Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Southampton 5-0 post match mutual touching frisky party

9 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Gotta love Southampton :D

They pretty much relegated us last season so good to return the favour and confirm they’re only in the playoffs 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Daggers said:

I’ve enjoyed your insights across the season - but I have to say this episode is by far the worst analysis you’ve ever put across. 

There was not a single mention of the role the match thread starter played or how his memes kept the momentum up throughout the 90 minutes. 

Honestly shocking. 

If I were you I’d go check out that match thread and give some credit where it was truly due. 

I’m out. 

lol :appl:

Enzo loves to control games. He openly says he doesn’t like “chaos”. We had 33% last night and at no point did I think we weren’t dominant and in control of that game. You can control games without having the majority of possession. Hopefully Enzo realises that because at times next year we’re going to suffer and be begging for 33% possession. Doesn’t mean you can’t win a game - see Ranieri for tips!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

Enzo loves to control games. He openly says he doesn’t like “chaos”. We had 33% last night and at no point did I think we weren’t dominant and in control of that game. You can control games without having the majority of possession. Hopefully Enzo realises that because at times next year we’re going to suffer and be begging for 33% possession. Doesn’t mean you can’t win a game - see Ranieri for tips!

Completely agree with this, I was thinking during the 2nd half, we haven't looked this controlled out of possession all season. 

Southampton very rarely got into dangerous positions, we looked in shape the majority of the time and our targeted press from the front was excellent. 

Saints were dire yes, but that level and style of performance has to be the blueprint for next season when we will likely see 30-40% possession more often than 60-70%

• Like 4

Performance of the season I'd say, Not just the goals but the level of commitment from everyone.

The standouts for me were Fats obviously for his goals but all round performance.

KDH who filled in the holes superbly playing in the pockets of space available.

Wilf I thought had his best game for us this season and scored from a terrific training ground move.

Ricardo showing his class when needed.

Vesty controlled it from the back with JJ getting forward well in support.

Vardy leading the line like the pro we know he is.

Mav was reasonably quiet but effective when in possession.

All round a great performance.

Well done to the Fans also for creating a great atmosphere.

Edited by Clever Fox
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, LVFox said:

Completely agree with this, I was thinking during the 2nd half, we haven't looked this controlled out of possession all season. 

Southampton very rarely got into dangerous positions, we looked in shape the majority of the time and our targeted press from the front was excellent. 

Saints were dire yes, but that level and style of performance has to be the blueprint for next season when we will likely see 30-40% possession more often than 60-70%

Agreed. The press was particularly impressive. We made 10 turnovers - they were woeful though.

WOW, no tip-tap toe at the back, Mads pumping the balls up the pitch, less possession but counter-attacking football = 5-nil hammering, no fear of a team snatching a late goal. Wonder if Big Nigel P had a word, stop this boring football this team wants to attack attack attack happy days......... LETS GET TO 💯 POINTS NOW!!!!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Still played out from the back, but mixed it up a bit and much more positive and quick breaking forward (imo)

Yes and a lot more long kicks from Mads. More last night than any match this season. Mixed it up for a change which worked well. Think it surprised the opposition. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ramboacdc said:

I am starting to get quietly confident we may finish in the top 2 lads....

I cannot see Ipswich getting more than 4 points from their next three games it’s all but done now imo

Just now, Happy Fox said:

I cannot see Ipswich getting more than 4 points from their next three games it’s all but done now imo

Oh they will. A last ditched EFL inspired luckathon is coming. We have to get 3 more points. 

• Like 1

Just now, Chelmofox said:

Oh they will. A last ditched EFL inspired luckathon is coming. We have to get 3 more points. 

I can see both Leeds and Ipswich getting 93 points , Leeds pipping Ipswich on goal difference.

1 minute ago, Happy Fox said:

I can see both Leeds and Ipswich getting 93 points , Leeds pipping Ipswich on goal difference.

For Ipswich, i think Hull are out of it now and Cov are knackered after the semi final. Huddersfield are awful. I would not put it past them to get all 9 points. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Bert said:

One of the most impressive things for me last night was that when we lost the ball we just tried to kick lumps out of them. We made 20 fouls and it really helped stopping them play. 

And without Hamza on the pitch for an hour!