Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Well, if you are not averse to classic B&W movies, along with Bogart there's the James Cagney movies, Laurel n Hardy, Basil Rathbones Sherlock Holmes, the four Miss Marple Margarette Rutherford movies and those old swash buckling classics starring Errol Flynn, which had some influence on the Goonies :D

Some are in colour too, AH ha have at it...

7 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Typical Vulverhampton fan ....    no bloody class !!   

I like old films in general. Orson Welles is always good. The Third Man for example is excellent. Also saw one of his last weekend called The Stranger, about a Nazi hiding out in a small US town the year after the war. That was only ok though. 

• Like 1

Think I need to go back and watch The Seven Samurai, really enjoyed it when I last watched it (many many moons ago)

On another note, my son (he is at that age) is always what the scariest film is I have ever seen is :rolleyes:

Slight struggle, but I tell him its is The Changeling (old) - has anyone ever seen it? And is my memory faulty? lol

17 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

On another note, my son (he is at that age) is always what the scariest film is I have ever seen is :rolleyes:

Slight struggle, but I tell him its is The Changeling (old) - has anyone ever seen it? And is my memory faulty? lol

I wouldn't be looking any further than this one. Brilliantly builds the mood and atmosphere so you know something's not quite right, but you're not quite sure what....

Not one to show a child, though. He'd have nightmares forever, even if he found the erotic scene with Julie Christie fascinating...:D

Edited by Alf Bentley
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

I wouldn't be looking any further than this one. Brilliantly builds the mood and atmosphere so you know something's not quite right, but you're not quite sure what....

Not one to show a child, though. He'd have nightmares forever, even if he found the erotic scene with Julie Christie fascinating...:D

That needed a lol and a :thumbup:

23 hours ago, Alf Bentley said:

when I was a kid,the ending to this genuinely disturbed me

1 hour ago, rico said:

when I was a kid,the ending to this genuinely disturbed me

Ssshhh! Don't mention the ending! :D

I agree, though. I must have been 16-18 when I first saw it and found it pretty shocking.

But it sets you up for that brilliantly. There's the emotional rollercoaster: times of hope, recovery & getting on with life, interspersed with flashbacks, flash-forwards, a sense that something's not right - odd visions of the child in red, people in black, plus the blind old woman who seems to have psychic powers, and odd incidents like the accident in the church. Then throw in the odd atmosphere of Venice, particularly streets deserted at night. Great film - and I'm not usually big on looking to be scared.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Alf Bentley said:

Ssshhh! Don't mention the ending! :D

I agree, though. I must have been 16-18 when I first saw it and found it pretty shocking.

But it sets you up for that brilliantly. There's the emotional rollercoaster: times of hope, recovery & getting on with life, interspersed with flashbacks, flash-forwards, a sense that something's not right - odd visions of the child in red, people in black, plus the blind old woman who seems to have psychic powers, and odd incidents like the accident in the church. Then throw in the odd atmosphere of Venice, particularly streets deserted at night. Great film - and I'm not usually big on looking to be scared.

Nicely summed up 👍🏻

Have i ever mentioned “heat” on here? If not, for the people who haven’t seen this, it has got to be one of the best films you’ll ever watch, world class acting, how an earth this didn’t win an Oscar 
 Easily goes in my top 5 list of greatest ever movies 

29 minutes ago, lestajigs said:

Have i ever mentioned “heat” on here? If not, for the people who haven’t seen this, it has got to be one of the best films you’ll ever watch, world class acting, how an earth this didn’t win an Oscar 

Only got round to watching this recently. It is bloody good, that's for sure.

On 01/05/2020 at 08:43, Suzie the Fox said:

Watched Dorian Gray last night, based on the book by Oscar Wilde. Quite enjoyed it, more so than expected and was quite true to the book, although it was many years ago i read it.

Sue, I think someone’s hacked into your account 😜

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, lestajigs said:

Class film. De Niro and Al Pacino only share one scene in the whole movie as well

7 hours ago, lestajigs said:

Good movie, slow paced but powerfully acted.

45 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Class film. De Niro and Al Pacino only share one scene in the whole movie as well

Apologies for the pedantry but it's 2 scenes :thumbup:

And it's an exceptional film, the bank robbery scene is absolutely breathtaking.

Edited by Tuna

4 minutes ago, Tuna said:

And it's an exceptional film, the bank robbery scene is absolutely breathtaking.

Not watched it in a while. Thought it was just the one. I know it's pretty far into the film before they meet

7 minutes ago, Tuna said:

How the sound editing and depicted usage for this scene isn't the standard for all other realistic scenes involving firearms I do not know.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Not watched it in a while. Thought it was just the one. I know it's pretty far into the film before they meet

Ending scene.