Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

4 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

Ok the subject of horrors, but not shit ones....... I rewatched The Exorcist the other day for about the 8th time and I still think it’s probably the best film ever made. Sucks me in every time. X 

Exorcist III is a very under rated sequel

• Like 1

9 hours ago, The Bear said:

Get ta feck!! It's a great film. 

The Sharknado series fit the bill for this category. Not that I've seen any of them myself but people seem to like how shit they are. 

Bit of a stretch I would say, its a decent watch, but in a sort of guilty pleasure way, for me at least :dunno:

• Like 1

Guest MattP

@Alf Bentley Thanks for all the recommendations. 

Watched "The Treasure of the Sierra Madre" this morning and was arguably the best of the lot for me - the dialogue is incredible.

Edited by MattP

• 2 weeks later...
Guest seanfox778
36 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Anyone seen parasite? Know it did well at the oscars. 
I recommend whiplash with Jk Simmons great film. 

Definitely watch Parasite. 

On 20/05/2020 at 01:01, RumbleFox said:

Ok the subject of horrors, but not shit ones....... I rewatched The Exorcist the other day for about the 8th time and I still think it’s probably the best film ever made. Sucks me in every time. X 

Saw this on a double bill at the drive in with Friday the 13th... most terrifying night of my then young life

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

Saw this on a double bill at the drive in with Friday the 13th... most terrifying night of my then young life

It’s funny, the first time I saw it was on a geography field trip when I was about 16. There were about 30 of us watching it and everyone was kinda laughing at it and it didn’t seem scary at all. Two or three years later at uni it was on tv one night so I wanted it again, alone in my room, and fvcking shit myself. Since then have rewatched it lots of times and it’s just almost a perfect film. Mark Kermode always sites or as his favourite and I think I agree with him. X 

On 08/06/2020 at 17:12, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Green Book is well worth a watch its a quite heartwarming story based on real life characters directed by Peter Farrelly of the Farrelly brothers fame, it surprised me when I saw he’d directed it, I love Kingpin, There’s Something about Mary etc but this is something completely different.

Spike Lee didn't like it.

23 hours ago, winteriscoming said:

Anyone seen parasite? Know it did well at the oscars. 
I recommend whiplash with Jk Simmons great film. 

22 hours ago, goose2010 said:

Parasite is incredible definitely worth a watch. 

22 hours ago, seanfox778 said:

Definitely watch Parasite. 

And that’s a yes watch it from me too ! ...   :thumbup:

• Like 1

On 18/05/2020 at 14:49, RumbleFox said:

Films you know are a bit shit but like anyway?  

My offering........

Troy. X 

Alien v Predator. Any of them. Bad bad films but man do they draw me in. The thought of 2 of the most aggressive and insatiable galactic empires waging a shadow kinda war on earth. Love it. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

7500 - Brand new on Prime. An American co-pilot on a Berlin to Paris flight has to deal with an attempted hijacking. Very tense thriller that doesn't leave the cockpit. Joseph Gordon-Levitt. I enjoyed it.

The Laundromat - On Netflix. Basically about the Panama Papers scandal and how it affects innocent civilians. Meryl Streep, Gary Oldman, Antonio Banderas, David Schwimmer, Jeffrey Wright. Enjoyable.