Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Chelsea Away - Pre-Match Thread

Here's a theory....footballers actually need to play games to keep fit. 3 weeks off for some and they will be needing a mini preseason to get match Sharpe again. Strongest XI and go and give it a go. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

Here's a theory....footballers actually need to play games to keep fit. 3 weeks off for some and they will be needing a mini preseason to get match Sharpe again. Strongest XI and go and give it a go. 

Potentially could be 120 minutes like a Bournemouth so plenty of minutes to go round. It’s not just about keeping 11 players fit, we need the squad to be sharp and ready for the run in!

1 hour ago, LCFCJohn said:

Those saying start the strongest team, well perceived strongest team presumably you mean those who’d imagine are in the starting 11 most weeks in the league, do you not think some of the others have earned their opportunity by winning in previous rounds to get us here?

Goalkeeper a good example, I’m seeing people put Mads in for Jakub. Jakub has been very good in his cup appearances so it’d be wrong in my view to drop him.

Marcal another example. Came into the game well at Bournemouth and Stephy has been poor recently so why not give him another chance. 

In midfield we are so light that we probably do need to give significant minutes to the likes of KDH and Winks.

Stolarczyk has done well but I'd play Mads all day long tomorrow as the difference in distribution is massive.

I've settled on something like this

Hermansen

Hamza

Nelson

Coady

Doyle

Ndidi

Winks

KDH/Yunus

Fatawu

Daka

Wanya Marcal

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Stolarczyk has done well but I'd play Mads all day long tomorrow as the difference in distribution is massive.

Hermansen

Hamza

Nelson

Coady

Doyle

Ndidi

Winks

KDH/Yunus

Fatawu

Daka

Wanya Marcal

Good call, I don’t think we have as dead set a starting 11 week in week out as some people think, but it’s hard to judge who is going to be out of form. Coady has been very strong recently and seems to be good at keeping the range of passes mixed up. Coady and Nelson deserve a chance but hopefully we have enough in our legs to keep pace with a presumed faster than we have been used to pace.

45 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Hermansen

Hamza

Nelson

Coady

Doyle

Ndidi

Winks

KDH/Yunus

Fatawu

Daka

Wanya Marcal

I agree with the defence, midfield we have little options anyway. With Ndidi it’s whether we start him or give him more time coming on as a sub but with potential extra time, it’s an unknown how long he’d end up on for so I suppose if you want to manage his minutes, starting him may be the best way to do so.

The front 3, perhaps Cannon for Daka but agree with the wingers.

Just disagree about the goalkeeper though. I think it sends a bad message to Jakub to drop him when he’s done well. Outfield, a lot are interchangeable for example Doyle and Justin so it’s not a clear cut. Also it’s not like Mads has been his best self recently so I don’t think we are weakening ourselves. Jakub for me is a better shot stopper and I think that could be more important tomorrow!

21 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

I understand mate but we shouldn’t live in fear of an injury, injuries happen that’s part of life, I am of the belief you play your best players provided they are fit and Enzo sees best.

I do agree, I think my issue is, we’ve had a shitty fortnight on and off the pitch, and with promotion being so vital for our future it just seems like this is an unnecessary distraction…… 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

I agree with the defence, midfield we have little options anyway. With Ndidi it’s whether we start him or give him more time coming on as a sub but with potential extra time, it’s an unknown how long he’d end up on for so I suppose if you want to manage his minutes, starting him may be the best way to do so.

The front 3, perhaps Cannon for Daka but agree with the wingers.

Just disagree about the goalkeeper though. I think it sends a bad message to Jakub to drop him when he’s done well. Outfield, a lot are interchangeable for example Doyle and Justin so it’s not a clear cut. Also it’s not like Mads has been his best self recently so I don’t think we are weakening ourselves. Jakub for me is a better shot stopper and I think that could be more important tomorrow!

Hermansen vs Sunderland (kicking 1st half aside) and Hull he was phenomenal again but I get your point about Stolarczyk.

I just think at this stage of the competition against such opposition there's a need for elite distribution. Chelsea will punish us if Stolarczyk does what we've seen in some of the other games. Shot stopping wise he's brilliant.

14 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Oh yeah, we have a 3 not 4 point lead, yeah that would be horrible.

Yeah, I figured you were referring to the gap to third (the important one) in which that was correct anyway. But yeah not good coming off the top!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Hermansen vs Sunderland (kicking 1st half aside) and Hull he was phenomenal again but I get your point about Stolarczyk.

I just think at this stage of the competition against such opposition there's a need for elite distribution. Chelsea will punish us if Stolarczyk does what we've seen in some of the other games. Shot stopping wise he's brilliant.

Also get your point. It does feel like penalty at Hull aside, Hermansen’s shot stopping has been non existent for a few games. Not that that tells the story when the likes of QPR and Boro only had 2 shots on target anyway and it’s not like he was at fault.

Just now, MYKL said:

imagine if casadei puts one past us tomorrow lol

That will require quite an imagination considering he played and scored for us in round three

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Please start Nacho, I can't be arsed watching the ball ping off Daka the handful of times we actually get it forward to the striker. 

Whereas Nacho has a silken first touch!!!!  Not.

Edited by PaulW