Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Watched Rocketman on my sisters recommendation. I'm not a fan of musicals, this was a musical rather than a film about music like Bohemian Rhapsody is. It was decent though, the song were cleverly placed in. There were some inaccuracies, or artistic licence if you want to call it that, but it was a bit more warts and all than Bohemian Rhapsody, which I felt glossed over some of Mercurys failings.

Edited by Facecloth
  • Like 1

Guest seanfox778

Watched Society the other day. Recommended if you fancy a bit of 80s B-movie horror. Some mad special effects which make a Cronenberg film look tame.

1101.png

3 minutes ago, seanfox778 said:

Watched Society the other day. Recommended if you fancy a bit of 80s B-movie horror. Some mad special effects which make a Cronenberg film look tame.

1101.png

Butthead 😂

Watched a DVD I've had for sometime but never watched, bought it and was left in a box, was a pretty decent war film based on a true story.

After watching a few more extras, videos etc., apparently they tried to make this movie historically accurate, even though some of it feels cliched, it was in the book or came from the advisors who were there.

Edited by ithuriel
  • Like 1

On 06/04/2020 at 15:40, ithuriel said:

Classic movie, in full, on YouTube, always loved this to bits even though it spawned a load of awful follow on movies and a decent enough series.

Yes absolutely love Highlander, the soundtrack is brilliant too.

1 hour ago, Nalis said:

Goodfellas was on tv last night, never known a film that makes you want to watch it every time its on when you've watched it countless times already.

The Fugitive is another I'd put in that category.

On 30/03/2020 at 10:32, seanfox778 said:

1101.png

Used to have this on DVD, one of those earlier ones with that more solid transparent case. Haven't seen or heard of this title for about two decades. :D

Underrated in terms of message the movie carries. Maybe one day there'll be a fitting remake.

9 hours ago, ealingfox said:

So Raiders was on BBC1 on Friday, Temple of Doom on yesterday, Last Crusade not on today but Kingdom of the Crystal Skull on tomorrow.

Have they bottled putting Last Crusade on because its Easter Sunday? lol

Edited versions anyway unfortunately.