Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Regarding heat, anyone else think how the hell this was this filmed 25 years ago, so modern, massive praise for Michael mann, and also the sound deserves its own praise, pure class! 

who ever hasn’t seen this please please watch 

10 hours ago, lestajigs said:

Have i ever mentioned “heat” on here? If not, for the people who haven’t seen this, it has got to be one of the best films you’ll ever watch, world class acting, how an earth this didn’t win an Oscar 
 Easily goes in my top 5 list of greatest ever movies 

2 hours ago, Tuna said:

Apologies for the pedantry but it's 2 scenes :thumbup:

And it's an exceptional film, the bank robbery scene is absolutely breathtaking.

2 hours ago, leicsmac said:

How the sound editing and depicted usage for this scene isn't the standard for all other realistic scenes involving firearms I do not know.

The actors were given advice by an ex member of the SAS and this scene was shown to US Marine recruits on how to conduct an armed retreat ...    :thumbup:

4 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

The actors were given advice by an ex member of the SAS and this scene was shown to US Marine recruits on how to conduct an armed retreat ...    :thumbup:

Wow, they pulled out all the stops👍🏻

17 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Yeah, Mick Gould, I think. It shows, too. Excellent work.

Also, if we're talking Michael Mann movie gunplay, there's:

Script required Tom Cruise to do five shots in 1.6 seconds. After some training (again involving Gould), he did it in 1.39 - with technique that has been shown in concealed carry lessons.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, RobHawk said:

Ready player one on Amazon prime. Well worth a watch if not seen it. I loved it

Got it on Bluray, was a fun movie, loved the Shining part, Zemeckis cube and keeping an eye out for all the little things in the background.

I just tried to watch West Side Story on Netflix. I managed 15 mins before giving up. I tried FFWD to see if there was actually any dialogue and there is, but I can't be arsed with it now. The dancing instead of fighting and the finger clicking was beyond irritating. 

Yeah I suppose so. 

I like musicals but this one just irritated me. I mean, the very first full 5 mins of the film is just a static picture of some lines with background music. A full 5 mins sitting there wondering what the hell was going on. That's appalling. It had me in a bad mood from then on. And there isn't even any songs in the first 20 mins. It's supposed to be a musical! 

Edited by The Bear

Watched The Darkest Hour on BBC 1 on Saturday evening as part of the VE day coverage. Solid film great acting and mannerisms by Gary Oldman worthy of his Oscar win, a little bit lacking in character development and the cast seemed to lack chemistry in the more tense scenes. solid 7/10 for me

• Like 1

Got The Hunted for £3.70 on DVD, saw it once on late night TV in the 90s and loved it, nothing like the guy from Highlander, Christopher Lambert, being in between a feud between a Samurai and a secretive  Ninja group.

Just watched Pawn Sacrifice on BBC iPlayer. Thought it was very good.

Based on the true story of Bobby Fischer against top Soviet chess grandmasters in the world championships during the cold war. Ending with his world final against Boris Spassky in 1972.

• Like 1