Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Chelsea Away - Pre-Match Thread

2 hours ago, LCFCJohn said:

Hermansen’s shot stopping has been non existent for a few games.

Yup, I've noticed that too. Quite a few times first half if the season he pulled a rabbit out the hat and bailed us out at a critical time. Cov at home. Blackburn and Swansea away. That just seems to have dried up a bit. He's let in some fairly routine goals, not at fault, but not saved us either

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Stolarczyk has done well but I'd play Mads all day long tomorrow as the difference in distribution is massive.

I've settled on something like this

Hermansen

Hamza

Nelson

Coady

Doyle

Ndidi

Winks

KDH/Yunus

Fatawu

Daka

Wanya Marcal

I'm pretty sure Stolarczyk will play tomorrow. 

I just have the feeling Enzo is one of those managers that is so tunnel visoned (whether it's stubborness that's up for debate) that he'll play a weaker distributor against a good Premier League press because that's what he's said is going to happen with the keepers this season. 

You're right. We're crying out for Mads tomorrow and it'll be interesting to see what Enzo does, I just have a funny feeling he won't play him. 

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Yup, I've noticed that too. Quite a few times first half if the season he pulled a rabbit out the hat and bailed us out at a critical time. Cov at home. Blackburn and Swansea away. That just seems to have dried up a bit. He's let in some fairly routine goals, not at fault, but not saved us either

Made a super save at Sunderland tipping a long ranger onto the bar 

• Like 4

On 09/03/2024 at 19:30, FoxinNotts said:

Because getting promotion is too important. What would happen to our promotion push if Winks, Fatawu, Vardy, Ricardo, Nidid, KDH etc were to get long term injured, playing against Chelsea?

If they all got injured in the game we'd have bigger things to worry about - like are any more asteroids going to hit England

• Haha 1

On 11/03/2024 at 16:57, Bluetintedspecs said:

A strange but amazing day , somewhat surreal , tbh a 2nd piece of silverware that we thought we'd never witness yet here we are with those phenomenal memories!

Agree re Sunday , nothing to lose,  have a real go as Chelsea can be really hit n miss and vulnerable at times.

Know what you mean we’ve nothing really to lose just go for the Jugular hit them hard keep them frustrated & making some silly tackles maybe the odd pen for us who Knows??

Be nice to go Further but not at the expense of getting out of this League Back to the EPL, but on the other hand if we beat Chelsea who knows what it could do for their confidence last 9 games to dig in & win our last remaining fixtures !

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LCFCJohn said:

Also get your point. It does feel like penalty at Hull aside, Hermansen’s shot stopping has been non existent for a few games. Not that that tells the story when the likes of QPR and Boro only had 2 shots on target anyway and it’s not like he was at fault.

Pulled off some very good saves at Sunderland and Hull but agreed before that he's been sub par by his standards.

On 09/03/2024 at 20:15, FoxinNotts said:

Can’t believe people aren’t taking getting promotion seriously. It’s an absolute must, this season with everything going on in the background.

Even if we were to beat Chelsea, we aren’t going on to win it, not with the teams that are still left in it this year.

If they get injured in a league game, then I’d have no complaints. If they get injured playing Chelsea playing in, frankly, and unimportant competition (this particular season), then complaints will be justified

Absolutely correct.

If we don't get promoted this season there will need to be a massive clear out of players not counting those out of contract and sales of our supposed better players.

We could easily end being like Stoke and facing a decade or more out of the top flight.

I understand people wanting us to give it a real go but this game is a distraction right now. Also though they have struggled a bit the gap between them and us if they play anything like a full team is far wider than some people realise.

I hope we win but I think the chances are slim whatever team we put out.

1 hour ago, justfoxes said:

Know what you mean we’ve nothing really to lose just go for the Jugular hit them hard keep them frustrated & making some silly tackles maybe the odd pen for us who Knows??

Be nice to go Further but not at the expense of getting out of this League Back to the EPL, but on the other hand if we beat Chelsea who knows what it could do for their confidence last 9 games to dig in & win our last remaining fixtures !

Didn't seem to work that way beating Bournemouth.

On 09/03/2024 at 19:33, Pliskin said:

Couldn’t give less of a shit about a game. Play the under 19’s but include hamza and task him to end Chilwell’s career. 

It’s a quarter final we have to take it seriously otherwise the efforts to date are wasted. A win would be massive for confidence. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, oxtonfox said:

Imagine if we get Cov in the playoffs? Heck ….

Judging by their performance today, I would not be at all confident of getting a result v them given the way we've played in the last month. 

• Like 1

None of the top 4 would want Cov in the playoffs. We need to get our act together and get an automatic spot. At this point I'd take scraping through in second. As for the Chelsea game, let's just get through it without any injuries!

Edited by SixtiesFox
  • Like 1