Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Madeleine McCann

16 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Despite all the conspiracies, this does seem like a very plausible explanation and can hopefully give the family some much needed closure.

Judging from reports of the guy in question being a serial burglar, I'd be guessing that he broke in, was startled by MM and ended up killing her either purposely or by mistake, then disposed of her body at sea. It would also explain the reports of the time of a man carrying a child. 

It's insane that it's taken so much money and time to find an answer to this but I get the feeling that we're finally there. 

My thoughts too.

irrespective of the mistake by the parents, for someone to deliberately go and abduct a child is utterly deplorable. 

The parents must feel guilt every single day, that I wouldn’t wish on anyone. I hope they are getting near to finding some peace.

• Like 2

German suspect; regularly living in the Algarve, previous record of sexual assaults against young girls, committing thefts in hotels

German police consider him "to be a suspect in the murder of McCann"

Edited by stripeyfox

As someone who has worked / dealt with systems where kids have gone missing and been groomed by gangs, it is heartbreaking to see but then I heard the figure that £12 million had been spent on this case - roughly a million a year. Am I heartless for thinking it's just disproportionate when we're getting reports now that county lines gangs have stepped up recruitment of young girls who are vulnerable due to lockdown?

Apparently the German suspect had spent time in Pria De Luz over the years until the disappearance, and that he also changed his number plates the day after Madeleine went missing.

Edited by Wymsey

Guest Markyblue

They made a mistake in my opinion but they have paid the most terrible price for it and my heart goes out to them.

4 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Just heard the extract on the radio. "Charged with murder". 

Doesn't a body have to be discovered to charge somebody with murder? Or after a certain amount of time do they just presume death? 

Even a confession could be a hoax, which does happen 

Edited by foxfanazer

5 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Doesn't a body have to be discovered to charge somebody with murder? Or after a certain amount of time do they just presume death? 

Not sure. I know they got the bloke for the White House Farm murders despite the face that bodies had already been cremated (albeit that was years ago).

Also not sure how long they give it before they presume people dead. There are plenty of people missing, I doubt they're all considered dead.

Edited by Fox92

9 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

No, you don't have to have a body. There have been numerous occasions where someone has been sentenced for murder without a body, although it is harder to prove.

Guest Markyblue
38 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

There's making a mistake and then there's plain neglect. I feel sorry for anyone who loses a child as I couldn't imagine the pain but I just don't understand in what world they thought what they were doing was ok

Their grief will be all the greater for knowing they were wrong and thats a terrible punishment for  any parents.

The interesting thing about this development (to me anyway) is that the information relating to the phone call must have been in the possession of the investigators for quite some time.  In the UK, mobile operators have to keep phone records for 12 months.  I believe there was an EU directive in 2006 compelling companies to keep it for between 6-24 months.  If that's the case then the phone records that are being mentioned now must have been with investigators since 2009 at the latest. Have they been gathering dust for 11 years?

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Not sure. I know they got the bloke for the White House Farm murders despite the face that bodies had already been cremated (albeit that was years ago).

Also not sure how long they give it before they presume people dead. There are plenty of people missing, I doubt they're all considered dead.

You can get a presumption of death certificate after 7 years in the UK. 

My mother-in-law obtain one for my father-in-law (who I never met) a couple of years ago; he's been a missing person since 2010. As an aside, a Sun newspaper journalist was hanging around the courts to get some sort of story and low and behold there was a little column the next day about it in their printed paper which was littered with lies and embellishment. He was an average bloke who went missing on a cruise ship, but apparently that's in the public interest!   

7 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

But why has it took over 13 years to investigate this suspect, despite his reported child abuse history in the past?

He probably has been under some investigation for years, but they may have been unable to find anything significant to publicise it. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, CollinsLCFC said:

He probably has been under some investigation for years, but they may have been unable to find anything significant to publicise it. 

Unlikely.  If there was a sniff of him being responsible, they might have looked at him for a few months, but they'd want to arrest him to ask him questions about it and give themselves a fighting chance at checking his story out. 

55 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

But why has it took over 13 years to investigate this suspect, despite his reported child abuse history in the past?

Info about the suspect and his history here: https://news.sky.com/story/madeleine-mccann-christian-b-is-a-suspect-what-we-know-about-jailed-german-12000267

Seems a German drinking mate reported him to police only about 3 years ago, after he'd confessed/boasted that he was involved & had showed the bloke footage of him raping an elderly woman in the Algarve a couple of years before the Madeleine disappearance - the offence for which he's now in prison. He also had history for child sex abuse in Germany. It sounds as if he left his property in the Algarve before Madeleine disappeared but has now been shown to have been back in the area at the time.

It also sounds as if the police have a lot of circumstantial evidence but nothing concrete - including nothing from his car. 

Hence why they're going public, trying to identify the person he was speaking to, from Praia da Luz, on the night of the disappearance, and possibly trying to identify the movements of either vehicle (Jag or camper van). :dunno:

Edited by Alf Bentley
  • Thanks 1