Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

Leicester 2-1 Birmingham POST MATCH.

Just now, Guppys Love Child said:

I'm ecstatic we won, and we  back top with a game in hand 

But... the points we flushed away would probably mean we would be promoted by now...

Fair enough but I have said before that point lead was exaggerated by teams of a similar quality underperforming and us over performing, we were literally on for a record points total. January was the turning point ultimately with AFCON as well as injuries. Immediate return to the premier league is stacked against you, see the odds below.

But of the 81 teams relegated from domestic football's elite division since 1995-96, only 22 (around 27 per cent) bounced straight back. On average, less than one relegated team a season returns to the top flight one year later

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JayTheFox said:

Fair enough but I have said before that point lead was exaggerated by teams of a similar quality underperforming and us over performing, we were literally on for a record points total. January was the turning point ultimately with AFCON as well as injuries. Immediate return to the premier league is stacked against you, see the odds below.

But of the 81 teams relegated from domestic football's elite division since 1995-96, only 22 (around 27 per cent) bounced straight back. On average, less than one relegated team a season returns to the top flight one year later

Average points for Automatic is 88 so we would be promoted by now already.

Just now, Blarmy said:

It’s incredible isn’t it?

Like, obviously I’m being slightly obnoxious and I do understand people being frustrated with letting the lead crumble but, aye, it’s mental. Has the joy from football just gone? IF we get promoted (and I know it’s still an if) this will have to be the most depressing promotion in the history of football. 

• Like 2

I would quite happily have a gang session with Delia Smith, Stephy and that borderline noncey teaching assistant from Nativity right now. What a weekend.