Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

On 26/01/2019 at 20:52, Suzie the Fox said:

Just watched Mortal Engines. What a great movie that was, loads of action 8/10. A definite must if you like Mad Max type apocalyptic films. 

Whatever it is you are taking you need to stop right now. This file was an utter pile of crap.

3 hours ago, sishades said:

Whatever it is you are taking you need to stop right now. This file was an utter pile of crap.

Different opinions maybe? I really enjoyed it but it’s not for everyone’s taste. 

Also what is a file? 

Edited by Suzie the Fox

4 hours ago, RODNEY FERNIO said:

Know you girls love him … but surely to be an actor you have to be able to act .

Think his most impressive performance was in Dunkirk where he only appeared for about a minute .. thank God.

Acting. Wtf. It’s all about eye candy isn’t it.? ? 

Actually thought he acted very well In that supernatural mini series, which the name escapes me now. Also decent in mad max remake. 

7 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:
10 hours ago, sishades said:

Different opinions maybe? I really enjoyed it but it’s not for everyone’s taste. 

Also what is a file? 

A film that is more cutting edge? .....ooops

On 02/02/2019 at 05:00, RODNEY FERNIO said:

Know you girls love him … but surely to be an actor you have to be able to act .

Think his most impressive performance was in Dunkirk where he only appeared for about a minute .. thank God.

On 02/02/2019 at 09:47, Suzie the Fox said:

Acting. Wtf. It’s all about eye candy isn’t it.? ? 

Actually thought he acted very well In that supernatural mini series, which the name escapes me now. Also decent in mad max remake. 

Taboo.

Also Bronson, Inception and (dare I say it) The Dark Knight Rises are good performances too.

The guy has some decent acting chops rather than just being eye candy IMO.

• Like 1

On 04/02/2019 at 05:22, Soup said:

Green Book is very good. 

Can second this. Saw this on a whim the other day without having heard much about it. Easy watch, with a decent story and few good laughs along the way. Those two are a good couple of actors.

Edited by samlcfc
  • Like 1

Close on Netflix is a decent watch about a female security guard who has to protect a Millionairess 6/10

Unsane on Sky about a female who is involuntarily admitted to a mental institute,better than i thought it would be 7/10 

8 hours ago, Stadt said:

Watched Wayne's world for the first time, excellent.

One of my younger colleagues, a 19 year old lad, made me feel well old a few days ago when I made a reference to this film and he hadn't even heard of it.  Kids these days.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Tom Hardy is one of the better actors of his generation. Suggesting anything else is either stupidity or trolling. 

He's a bit hit and miss for me, the misses seem to be when he's doing accents, something never seems quite right.

Edited by Babylon

37 minutes ago, Babylon said:

He's a bit hit and miss for me, the misses seem to be when he's doing accents, something never seems quite right.

Leo is considered one of the best of his generation and gets critical acclaim left right and centre (fairly too) and the man still can't do an accent for shit. 

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Leo is considered one of the best of his generation and gets critical acclaim left right and centre (fairly too) and the man still can't do an accent for shit. 

Probably whey he tries to stick to the same one most of the time :D

All the recent talk about Tom Hardy got me thinking if i had missed any of his movies and woe and behold i found one from 2013 'Locke' i started to watch it and it has to be the biggest load of crap i think i have ever seen. The whole movie is him driving in his car and talking to various people on the phone! 

Not even going to go there with the Welsh accent. 

02/10... booooo

On ‎05‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 17:25, Finnegan said:

Everyone slates his accent for Blood Diamond but I quite enjoyed it (apparently it is shite though)

His Southern accent isnt too bad in the films he's used one in

On ‎07‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 14:59, Suzie the Fox said:

All the recent talk about Tom Hardy got me thinking if i had missed any of his movies and woe and behold i found one from 2013 'Locke' i started to watch it and it has to be the biggest load of crap i think i have ever seen. The whole movie is him driving in his car and talking to various people on the phone! 

Not even going to go there with the Welsh accent. 

02/10... booooo

Critics tell us these films are brilliant. They're wrong.

(I haven't seen Locke but even the title pisses me off).

• Like 1

On 05/02/2019 at 03:15, leicsmac said:

Taboo.

Also Bronson, Inception and (dare I say it) The Dark Knight Rises are good performances too.

The guy has some decent acting chops rather than just being eye candy IMO.

Peaky Blinders, which was tv, but still acting, excellent as Alfie Solomons. Also The Revenant.

I hate going to the cinema. It a place you go to to see a film you think you'll enjoy, only to have it spoilt by the Moorhead sat in front or behind or slightly to the side. (In many ways, much like watching City play).

Having enjoyed Split, I decided to go see Glass tonight. I have no idea if I like it or not because some knob kept laughing every time the Hedwig character was on and at other inappropriate moments (he seemed to find people being in peril or murdered hilarious). I kind of get why you might laugh at some of the Hedwig stuff, it's there for light relief, but at the same time, it's actually quite sinister.

Obviously not all there.

To add to that he and his girlfriend, who was little better, were sat in our seats when we arrived, though in fairness, they moved immediately.

When home cinema is so good, and the theatric cinema experience is so poor, why bother?

13 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

I hate going to the cinema. It a place you go to to see a film you think you'll enjoy, only to have it spoilt by the Moorhead sat in front or behind or slightly to the side. (In many ways, much like watching City play).

Having enjoyed Split, I decided to go see Glass tonight. I have no idea if I like it or not because some knob kept laughing every time the Hedwig character was on and at other inappropriate moments (he seemed to find people being in peril or murdered hilarious). I kind of get why you might laugh at some of the Hedwig stuff, it's there for light relief, but at the same time, it's actually quite sinister.

Obviously not all there.

To add to that he and his girlfriend, who was little better, were sat in our seats when we arrived, though in fairness, they moved immediately.

When home cinema is so good, and the theatric cinema experience is so poor, why bother?

Etcetera