Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Southampton 5-0 post match mutual touching frisky party

2 hours ago, mikey_b said:

he looked and sounded pretty pissed off in the post match interview, in my opinion. almost like he was annoyed we won 5-0 when not playing enzoball.

ok this is just funny lol

• Like 1

How can sky sports scores app be so wrong (unless I'm missing something). They state that Leicester thump sorry Southampton to go within one point of promotion, do they know something I don't? As one point puts us on 95. Leeds win both of their games to go to 96 and Ipswich have 3 games with the chance to go to 98 points. 

So bad how wrong they can be. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, The Quick Brown Fox said:

How can sky sports scores app be so wrong (unless I'm missing something). They state that Leicester thump sorry Southampton to go within one point of promotion, do they know something I don't? As one point puts us on 95. Leeds win both of their games to go to 96 and Ipswich have 3 games with the chance to go to 98 points. 

So bad how wrong they can be. 

One WIN for promotion mate

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

One WIN for promotion mate

Yeah I know. Just pointing out they are saying one point from promotion when that is incorrect. 

Just to add we may not even need another point for promotion or even the title of results go out way 😁

Edited by The Quick Brown Fox

Southampton came out for the second half like they'd had a rocket up their backsides. Yet we withstood that and eased our way to victory. Bizarrely they shifted Walker-Peters from LB to RB for the second half and gave Fatawu more space and less pressure to operate in.

A great performance all round from the Foxes.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Would any have the goals been ruled out if there was VAR? 

Pretty sad if it happened 

Potentially the first. They'd draw the lines for sure. Other than that, no.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OnlyOneCity said:

He was going mental with joy along the touch line, not anger or disappointment!

This. 

I sometimes feel some people want to believe the worst of Enzo.  Personally I'm super happy and have been all season.  It doesn't always work - but nothing does in football.

Have we been top (when games played equalised) all season?  Feels that way.  Perhaps not the first few weeks?

44 minutes ago, Arkie Bennett said:

Bizarrely they shifted Walker-Peters from LB to RB for the second half and gave Fatawu more space and less pressure to operate in.

We said the same last night and Mavididi was better against Walker-Peters as well. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ronnup said:

Not really.

They really were ****ing crap too, they look like the Cardiff game broke them

Yes really. When was the last time a team afforded us that much space at the back? It was the same earlier in the season at their place.  playing the same system the same way and they went 20 odd games unbeaten. 

Give us some credit

Edited by ARTY_FOX

2 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Yes really. When was the last time a team afforded us that much space at the back? It was the same earlier in the season at their place.  playing the same system the same way and they went 20 odd games unbeaten. 

Give us some credit

I am, but you've missed the entire point of my post. The Cardiff result has effected them dramatically. Yes we were good , but let's also be realistic. 

Just now, ARTY_FOX said:

Yes really. When was the last time a team afforded us that much space at the back? It was the same earlier in the season playing the same system the same way an went 20 odd games unbeaten. 

Just seen the replay in Sky Sports. What you don't notice from the highlights was not just the amount of space they give us, but they are barely moving and commited to very little. Fatawu at times was just allowed to walk around with the ball. Against teams lower in the division he would normally have 2 hard bastards swarming over him.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Arkie Bennett said:

Southampton came out for the second half like they'd had a rocket up their backsides. Yet we withstood that and eased our way to victory. Bizarrely they shifted Walker-Peters from LB to RB for the second half and gave Fatawu more space and less pressure to operate in.

A great performance all round from the Foxes.

Yea it only lasted 6 minutes. I was looking at the clock and everything! Their momentum in the second half died down after 51-52 mins. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

The way we cut off passing lanes yesterday was brilliant.

Forcing them down blind alleys, over the top where JJ and Faes mopped most things up.

Vestergaard was brilliant sweeping into midfield again. 

JJ was awesome. I'm not sure Armstrong played one forward pass! I'd be surprised if he even passed the ball to Adams all game.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ronnup said:

I am, but you've missed the entire point of my post. The Cardiff result has effected them dramatically. Yes we were good , but let's also be realistic. 

We don't know that though do we. You're guessing because rather than we were just allt better than them the theme to cut us down and big everyone else up continues. 

The way they played last night is how they always play and part of the reason any saints fan will tell you they look crap vs anyone half decent. We were too good for them. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Just seen the replay in Sky Sports. What you don't notice from the highlights was not just the amount of space they give us, but they are barely moving and commited to very little. Fatawu at times was just allowed to walk around with the ball. Against teams lower in the division he would normally have 2 hard bastards swarming over him.

The best part is he doesn't think they played badly 

2 hours ago, Richmondfox said:

Only just checked the result. It was 2-0 just before I took off. 

I woke up at 3:15am my time, saw it was 0-0, fell asleep and dreamed we lost 4-3, then woke up and saw it was 5-0 and thought I was dreaming.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

We don't know that though do we. You're guessing because rather than we were just allt better than them the theme to cut us down and big everyone else up continues. 

The way they played last night is how they always play and part of the reason any saints fan will tell you they look crap vs anyone half decent. We were too good for them. 

Calm down sweat pea. This is a forum for footballing discussion. Not every comment has to be blind faith and support or complete negative agenda. I'm simply making a comment about the game, and the football. Can we all stop biting eachothers heads off about footballing discussion. 

Find my comments that show me cutting our team down as you say it, and the ones where I big up other teams as you put it...

The way young people have to dive into absolutes is such a worry 

Guest leatherhead32

5.0 4.1,  the cricket final at notts  the fa cup semi and the record prem  away win . # can we play you every week  #  nice people tbf wish it was vile villa

56 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

JJ was awesome. I'm not sure Armstrong played one forward pass! I'd be surprised if he even passed the ball to Adams all game.

For how highly rated Armstrong, Adams and Brooks are, they were incredibly well marshalled out of the game 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, ronnup said:

Calm down sweat pea. This is a forum for footballing discussion. Not every comment has to be blind faith and support or complete negative agenda. I'm simply making a comment about the game, and the football. Can we all stop biting eachothers heads off about footballing discussion. 

Find my comments that show me cutting our team down as you say it, and the ones where I big up other teams as you put it...

The way young people have to dive into absolutes is such a worry 

I'm not angry but thanks for the condescending start lol

I'm not saying that you specifically are cutting us down I'm saying that this place has a general problem of the other team either being awful or us being awful (with a splattering of delusional world class claims) with zero inbetween. I'm in full agreement, its a place for discussion. Which is what i thought we were having. But it seems ive unintentionally struck some sort of nerve. 

Edit. I also don't know what constitutes as young to you, but I'll take it. 

Edited by ARTY_FOX

Even the commentators pointed out how lazy the Southampton team looked last night.

We took full advantage of it which was nice to see but let's not make out they struggled due to us being some unstoppable force. Much like Norwich they didn't really try and commit forwards for any sustained period of time and didn't work particularly hard to deprive us of space.

It's not a coincidence that those 2 are the only 2 that had single digit fouls against us in the last 10 games (that was as far back as I could be bothered to look)

• Haha 1