Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

12 hours ago, everton carr said:

Personal problems for the 3rd year in a row

Odd. I mean things happen you need time but every year for half a season. I mean how do you get time off like that? For years now we seem to have at least one player not available through none cricketing reasons. 

As you say Abbas plays international cricket, plays all over the world a Visa should be easy enough.

Perhaps been given the nod for the world cup but can't say

Taylor and Klein forming a good partnership that is just about keeping us in it - a loss highly likely though.

When you look at the other matches going on, no one ships wickets like Leics do, other sides seem to manage the middle order much better. 

2 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Can't remember the last time we got beyond the group stage. Back in the days of Afridi?

It wasn't around in Afridi's time, that was the one-day league and the C & G Trophy which was knockout. I think this came in around 2007 and I don't remember getting through.

To be honest, I'm not hugely fussed by it, I want the team to be competitive and win the matches obviously but the Championship is most important, then the T20, I'd much prefer this to be a league format with promotion and relegation throughout the season.

Durham showing the benefit of recruiting a test level batsman as their overseas player. I know Abbas is a top quality bowler but we already seem well stocked for seam bowlers. Given our chronic lack of runs, would we have been better off recruiting a high class batsman as our overseas player?

24 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Durham showing the benefit of recruiting a test level batsman as their overseas player. I know Abbas is a top quality bowler but we already seem well stocked for seam bowlers. Given our chronic lack of runs, would we have been better off recruiting a high class batsman as our overseas player?

It has been painfully obvious that the batting was where we needed to strengthen in the summer.

Why are we the only county still waiting for our main overseas player to get his Visa confirmed. Absolute amateur hour down the county as usual. Unless the Visa story Is a cover up and we cant actually afford him. 

Said this before but Karl Brown was playing for Kent 2s surely worth a look? Azad should play can push the ball round at least and will be hard to shift. Levi is looking at a loan from Northants he and Cosgrove could have a shuffle off at tea time!

I mean surly we could look at someone. Horton and Dearden mustvbecthe most pathetic white ball opening partnership ever!

A real sad state of affairs at Grace Road, as a kid in the 80's I remember going down to watch players such as Gower, Willey, Roberts, Agnew, Taylor, Boon and then in the 90's players such as Maddy, Smith, Habib, Simmons, Benjamin, Ormond. Championship winners on two occasions and a decent if not great support. Over the years there has been a steady decline with the T20 offering a brief glimpse of something positive. I really don't know where the county go from here, they have tried to encourage new support but the fan base just does not seem to be there. Finances just don't seem to be there to attract players they so desperately need, at the moment they seem to have a mixture of average players at best with a mix of youth. Time and time again the senior players fail to step up on a regular basis and the one day cricket has turned into something of a joke. Really feel for Nico because his hands are tied and when the young players flourish thet are just poached by other counties, unfortunately I cannot see an end which is sad because i have had many good days and lots of memories, hopefully they can turn it around but they do need some financial support.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, adam said:

Why are we the only county still waiting for our main overseas player to get his Visa confirmed. Absolute amateur hour down the county as usual. Unless the Visa story Is a cover up and we cant actually afford him. 

He already signed a contact so don't think that's the case if he's not here for the Derby game on Wednesday I really will start to have doubts

9 hours ago, Cake said:

Said this before but Karl Brown was playing for Kent 2s surely worth a look? Azad should play can push the ball round at least and will be hard to shift. Levi is looking at a loan from Northants he and Cosgrove could have a shuffle off at tea time!

I mean surly we could look at someone. Horton and Dearden mustvbecthe most pathetic white ball opening partnership ever!

Javid was a white ball specalist for Warwickshi not even been getting in the squad not that he would make much difference

13 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Any overseas player would be nice