Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

19 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Does best picture effectively mean best film?

Yes

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Yes

Nice one.

Not sure why Bohemian Rhapsody is in then either.

They're the only two i've seen and I didn't think either were that good. 

3 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Annoying how that poster doesn't line up the actors names with their characters.

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

Always annoyed me. 

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

Also annoying how the name Bruce Willis isn't central.

It's to do with the actors billing. Top billing name will be on the right or highest up, but the top billing actor will also be the most prominent in the picture, so usually central. Therefore they rarely line up.

• Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

It's to do with the actors billing. Top billing name will be on the right or highest up, but the top billing actor will also be the most prominent in the picture, so usually central. Therefore they rarely line up.

No I get that, I’m just annoyed by the actual spacing of the names. 

Would love to see Willem Dafoe win an Oscar.

Went to watch The Mule last night with Clint Eastwood still going at 88, it was one of those ‘easy watching’ kind of films, I’d recommend it.

Widows - American movie remake of the 80s tv series about 3 women who carry out a heist after their criminal husbands are killed, 7/10

Just watched Mortal Engines. What a great movie that was, loads of action 8/10. A definite must if you like Mad Max type apocalyptic films. 

Just watched Before I Go To Sleep. One of the dumbest films I've ever seen and I've seen Adam Sandler films.

Just dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb. Characters do stuff that make no sense but which contrive to create a completely nonsensical scenario which would never happen.

The basic premise, that the main character can't remember the previous day could be so easily controlled, but the "baddie" (don't know why I'm trying no to spoil this... it's not worth watching and you can't actually work out what's happening, as there's no logic to it at all) for some bizarre reason leaves pictures of her previous life lying around, when he has really, really good reason for her never to find these. The baddie also assumes a persona that he has no need to, because she can't remember who he is anyway and the assuming of this persona only makes life more difficult for him. Also she can't remember anything before she wakes up, yet she has no trouble navigating London, which is confusing for anyone unfamiliar with it.

But don't bother with that, just avoid.

Polar on Netflix. 

Getting a Smokin Aces meets Leon at John Wick's house vibe from it.  Enjoyable film.

16 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

Polar on Netflix. 

Getting a Smokin Aces meets Leon at John Wick's house vibe from it.  Enjoyable film.

Watched it last night, great film, didn't see the ending coming although there's references to it all through the film!

Just been to see Vice. Excellent performances by all. A definite liberal bias but extremely interesting and really increased my already pretty strong dislike of the Republicans. Cheney and his cohorts were truly a reprehensible bunch.

8/10

23 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Primer is a good film which will mess up your head. 

I like those kind of films. Jacob’s Ladder is my favourite head f***er.