Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Southampton 5-0 post match mutual touching frisky party

3 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Saints are bigger bottlers than us under Martin. 

I’m not getting carried away as it’s a Russell Martin team with a couple of key players missing. 

It’s nice to come away from a big game with 3 points though. 

We were superb. Absolutely destroyed them. I’m getting carried away, already printing the PL patches off and gluing them to my shirt. 

What a night! Almost felt like a bit of a throwback. 

Brilliant atmosphere and it feels like the pressure is off although we've still got a job to do.

Great to see fans challenge the £25 card fee too and then getting straight back behind the team. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Haywood_6 said:

from the Saints forum 

"If we have possession of the ball, the other team cannot score" Russell Martin, 2023/24

The problem with having loads of possession is that you're often very uncomfortable when you don't have it (unless you're coached by the likes of Pep/Ancelotti/Klopp etc).

1 hour ago, Clever Fox said:

Performance of the season I'd say

I agree, but Enzo doesn't!

Leicester City manager Enzo Maresca told BBC Radio Leicester:

"The good thing now is that we are nearly there, we just need one more win to finish our job and hopefully that will be in the next game against Preston away.

"Most of the time people judge the results. I think the performance was good but I don't think it was our best performance of the season.

"But overall it was a fantastic performance on the ball and off the ball, the way they pressed, the way they worked until the end."

5 minutes ago, ronnup said:

Southampton were absolutely abysmal, so we have to factor that in. 

They just showed why everyone else sits in deep because anyone that doesn't when playing us will get mullered  

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Izzy said:

"The good thing now is that we are nearly there, we just need one more win to finish our job and hopefully that will be in the next game against Preston away.

"Most of the time people judge the results. I think the performance was good but I don't think it was our best performance of the season.

"But overall it was a fantastic performance on the ball and off the ball, the way they pressed, the way they worked until the end."

Because we didn’t have 65%+ possession, so they can’t enjoy it. It’s like Brendan all over again. Loved being shit in the second half against West Brom and hated battering them in the first, because we had no perceived “control” .

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Because we didn’t have 65%+ possession, so they can’t enjoy it. It’s like Brendan all over again. Loved being shit in the second half against West Brom and hated battering them in the first, because we had no perceived “control” .

But overall it was a fantastic performance on the ball and off the ball, the way they pressed, the way they worked until the end.

Feel a bit shit to hit him with the Brendan card after that final comment. Seems controlling through the press and constantly driving them backwards was the game plan.

But a hater is always gonna ....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It was the perfect "foxes never die" game that we have been totally lacking of late, good team selection and we chased down every opposition player with or without the ball and owned every blade of grass, inspired by the wonderful Vardy playing at the absolute top of his game with a perfect goal to add to his fantastic Leicester record. wonderful to watch.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

Proper Cambridge 1992 play off 2nd leg vibes tonight, one for the memory. 

Yes definitely, I said the same thing as we went on the goal rush. I swear I saw Tommy Wright wheeling away after Vardy’s goal. lol 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, steveb said:

It was the perfect "foxes never die" game that we have been totally lacking of late, good team selection and we chased down every opposition player with or without the ball and owned every blade of grass, inspired by the wonderful Vardy playing at the absolute top of his game with a perfect goal to add to his fantastic Leicester record. wonderful to watch.

Foxes die all the time! 😄 

• Haha 1

Safe to say no one saw that coming. I knew we'd have some joy against them and I knew it was a good time to play them, but I didn't expect us destroy them like that.

Our pressing was superb for most of the game and, other than a few attacks that broke down in the first half due to the too many touches, we were ruthless and clinical in front of goal.

I appreciate that you can't play like that against a low block, but the higher level of pressing and aggressiveness seems to feed into mentality of the attacking players and cause them to be more ruthless, rather than overthink it.

I wish we played like that more often, it's so much more fun to watch. Hopefully in the Premier League we'll have to.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Clever Fox said:

Performance of the season I'd say, Not juggle the goals but the level of commitment from everyone.

The standouts for me were Fats obviously for his goals but all round performance.

KD H who filled in the hopes superbly plYing in the pockets of space available.

Wolf I thought had his best game for us this season and scored from a terrific training ground move.

Ricardo showing his class when needed.

Very controlled it from the gback with JJ getting forward well.

Vardy leading the line like the pro we know he is.

Mav was reasonably quiet but effective when in possession.

All round a great performance.

Well done to the Fans also for creating a great atmosphere.

For a clever fox that post is quite strange. Were you typing with hot dogs tapped to your fingers?  I didn’t once see KDH pYing in the spaces. And who is this Wolf you speak of?

JJ from gback?

I can only assume hard liquor or even harder drugs were involved. Aspirin man, lay off them. 

Other than that you were spot on, I think 🤣🤣

• Haha 4

52 minutes ago, Izzy said:

he looked and sounded pretty pissed off in the post match interview, in my opinion. almost like he was annoyed we won 5-0 when not playing enzoball.

I must admit I didn’t have particularly high expectations of the game last night. After Saturday, I worried if we were anything like as open, we would get punished.

But we adapted perfectly and let Saints play the role we have in other games recently. Excellent goals and football. To those who think playing lovely football the right way equates to more possession, just watch that game back!

Really pleased for Fatawu. Vardy rolling back the years and an all round great team performance. Great to see the togetherness in the past couple of games which has been lacking before.