Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Chelsea Away - Pre-Match Thread

27 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Enzo Maresca Pre-Match Press Conference vs Chelsea

Jamie Vardy is out

"Kasey and Ricky injured. Jamie injured. As I said, we play Sunderland away and he didn't train. Then he played last game, but he got injured again.

"It's more problems."

More on Vardy and Ndidi

“It’s a not big issue and we have international break. Kasey [McAteer] is the worst one, we are not sure if he’s back after international break.

“We are trying to manage his situation [Ndidi]. He play 25 mins vs Sunderland and 45 last game. We’ll see for Sunday’s game. With all the injury players, you have to be careful.”

On international break

“It’s very important because we play many games. I said many times, this year is different from previous years. In the Championship because you need around 100 points.

"This is not something like any other in the world. This year, all 3 teams who came down, plus Ipswich are fighting. We play 43 games and international break is fantastic. Then Bristol to the final game, we have nine games in one month.”

On alleged financial breaches

“No it’s not a distraction, at all. It’s an extra point, in case we get promoted, we deal with this season. At the end of the season, if we get promoted, it’ll be more enjoyable because you can put many problems that we’ve faced this year, but we’ve reached our target.

"The fans have to be very proud of the players because they are doing an unbelievable effort to take us back to the Premier League.”

On rotating his squad

“No, I don’t think so [international break changing anything]. We’ll see. After Chelsea, we don’t have game. At the moment, we have tomorrow’s session."

So presumably a heavily-rotated team as in previous rounds...?

6 hours ago, harpendenfox said:

The only real issue is do you play Winks and KDH? They are our most important players, neither has an adequate replacement, but they both appear jaded of late

I thinks that’s because we have lost Ricardo and also Ndidi if these players can’t perform for 90 minutes after a weeks rest then bless there cotton socks, it’s not like they are injured.

• Sad 1

So that's basically guaranteed Daka starting on Sunday

Tom Cannon will cherish those 5 minutes at the end of the game where he gets to chase around the pitch with not a single chance or pass into him. 

4 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Probably best not to play him again this season ..  that would reduce the chance of him getting a season ending injury to zero  .. :thumbup:

Exactly, and light training only, or maybe skip training altogether. Some of the stuff on here. Just play your strongest team. It's the quarter finals of the FA Cup ffs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Please start Nacho, I can't be arsed watching the ball ping off Daka the handful of times we actually get it forward to the striker. 

Bet your not man enough to put that in the Daka thread!!!!😁

13 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Sounds more like he will go full strength even though we have various injuries

It's not clear, but the way it was phrased above made me think the question from the journalist was, "Will the international break change your approach to rotating for the FA Cup?" and Maresca replied, "No, I don't think so" - meaning that he doesn't intend to rotate less. But the phrasing is ambiguous, so it could mean anything really...

I would start with

Stol

hamza coady  vesty doyle

Winks

wilf.   Kdh

Albrighton.          Wanya

Nacho

Yunus, cannon, Fatawu, and mavs  for wilf, Marc, nacho and wanya for last 30 (plus et if req).

would rather see wilf start, get some decent minutes. If he comes on second half could end up playing more than intended if it goes to et.

think is a game, if we are serious about it, where Enzo needs to be on it with his in game management and subs, especially if it’s tight and possibility of extra time.

still want us to go strong and give it a real go. Can’t be doing with all this cr*p about resting or not risking players for the league. It’s a QF ffs, a win here is worth £2m in appearance and gate receipts for the semi. Those saying the cup will be there next year etc always seems to find a reason for to dismiss it. Beside we could draw Man City away in the 3rd round for the next god knows how many years. A cup run is always good

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Probably best not to play him again this season ..  that would reduce the chance of him getting a season ending injury to zero  .. :thumbup:

na he’d just manage it in training instead, Seagrave right!