Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

On 29/02/2020 at 23:05, urban.spaceman said:

Just watched Shimmer Lake.

Crime drama thriller about a small town Sheriff tracking down bank robbers after a heist gone wrong.

Sounds run of the mill.

But... it's told in reverse. Which helps pay off with the ending and some great gags, while still being a thriller.

Well worth your time.

Memento follows a similar format with a twist- it is worth a watch.  

• Like 1

Watched Sonic The Hedgehog last night. I used to be a child, but I'm not anymore - and I also don't have children - so usually I swerve family or animated films.

But I really enjoyed it. Partly because of the nostalgia factor, and my love for the Sonic games on the Mega Drive, but also Jim Carrey being on great, improvisational form. He clearly had a lot of fun with the role.

Easily the most I've LOL'd at a film in quite some time.

Edited by RoboFox

With Mrs CF out for the night I decided to watch UNFORGIVEN (with Clint Eastwood, Morgan Freeman, Gene Hackman and Richard Harris),  having seen it first a long time ago ...   absolute cracker and even better than I remembered it ! ...   probably in my top 5 westerns ..   could even be top !!      :thumbup:

Highly recommended.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

Just flicking through my movie streaming app and Contagion is the 10th most popular movie on the current list. Its the last movie I'd want to watch right now, might as well watch the news.

Wouldn't watch that etiher!

Also to avoid: 

Outbreak

28 Days Later

28 Weeks Later

The Stand (Still the best opening to a TV Series).

The Invisible Man 8/10,refreshing remake of a classic horror story

The Postcard Killings 6/10, predictable but watchable serial killer movie

The Lost Girls 7/10, true story about a mothers search for her daughter who may have been murdered by a serial killer 

On 15/03/2020 at 12:13, Facecloth said:

Just flicking through my movie streaming app and Contagion is the 10th most popular movie on the current list. Its the last movie I'd want to watch right now, might as well watch the news.

Thinking back to this, maybe people should watch this. Stick it on BBC 1 every night instead of or just after the PM's press conference. Might make people realise what could happen if they don't follow the social distancing advice.

Den Of Thieves on Netflix.

It's an overlong, badly acted rip off of Heat featuring dreary Gerard Butler and 50 Cent (who can't act).

Edited by Tuna

Guest seanfox778
33 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Anyone seen Knives Out? I hear its good and its available on demand now, so thinking about giving it a watch

I thought it was a really good film. Really enjoyable and keeps you guessing.