Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

2 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

Public service announcement:  Don't eat ice cream in bed.  Or if you do don't leave the half-eaten open tub sitting next to you while you 'rest your eyes'.  Thank Jesus for mattress protectors. lol 

Nah I think you need to thank incontinent old people for those.

Decided I need to keep the fitness up ...   easily done my 10,000 steps (and the rest!) with a couple of long dog walks ...   then an hour on the bike ...   then 45 mins in the home made gym.    Boloxed !!    Quick shower ..  now it’s beer o’clock !!! ...     :thumbup:

7364D979-F740-41EA-8E90-FCE1B23520B5.jpeg

• Like 4

Washed my own car ('09 plate Jag x-type) for the first time in I can't remember how long.

Proper washed it then t-cut, wax, bumper shine, alloy/trim polish, the works.

Then did the inside too and it's spotless. 

It's 11 years old now and worth about £1500 and I was going to chip it in this year but might hold on until it's a classic now :D

Edited by Izzy

Wheelchair - wandering,and hike with my wife...(8km) occasionally getting up and walking,or free- rolling down those hills..:sweating:

Around streams,Farm  fields,hills,and rolling Vine-hills....

We are lucky, We live in a village,with farm/vinzer paths and  province-cycle routes Crossing each other...In 2hrs,come across Maybe 80 odd people,either

Cycling,Wandering,or on horse...!!    Normally in spring One could expect to cross 500-600 souls paths,many would Stop with their Children for a long  picnic....

We only met a couple of small families,taking a Quick Drink break,or snack....but well Off the beaten-track....

IMG_20200405_151249675.jpg

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 3

Went to switch the winter tires on my CRV to my all season rims and one of the plastic hub rings on the all season rims is broken and auto places are closed today so that was that.

Then went to switch my civic snow tires over and the lock nut feckin broke off and i can't get it off. Again, stores are closed so attempting any macgyver remedies (thanks YouTube) without the proper tools won't happen and so fail number two today. Apparently, I'm not meant to change the snow tires yet. Someone is telling me something!

So, washed both cars instead as it was a decent 12 celsius out.  We still have some light flurries (over here) in the upcoming forecast so not yet ready to detail the inside for a few more weeks. 

Kids are on point today with being cvnts though. Fun times!

Spent my morning finally getting round to hanging a signed Yorkshire shirt I won on the sit down bingo after Ryan Sidebottom’s benefit match. Couldn’t justify paying a ton to get it done professionally so gave it a go myself. Pretty easy if you just follow the instructions. Some bits slightly on the piss but I can go and correct those. Think Jonny Bairstow is the highest profile sig on there, obviously Sidebottom and I think Tom Kholer-Cadmore was there that night too, as well as a few of the other Yorkshire players. 

Both Sido and his Dad Arnie who played for Man United were top blokes. 

E5421E48-76E9-49B1-9542-76E2B7980849.jpeg

Edited by Manini
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Manini said:

Spent my morning finally getting round to hanging a signed Yorkshire shirt I won on the sit down bingo after Ryan Sidebottom’s benefit match. Couldn’t justify paying a ton to get it done professionally so gave it a go myself. Pretty easy if you just follow the instructions. Some bits slightly on the piss but I can go and correct those. Think Jonny Bairstow is the highest profile sig on there, obviously Sidebottom and I think Tom Khloer-Cadmore was there that night too, as well as a few of the other Yorkshire players. 

Both Sido and his Dad Arnie who played for Man United were top blokes. 

E5421E48-76E9-49B1-9542-76E2B7980849.jpeg

That looks really good...got a few signed darts shirts i need to frame,but like you don't want to spend £100 to do it professionally.Where did you get the frame?

13 minutes ago, PAULCFC said:

That looks really good...got a few signed darts shirts i need to frame,but like you don't want to spend £100 to do it professionally.Where did you get the frame?

I got it from these guys mate - https://www.vivarti.co.uk/product/adult-sports-shirt-display-frame/

They do loads of different styles so if you want to put cards in the bottom to say who they belong to etc. As I said relatively simple once you work out where all the different layers need to be and you have a read of the instructions. They also have a video on their website that gives you an idea of how it’s all done. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

had a bbq and loads of beers and got sunburnt. kinda like not being in isolation. 

I worked from home and still managed to get sunburnt, took the laptop outside. The bbq is on now and I've sunk plenty of wine, I'm loving the whole isolation thing 

57 minutes ago, The Syrup said:

Another large fire in Melton, looks like the recycling place that caught fire a few days ago has gone up again

20200408_195821.jpg

Can see it from I am, on the border of Queniborough and Syston.

3 hours ago, Manini said:

I got it from these guys mate - https://www.vivarti.co.uk/product/adult-sports-shirt-display-frame/

They do loads of different styles so if you want to put cards in the bottom to say who they belong to etc. As I said relatively simple once you work out where all the different layers need to be and you have a read of the instructions. They also have a video on their website that gives you an idea of how it’s all done. 

Cheers for that mate,just ordered one to put a signed Peter Wright shirt in,watched the video and it seems fairly straight forward.I'd been looking at sending it away to be done,but couldn't find anything under £100.:thumbup: