Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Chelsea Away - Pre-Match Thread

8 minutes ago, harpendenfox said:

The only real issue is do you play Winks and KDH? They are our most important players, neither has an adequate replacement, but they both appear jaded of late

There is an international break coming up and they can rest up.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I keep reading this but is our perceived strongest team actually our best team right now given we've been struggling when they've played and their record against better sides is suspect. 

Our fringe team perhaps don't have the same issues with form and mentality but it's probably coincidence.

I'd go somewhere between the two, there's definite players who need dropping.

I could be the sort of game that gets them firing. 

The main issues for our strongest team are KDH and Mavididi's form, which have been rarely rotated. I think we made a mistake buying a fourth striker rather than a creative player flexible enough to play at 8 or wide. 

I expect a mix-and-match approach; Jakob, Coady, Doyle, and Wanya are all likely to play.  

It's a real shame that the likes of Braybrooke and Alves are match fit, as I would throw them in and see how they go. 

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

And if Winks gets a season ending injury? 

He could get a season ending injury at Bristol  City away then what? If he’s fit to play and Enzo feels he’s worthy of selection I don’t see the issue.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

He could get a season ending injury at Bristol  City away then what? If he’s fit to play and Enzo feels he’s worthy of selection I don’t see the issue.

If he gets an injury in a league game, so be it. But if he was to get injured in a cup game, when he could have been rested is another matter. You can’t remove the risk of injury every game, but for games like this you can, and we should. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

If he gets an injury in a league game, so be it. But if he was to get injured in a cup game, when he could have been rested is another matter. You can’t remove the risk of injury every game, but for games like this you can, and we should. 

I understand mate but we shouldn’t live in fear of an injury, injuries happen that’s part of life, I am of the belief you play your best players provided they are fit and Enzo sees best.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

And if Winks gets a season ending injury? 

Probably best not to play him again this season ..  that would reduce the chance of him getting a season ending injury to zero  .. :thumbup:

39 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Oh dear ..  in a couple of days that’ll be four times since 2012 then ..  :mellow:

Hope all of us who are going don’t have your thoughts 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Countryfox said:

Probably best not to play him again this season ..  that would reduce the chance of him getting a season ending injury to zero  .. :thumbup:

Getting injured in the line of fire in a league game is an acceptable risk. The FA Cup, not so much.

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

Edited by rugbyblue
Don't want to argue on internet like a teenager on YouTube
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

I could be the sort of game that gets them firing. 

The main issues for our strongest team are KDH and Mavididi's form, which have been rarely rotated. I think we made a mistake buying a fourth striker rather than a creative player flexible enough to play at 8 or wide. 

I expect a mix-and-match approach; Jakob, Coady, Doyle, and Wanya are all likely to play.  

It's a real shame that the likes of Braybrooke and Alves are match fit, as I would throw them in and see how they go. 

Agreed. We needed a versatile attacking midfielder / winger rather than a 4th striker.

I'm still very keen to see what Silko Thomas is like, would have been great for him to get a loan move in January.

• Like 2