Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

29 minutes ago, MattP said:

Watched 22 July.

As harrowing as you would expect, a very tough watch. It's a scary thought he could be released one day.

He'll never get out. Not unless someone takes pity and let's him die in a secure home when he's in his nineties and riddled with illness. 

Breivik is an unrelentingly unapologetic psychopath. He can be detained indefinitely as a significant threat to society. 

It's a misconception that he'll be out walking the streets after 21 years. 

Edit: there's an explanation here:

http://www.thejournal.ie/21-years-breivik-trial-sentence-norway-570722-Aug2012/

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, MattP said:

Watched 22 July.

As harrowing as you would expect, a very tough watch. It's a scary thought he could be released one day.

It wasn’t a feel good film that was for sure.

Still moaning about being in solitary and his human rights to this day.Not sure you can reform someone like that,and it always baffles me how you can defend someone like that,considering his lawyers background.

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

He'll never get out. Not unless someone takes pity and let's him die in a secure home when he's in his nineties and riddled with illness. 

Breivik is an unrelentingly unapologetic psychopath. He can be detained indefinitely as a significant threat to society. 

It's a misconception that he'll be out walking the streets after 21 years. 

Edit: there's an explanation here:

http://www.thejournal.ie/21-years-breivik-trial-sentence-norway-570722-Aug2012/

I know, had quite an in-depth read after the film about everything around it, wasn't under the misconception the 21 year term was unequivocal, but we have no idea what he'll be like in twenty years and you can sure they'll be people fighting his corner one day to secure his freedom.

I'd agree it's unlikely he'll ever be released, but it is possible - we live in a World where Pedro Lopez was released.

2 minutes ago, cambridgefox said:

It wasn’t a feel good film that was for sure.

Still moaning about being in solitary and his human rights to this day.Not sure you can reform someone like that,and it always baffles me how you can defend someone like that,considering his lawyers background.

The lawyers point is that everyone deserves a defence and we have to do that show we are above the mob etc - I certainly wouldn't be able to do though for somebody like that, let alone profit from it.

I disagree Matt, you know exactly what he'll be like in 21 years - still a psychopath. It isn't curable, he can't be rehabilitated. 

Any parole board in any modern, developed country is going to know that, he'll be assessed and that'll be a rubber stamping exercise in which some psychologist with more PhDs than you and I combined have had steaks will advise that he's still a threat and his detention will continue. 

Once you're branded a psychopath, there's not a lot you can do, any attempt - however well performed - to convince anyone that you've changed, reformed, become remorseful, learned the error of your ways and seen the light will be met with due cynicism. 

The above mentioned Dr. PhD 9000 is going to advise that any attempt by Breivik to convince a board he should be released is just manipulation and they're going to say yep, we agree, we've seen this before and away he goes. 

Bohemian Rhapsody was brilliant. Sagged a bit in the middle but I’m not bothered about that; ABBA fans didn’t go to see Mamma Mia for the plot progression. 

Rami Malik was a revelation. He nailed the physicality of Freddie perfectly. I might go and see it again purely for the Wembley scenes!

The rest of the band were great too. The hair was amazing. 

• Like 3

Geralds Game on Netflix - A woman accidentally kills her husband during a kinky game. Handcuffed to her bed with no hope of rescue, she begins hearing voices and seeing strange visions.

Decent horror based on Stephen King story 7/10

• Like 1

7 hours ago, rico said:

Geralds Game on Netflix - A woman accidentally kills her husband during a kinky game. Handcuffed to her bed with no hope of rescue, she begins hearing voices and seeing strange visions.

Decent horror based on Stephen King story 7/10

I watched this a while ago and enjoyed it.

• Like 1

Well I thought Bohemian Rhapsody was fvckin outstanding.

Rami Malik was superb as Freddie Mercury and the bloke who played Brian May was more like Brian May than Brian May.

I loved the Live Aid recreation and seeing the old Wembley brought back many memories.

What an entertainer Mercury was. We'll never see the like of him again.

Off to watch a load of old Queen footage on YouTube now :thumbup:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Well I thought Bohemian Rhapsody was fvckin outstanding.

Rami Malik was superb as Freddie Mercury and the bloke who played Brian May was more like Brian May than Brian May.

I loved the Live Aid recreation and seeing the old Wembley brought back many memories.

What an entertainer Mercury was. We'll never see the like of him again.

Off to watch a load of old Queen footage on YouTube now :thumbup:

sounds great, ill have to give it a watch, i was raised on queen. and abba but the less we speak of the latter the better

• Like 1

I'm so glad other people are saying how good Bohemian Rhapsody is as its one of the best films I've seen this year if not ever.

As someone who was raised on Queen they have been apart of my life for a long time! I went to watch this with my parents and the emotion they showed during just shows how big apart of peoples lives Freddie and Queen were for some. I did have to explain to my dad it wasn't actual footage as he was scanning the crowd looking for himself during the live aid scenes :D

It is pretty much perfect, yes there are a few bits that aren't exactly how it happened the moustache time line is a little bit out for instance and how they met isn't quite right, but who cares. The set, the acting, the make up and casting are incredible.

It's a 9.5/10 if not a 10 for me!

As soon as I got home I watched the whole live aid set the continuity is perfect even down to the Pepsi cups on the piano facing the right way!

• Like 2

Guest seanfox778
3 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Thought the new Halloween film was phenomenal. 

They’ve already stopped showing it in Cornwall :mad: I’ve been away with work since it’s release. I’ll have to drive to Plymouth to see it on Sunday.

Went to see the new Michael Moore earlier in the week Fahrenheit 11/9, thought it was excellent... i'd advise ignoring the IMDB score as i'd imagine there's a tonne of unhappy Republicans (and Democrats) down-voting lol.

Funnily enough I watched it on Halloween and it seemed like the most appropriate horror i've ever watched, without even being one! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, seanfox778 said:

They’ve already stopped showing it in Cornwall :mad: I’ve been away with work since it’s release. I’ll have to drive to Plymouth to see it on Sunday.

6 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Looking forward to seeing this over the weekend.

If you’re a fan of the original series it’s definitely worth it IMO. They nailed the tone and the general feel of it. Might see it again next week!

On 29/10/2018 at 11:16, urban.spaceman said:

Bohemian Rhapsody was brilliant. Sagged a bit in the middle but I’m not bothered about that; ABBA fans didn’t go to see Mamma Mia for the plot progression. 

Rami Malik was a revelation. He nailed the physicality of Freddie perfectly. I might go and see it again purely for the Wembley scenes!

The rest of the band were great too. The hair was amazing. 

Was better than I expected and I am not a Queen fan.