Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

Player of the Season Vote

11 hours ago, brucey said:

Went for Wilf due to his huge role transformation and our abysmal record without him

I don’t think a player warrants a vote for not playing. He’s missed far too much of the season for me to be considered. 
Between KDH and Ricardo for me. KDH for his goal/assist stats and Ricardo for his great consistency and his tactical ability to play a number of roles in the team. 

12 hours ago, Nalis said:

Did Smithies ever get his award last season?

Nah they scrapped the whole ceremony! Bet he was fumin.

But I voted for Winks. KDH will win the actual EFL award if we win the league and Ricky will probably get players player perhaps? 

Also not watched anything of the women's team really so might be miles off it but that Rantala looks a baller!

Edited by TheGoldenGod

Always difficult, these votes.

People are saying it's impossible for it not to be KDH, yet you look at the match ratings for the season and he's only ranked 6th of players that have played more than 10 games. 

Hard to argue with his goal contributions but I'm not convinced he's put in the type of all round performance we know he's capable of often enough. The match ratings support that. 

Match ratings over the season have it as Winks, Vesty and Ricky in a very tight battle for top spot, and that feels about right to me.

In my book, player of the season should go to somebody who has consistently performed throughout the season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trugerkem said:

I’m sure somebody somewhere will take offence to that …. Tough 

If it makes you feel better, the most offensive thing about it was how unfunny it was.

• Haha 2

Hermansen for me. 

Completely nailed the goalkeeping position after a shitshow ever since kasper left. Enabling us to play a style we never could under Kasper, Ward or any other goalies we've had. 

Also, and often forgotten, his shotstopping has been another level ever since keeping out Haji Wright in the first game of the season. Particularly given that its usually been nothing to face for 40mins and then 2 or 3 guilt edged chances for the opposition. 

Ricardo second for me. Even at his worst has been a 7 and is the biggest miss when not available.

KDH, Mavididi, Fatawu, Vardy have been our match winners and have some impressive goal and assist stats. That said, when they have been poor, they have been 4 out of 10 and cost us games with missed chances and stinking performances, which for me rule sthem out of player of the season. 

The fact KDH is ahead of Connor Chaplin, Adam Armstrong, Georgino Rutter is quite hard to understand for me. He's got better assist stats, worse goal stats and for me hasn't been quite the same player since the Jan window closed. Maybe coming back a bit now. 

Young Player would be Fatawu. Easy to forget he's 19 as when he's been good he's been truly outstanding.

• 4 weeks later...