Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Randomly flicking for something to watch and came across this old classic:

The Bounty (1984 version) with Anthony Hopkins and Mel Gibson

As an epic story that has always fascinated me - got me thinking this would be a great title for an epic Netflix style mini series!

• Like 1

Guest MattP

Watched Casablanca for the first ever time and was absolutely blown away, expected it to be good but even better than that. The scene where they strike up La Marseillaise is just stunning.

Hard to get my head around that being written actually during WW2 when it was still in the balance.

Just now, MattP said:

Watched Casablanca for the first ever time and was absolutely blown away, expected it to be good but even better than that. The scene where they strike up La Marseillaise is just stunning.

Hard to get my head around that being written actually during WW2 when it was still in the balance.

You'd never seen it before? wow.

Love a lot of black n white classics, a fair few have Bogart in too, like the Treasure of Sierra Madre :)

Guest MattP
3 minutes ago, ithuriel said:

You'd never seen it before? wow.

Love a lot of black n white classics, a fair few have Bogart in too, like the Treasure of Sierra Madre :)

I'll give that a go - I've watched him in Maltese Falcon and thought he was fantastic.

16 minutes ago, MattP said:

I'll give that a go - I've watched him in Maltese Falcon and thought he was fantastic.

I'd second Treasure of the Sierra Madre.

Also The Big Sleep and The African Queen, if you've not seen them.

• Like 1

I’ve barely watched any pre 70s films, not sure why I have an aversion to them because I’m sure I’d enjoy the likes of Rear Window, Casablanca, Lawrence of Arabia etc but I’m just not arsed 

8 hours ago, MattP said:

One of my favourite films ..  seen it so many times ..  the missus got me a special edition of it for Christmas ages ago ..  👍