Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

11 minutes ago, spacemunky said:

Paid til the end of March. Is that decent? Lol.

Its not bad i suppose. When i was let go from a job in after almost 3 years i was given 8 weeks plus 1  or 2 weeks for each year of service. It ended up being around 12 or 13 weeks of pay which was great except ei wont pay you for that. So lets say you got 10k payout,  ei will assume your 10k counts as if they are paying you. So if ei weekly payment is $400 they will determine that 10000/400= 25 weeks they wont pay you. So in the 26th week you'd start to get ei. The goal is you will find a job by then but its a bit unfair  as you've paid into ei all these years and get fook all. But to each their own.

7 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

Its not bad i suppose. When i was let go from a job in after almost 3 years i was given 8 weeks plus 1  or 2 weeks for each year of service. It ended up being around 12 or 13 weeks of pay which was great except ei wont pay you for that. So lets say you got 10k payout,  ei will assume your 10k counts as if they are paying you. So if ei weekly payment is $400 they will determine that 10000/400= 25 weeks they wont pay you. So in the 26th week you'd start to get ei. The goal is you will find a job by then but its a bit unfair  as you've paid into ei all these years and get fook all. But to each their own.

I'm 48 years old with no actual skills so I'm not worried.

7 hours ago, spacemunky said:

After 19 years working at my job I was fired today.

When I read fired I think forced out, sacked etc. I'm assuming this is redundancy? It's still a shame but fired to me implies you be done something wrong and they've sent you packing.

7 hours ago, Facecloth said:

When I read fired I think forced out, sacked etc. I'm assuming this is redundancy? It's still a shame but fired to me implies you be done something wrong and they've sent you packing.

Yeah, it wasn't on good terms. I blew up on a co-worker and used some not nice language towards her. There's a story behind that. I might post it in the depression thread some time.

1 hour ago, spacemunky said:

Yeah, it wasn't on good terms. I blew up on a co-worker and used some not nice language towards her. There's a story behind that. I might post it in the depression thread some time.

They probably still have to go through an appropriate disciplinary process.  If they haven't they might owe you more, and if this was a one off event, getting a bit sweary may not have been gross misconduct.  I would talk to a lawyer. 

Edited by Jon the Hat

9 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

They still have to go through an appropriate disciplinary process.  If they haven't they might owe you more, and if this was a one off event, getting a bit sweary may not have been gross misconduct.  I would suggest you at least talk to the Citizens advise bureau.  In the meantime, don't sign any agreements with work.  

You’ll normally be entitled to statutory redundancy pay if you’re an employee and you’ve been working for your current employer for 2 years or more.

You’ll get:

• half a week’s pay for each full year you were under 22
  • one week’s pay for each full year you were 22 or older, but under 41
  • one and half week’s pay for each full year you were 41 or older

Length of service is capped at 20 years.

If you were made redundant on or after 6 April 2017, your weekly pay is capped at £489 and the maximum statutory redundancy pay you can get is £14,670. If you were made redundant before 6 April 2017, these amounts will be lower.

See here: https://www.gov.uk/redundant-your-rights/redundancy-pay 

Have you noted that he lives in Canada, Jon?

1 hour ago, Jon the Hat said:

hahahaha no.  Might be time for another coffee.  

Edited :)

Still appreciated.

Right now the money thing isn't really bugging me. I'm fortunate that I have a fair amount saved and I own my home.

Mostly just the day being long and the depression are what I'm focused on at the moment lol

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

Was having a play fight this evening with Mrs Col cos she kept on calling me 'a cvnt'

lol

I was lying on top of her when she laffed her head off and the dirty cow did a loud, resounding fart all over me!

I guess that's love for you...

:o

#stunned ...    :o

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Was having a play fight this evening with Mrs Col cos she kept on calling me 'a cvnt'

lol

I was lying on top of her when she laffed her head off and the dirty cow did a loud, resounding fart all over me!

I'm really not sure what to say to that Col apart from I'm glad she didn't follow through? :dunno:

16 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

lol

You was turned on, admit it.

On 17/02/2018 at 16:20, Merging Cultures said:

My daughter just sang "check a trade, check a trade dot com". Clearly I listen to Talksport in the car too much!! lol

Pretty much my youngest ones first words...

...must be the catchy tune. 

Could be worse, I listen to some quite sweary music in the car :D

On the plus side, my 10 year old made me extraordinarily happy when he managed to sing along to Velociraptor word for word on the long trip back from a game recently!!