Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

17 hours ago, Corky said:

Middlesex have no chance of winning their match so we won't finish bottom, hopefully we can beat them at Northwood nezt week to end on a high.

We can take plenty of positives from this first-class season.

Possibly me being stupid, but given how tight the table is, is there not a scenario where we can still finish much higher up the table? Perhaps not second to qualify for division one but higher for sure?

Also yes, definitely positives to take, but worth remembering this isn't the end? If we finish 3rd or 4th we will be in div 2, below that it'll be div 3 for the last four games. 

Updated table has us 4th now so we would go into Div 2 for the final stage if we get a positive result in the last game. 

Middlesex currently having a bit of a nightmare looking like they might not draw their game which would pretty much shut off the top two places ahead of the last round. 

Be nice to try and finish 3rd though! Incredible really when you consider it's a mix of traditionally div 1 and 2 teams.

2 hours ago, AjcW said:

Possibly me being stupid, but given how tight the table is, is there not a scenario where we can still finish much higher up the table? Perhaps not second to qualify for division one but higher for sure?

Also yes, definitely positives to take, but worth remembering this isn't the end? If we finish 3rd or 4th we will be in div 2, below that it'll be div 3 for the last four games. 

I fully expected us to be in Division Three but given the rest of the section comprised four first division sides plus Middlesex with huge resources I think the expectation was that we would struggle in just about every match. We won't finish bottom and won as many as Surrey so far.

Not bowled that many but Rhodes T20 bowling stats are fantastic

Bowling
Format Mat Inns Balls Runs Wkts BBI BBM Ave Econ SR 4w 5w 10w
FC 28 21 869 631 6 2/83 2/83 105.16 4.35 144.80 0 0 0
List A 10 6 240 252 5 2/34 2/34 50.40 6.30 48.00 0 0 0
T20 20 11 114 164 10 4/13 4/13 16.39 8.63 11.40 1 0 0

44 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Not bowled that many but Rhodes T20 bowling stats are fantastic

Bowling
Format Mat Inns Balls Runs Wkts BBI BBM Ave Econ SR 4w 5w 10w
FC 28 21 869 631 6 2/83 2/83 105.16 4.35 144.80 0 0 0
List A 10 6 240 252 5 2/34 2/34 50.40 6.30 48.00 0 0 0
T20 20 11 114 164 10 4/13 4/13 16.39 8.63 11.40 1 0 0

Give him another 3 year contract

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Well the 100 is flogging tickets left, right and centre as freebies 

Colour me shocked. Saw one offering up to six per person!

Plus, the Test grounds are still sending out marketing emails about it. Sure that wasn't going to be allowed so the counties and franchises weren't blurred?

9 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Well the 100 is flogging tickets left, right and centre as freebies 

It'll be a disaster. Well, I hope so.

10,000 kids from.Grantham and Newark forced in to trent bridge on freebies, bemused, bored senseless and trying to sit still..Best of luck with that. 

26 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Hope it rains for every game 

We lose either way if it's successful the ECB and the big counties will look to get rid of the smaller clubs if it's a disaster the ECB will lose millions and the money that we receive every year that we need to survive will be massively reduced

3 hours ago, CrawlingFox said:

Great figures for Davis. If he stays fit he's looking the most likely to offer Wright some assistance going forwards.

It’s a shame that he wasn’t utilised more in the Blast ahead of Mike and Griffiths…

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CrawlingFox said:

Great figures for Davis. If he stays fit he's looking the most likely to offer Wright some assistance going forwards.

Yep. Sakande looked pretty good also. Bit of pace and Bounce. Not spectacular figures but I think he can improve. I liked the look of him. 

• Like 1

Given away a couple of wickets far too cheaply there. Hopefully Barnes is in the mood again.

The local lads have been disappointing in this first innings. They were all out for a cumulative 19 runs :mellow: