Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

25 minutes ago, sdb said:

Saw Lion yesterday thanks to the positive reviews in here. Very, very good. Thought it was better before the introduction of the name cast but still had to hold back the tears at the end. 

The little Saroo was brilliant.

• Like 1

Patriots Day

Mark Wahlberg's character single-handedly treats the wounded, leads the investigation & captures the perpetrators of the Boston marathon bombing.

A dramatisation of the events.  No individual character development, just a blow by blow account of events with some real-life footage thrown in here & there.  A bit too 'America - yee haw', but that's to be expected.  Doesn't tell you anything you didn't already know.  6/10

Has anyone ever seen a film called Goodbye, Pork Pie?

I caught it late one night, many years ago, but I've never seen it again. It was filmed and set in New Zealand and is probably one of my favourite ever films.

58 minutes ago, Buce said:

Has anyone ever seen a film called Goodbye, Pork Pie?

I caught it late one night, many years ago, but I've never seen it again. It was filmed and set in New Zealand and is probably one of my favourite ever films.

I saw it many years ago. They had a mini IIrc. I quite enjoyed it myself.

• Like 1

Lion - agree with everyone, it's brilliant. Everyone around me in the cinema was a sobbing mess.

For a change of mood, went to see John Wick: Chapter 2 yesterday.  Not as good as the first.  He keeps killing people in the same way: Maim them, hold them down, kill someone else, return to maimed victim and shoot them through the head.  Me and the missus both struggled to stay awake.

Lastly, just rewatched Garden State, written and directed by Zach Braff.  The whole thing was just a ploy for Braff to get hold of La Portman, wasn't it?

• Like 1

On 18/02/2017 at 11:44, pSinatra said:

Patriots Day

Mark Wahlberg's character single-handedly treats the wounded, leads the investigation & captures the perpetrators of the Boston marathon bombing.

A dramatisation of the events.  No individual character development, just a blow by blow account of events with some real-life footage thrown in here & there.  A bit too 'America - yee haw', but that's to be expected.  Doesn't tell you anything you didn't already know.  6/10

Not too bad, not brilliant but I'd give it an 8/10

On 18/02/2017 at 22:40, Wookie said:

Watched The Big Short, I'd say it was a decent film considering it wasn't particularly entertaining 7/10. 

It was a 9.5 for me bit I'm in that industry so understood a lot of what was going on. Gawd knows how you understand much of it at all if you weren't and would probably then mark as you did from a pure entertainment perspective 

7 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

I've got four options to pick for late night viewing, which of these shall I go for? 13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi, Hunt for the Wilderpeople, The Accountant, The Girl on the Train.

I haven't seen 13 hours, but Hunt for the Wilderpeople was easily the best out of the others.  Girl on a train - awful.  The Accountant - reasonable but nothing special & it's got Ben Affleck in it (never good).

Hunt for the Wilderpeople is one of the best films I've seen for a while

• Like 1

saw lion at the cinema, such a brilliant film and a very powerful one particularly that it was a true story, my girlfriend was comforting me i was sobbing so much and later trying to describe the film to my brother i was tearing up. a really powerful film that has the ability to stir up emotions.

• Like 1