Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

On 23/12/2018 at 19:54, Babylon said:

Home Alone at the Royal Albert Hall last night, with a live Orchestra and Choir doing the soundtrack. Great stuff!

I was there too - bloody brilliant!

Was lucky enough to see Star Wars A New Hope with the London Symphony Orchestra a few weeks before that.

• Like 1

Watched The Death Of Stalin, one of my christmas presents. Went into with low expectations thought it was going to be a wacky random comedy, with Michael Palin and Paul Whitehouse in the cast I was expecting a Monty Python/Harry Enfield and Chums crossover type movie. However I was very surprised, it was very good well written movie. It is amazing how they could write a comedy about an horrific historic events at the time and make it funny. For me it was like Blackadder episode, they remained with its time period and stuck to its timeline without going off rails and doing something random wacky. Of course there's no dodgy russians accent, in fact everybody is talking in there usual dialect.

The story itself focuses the aftermath of Stalin's death, the decision of who was the best person to takeover and who could be trusted, through out the film we see famous russian figures at the time pointing figures at each other but at the same thing at the end of the day.  There's interesting rivalry between two of the figures and the things they tried to cover up.  

If you liked Valkyrie, then you like this movie as strangely there is similarities. The idea there's a secret group, trying to take force and takeover. 

Edited by Leicesterpool
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

It is unspeakably brilliant. Just finished it. And then again. And then a few more times. 

Charlie Brooker is a ****ing genius. 

6 hours of footage you can potentially work your way through apparently, gonna try and get through it all this weekend 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Innovindil said:

I managed to send that cvnt down the rabbit hole in record time. Twatting my shrink in the process. Excellent stuff. lol

Same here, reminds me of Untill Dawn on the PS4 where the aim was to save everyone and I standardly made decisions like shooting them in the head in order to make that happen...

Recently saw a movie called Bone Tomahawk that I had never heard of before, very well acted but also unsettling at times.

Kurt Russell looked like he walked straight off the set of The Hateful Eight and onto this film.

On 30/12/2018 at 22:57, Tuna said:

Recently saw a movie called Bone Tomahawk that I had never heard of before, very well acted but also unsettling at times.

Kurt Russell looked like he walked straight off the set of The Hateful Eight and onto this film.

When that poor chap gets chopped in half !

• Like 1

I haven't watched any films for about 8 months but got down to a few over the Christmas period.

Hans Solo - surprisingly good. Best Disney Star Wars by far - I'd almost given them up. Perhaps it helped that Disney didn't feel the need to make sure all genders, races, animals had equal rights and that the marketing didn't manage to get a couple of silly robots and cuddly bears in for associated sales.

Fantastic Beasts 2  - Again happily surprised, the first disappointed me - beautiful but lacking storyline - this had story throughout, nothing original but Harry Potter like fun.

Mission Impossible - fallout - predictable but again very enjoyable.

Jurassic world - fallen Kingdom - predictable but still enjoyable.

Johnny English Strikes again - more and more bean like but watchable.

The Queen and I - watched it hoping to see the Braunstone estate - didn't

Frozen - Must be the dresses that the girls like - the storyline and singing was abnoxious - let it go.

Peter Rabbit - enjoyable

The equalizer 2 - managed to get to the end.

Blakkklansmen - I expected far more laughs, sure it made a moral/historical point but I expected far far better.

Got some Marvel films to watch next.

Bumblebee is a decent movie.  The best one imo.  Some decent 80s nostalgia thrown in for good measure.

Now that Bay has been binned it makes a refreshing change to actually recognise which transformer is which, rather than a load of metal crashing across the screen at 100mph every 10 seconds.

Instantly recognised many on Cybertron from the original cartoon series, Wheeljack, Soubdwave etc. hopefully they continue in the same way from now on.

8/10

Guest seanfox778

Went a bit film crazy the last 24 hours

Touch of Evil - 8/10

Orson Welles classic. Corrupt cops, kidnapping and murder on the border of Mexico and the USA.

The Dead Zone - 9/10

Christopher Walken is involved in a car accident and develops psychic powers. Based on a Steven King novel.

The Fly - 9/10

Disgusting horror starring Jeff Goldblum. A man teleports himself between two pods but a fly also gets involved in the fun with gross consequences. 

Pearl Harbour - 6/10

Very corny with over the top acting but I do enjoy watching it. "Please ma'am, don't take my wings!".

Going to watch A Nightmare on Elm Street part 2: Freddy's Revenge now. 

Edited by seanfox778

On 29/12/2018 at 00:04, Leicesterpool said:

Watched The Death Of Stalin, one of my christmas presents. Went into with low expectations thought it was going to be a wacky random comedy, with Michael Palin and Paul Whitehouse in the cast I was expecting a Monty Python/Harry Enfield and Chums crossover type movie. However I was very surprised, it was very good well written movie. It is amazing how they could write a comedy about an horrific historic events at the time and make it funny. For me it was like Blackadder episode, they remained with its time period and stuck to its timeline without going off rails and doing something random wacky. Of course there's no dodgy russians accent, in fact everybody is talking in there usual dialect.

The story itself focuses the aftermath of Stalin's death, the decision of who was the best person to takeover and who could be trusted, through out the film we see famous russian figures at the time pointing figures at each other but at the same thing at the end of the day.  There's interesting rivalry between two of the figures and the things they tried to cover up.  

If you liked Valkyrie, then you like this movie as strangely there is similarities. The idea there's a secret group, trying to take force and takeover. 

recommended it a while back , glad you liked it too

On ‎03‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 23:03, seanfox778 said:

The Dead Zone - 9/10

Christopher Walken is involved in a car accident and develops psychic powers. Based on a Steven King novel.

Great film.

"The ICE is gonna BREAK!"

Guest seanfox778
5 hours ago, Tuna said:

Great film.

"The ICE is gonna BREAK!"

That's my favourite bit, it's just so Christopher Walken.