Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

7 hours ago, harpendenfox said:

Cosgrove clearly has great talent but as senior pro he sets a woeful example. How must it feel to a young pro who works hard all winter to see Cosgrove return still considerably overweight, and then see him try shots, repeatedly, that suggest he can’t be bothered to bat for more then 20 minutes or so?

He still has time to create a wonderful end to his career, if he can be bothered. I really hope he can 

Agreed. Id be embarrassed to show up at a club game that out of condition, im in my 50s 6ft 4 and 16 stone and im fat really, surprised Nicko puts up with it, maybe has no choice. Must be 18 stone and 5ft nothing!

Edited by Cake

Whilst I'm here, any county itk's on here who could possibly tell me if we're actively looking for any overseas players for t20? Because by god we'll need at least one batsman if we're to be even remotely competitive.

Edited by Walshy5

14 minutes ago, Walshy5 said:

Whilst I'm here, any county itk's on here who could possibly tell me if we're actively looking for any overseas players for t20? Because by god we'll need at least one batsman if we're to be even remotely competitive.

Can't see us signing anyone for the T20.Yet again Dexter and Abbas not even mentioned on the website would love to know what's going n

4 hours ago, everton carr said:

16 stone not that fat if your 6ft 4

Thanks! As you get older the belly just seems to get softer! And bigger. 

Your in the know, what has happened to Abbas I presume he's not coming now? 

3 hours ago, Walshy5 said:

Hope so. Yep we need some muscle in the top order don't we. Liked the look of Lilley though. Brief but looks a string hitter. 

11 hours ago, Cake said:

Thanks! As you get older the belly just seems to get softer! And bigger. 

Your in the know, what has happened to Abbas I presume he's not coming now? 

Regarding Abbas I'm sadly not in the know don't think anyone is from outside the club. The only thing I know is that Fangofox our number 1 Aussie fan spoke to Nico last week and was told that Abbas will be coming time will tell

• Like 1

Could be chasing 450+ at this rate, each of their batsmen pass 50. Bit like nets practice for them, cannot wait for the reply. We are just cannon fodder at the minute and cannot see how we are going to improve feel for Nico and what he has to work with.

4 minutes ago, Cake said:

Good start to the chase. Then a collapse of County proportions! 

Lost all momentum when Horton came in. Not a white ball player. 

Agree cannot see the point why not Hill, Lilley or Taylor, I know they didn't score big but scoreboard pressure had built once they come in. Looks like it's all we got though disappointingly, no sign of Abbas and no mention of a high profile T20 player when everyone else is adding to there squad, looks like the white ball is going to be frustrating non event sesson:(

4 hours ago, adam said:

Just been reading on Twitter. Abbas finally has a Visa! 

Sort of...

gimme gimme(man after midnight)

Sent out an ....S.O.S

He's confirmed ...I do,I do,I do 

We have been...waiting for you

now we need a Super trouper..

Hoping he knows...What's the name of the game

we need him to go On and on,and on

he said...Take a chance on me.!!

we know what it was like.....The day before you came

I hope we see...The winner takes it all.!!

Edited by fuchsntf