Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

6 hours ago, Izzy said:

First time in I can’t remember how long that we won’t be going to church on Easter Sunday.

Feels very odd and quite sad really.

Us too. We've tried to do other things today, I haven't been able to go out to get Easter eggs nor our traditional roast lamb so we'll have a proper celebration when we can, but for today we're just trying to be thankful, and I've made a chocolate cake to replace the eggs 🎂 I guess I'm just trying to think of it as different, and count our blessings a bit differently this year 🙏 

• Like 2

Played poker with my mates via Zoom and Poker Stars tonight. Just 2 x tournament tables, £6 or so buy in, knock out and winner takes all between 6 of us. Haven’t played in bloody ages so took me a while to get my mind switched back on to it all but I really enjoyed it - won the first table and was knocked out first on the second which quickly reminded me why I stopped playing lol 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Manini said:

Played poker with my mates via Zoom and Poker Stars tonight. Just 2 x tournament tables, £6 or so buy in, knock out and winner takes all between 6 of us. Haven’t played in bloody ages so took me a while to get my mind switched back on to it all but I really enjoyed it - won the first table and was knocked out first on the second which quickly reminded me why I stopped playing lol 

Planning to do this with some mates on Friday evening on the PPPoker App. Never done it before but looking forward to it.

Younger sister has been seeing a guy for about 6 months. He’s not a nice person but as a supportive family everyone welcomed him. She found out this week that he’d been seeing somebody else for the whole relationship. It has later transpired that in fact my sister is the other woman and he’d been in a relationship with this other woman a lot longer. It’s quite ballsy, although I’m terrified for her as she doesn’t seem like she wants to walk away despite his despicable behaviour. 

23 hours ago, Lionator said:

Younger sister has been seeing a guy for about 6 months. He’s not a nice person but as a supportive family everyone welcomed him. She found out this week that he’d been seeing somebody else for the whole relationship. It has later transpired that in fact my sister is the other woman and he’d been in a relationship with this other woman a lot longer. It’s quite ballsy, although I’m terrified for her as she doesn’t seem like she wants to walk away despite his despicable behaviour. 

and your older sister didn’t tell your younger sister? That’s a bit shitty!

19 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

and your older sister didn’t tell your younger sister? That’s a bit shitty!

I think you may be confused. His sister is the other woman and who he thought was the “other woman” is just another woman that he’s been in a relationship with for longer but who isn’t another sister 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike Oxlong said:

I think you may be confused. His sister is the other woman and who he thought was the “other woman” is just another woman that he’s been in a relationship with for longer but who isn’t another sister 👍

So who’s the sister of the other woman if this woman’s older sister isn’t the other woman’s sister’s  other sister ..    it must have been confusing for him with all these sisters involved ...   when he turned up at the house which one knew who he was taking out that night ...    :frantics:

• Like 1

On 08/04/2020 at 19:59, The Syrup said:

Another large fire in Melton, looks like the recycling place that caught fire a few days ago has gone up again

20200408_195821.jpg

Don`t be daft mate, no panic , just means we`ve got a new 

On 08/04/2020 at 19:59, The Syrup said:

Another large fire in Melton, looks like the recycling place that caught fire a few days ago has gone up again

20200408_195821.jpg

No mate , don`t be daft, no need to Panic, it just means Melton has got a new Pope.

• Like 2

Havent shaved in like 3 years. Keep a nicely trimmed beard not too long not too short. Decided to shave the fuker off today seeing as im working from home and nobody at work will see.  So weird to see a clean shaven face and feel my face lol. Its liberating. But, i prefer the beard look which i also find liberating.  

Thats the extent of my wild life in these covid times.

• Haha 1

I’ve got a couple of pretty shit situations that have emerged.

The first one is I got a message from a friend to say they have kicked their other half out, one of my best mates, asking me to make sure they were ok etc. He’s gone back to his parents but how on other than messaging and video calls etc there obviously isn’t much I can do to make sure he is ok and I don’t get the impression he will fully open up to me through them methods.

The second one, someone I work with is clearly an alcoholic and has recently had his wife and kids leave him so he’s living on his own. This lockdown has clearly had him spiralling out of control and everyday on conference calls he is clearly steaming.

I’ve got in touch with him to tell him if he needs to chat to get in touch and he’s admitted “he’s struggling” but won’t say anything more. I’m not his boss but know his boss does known the situation, he clearly needs suspending for being drunk at work but that’s going to be counter productive but saying nothing isn’t going to do anything either.

What are you meant to do in situations like this?

Spent some time researching my paternal grandfather. He was born 152 years ago this week. Had my dad when he was 66 and was nearly 70 when my auntie was born, the rascal. Top surgeon, published books and studies on Ear, Nose & Throat stuff. His obituary was in The Times and British Medical Journal. Was a captain in World War 1. Loads more stuff, interesting to me and the family if nobody else.

Does feel odd having a grandparent born as far back as 1868.

• Like 3

Lock down and furlough is proper getting to me man. I just found myself down a YouTube wormhole watching videos of England cricket fans in Australia singing Jerusalem at the start of the days play and I started welling up lol 

We have the best sports fans in the world in this country, whether it’s footy, cricket, rugby, ****ing netball, it makes me dead proud. 

On 15/04/2020 at 16:43, Suzie the Fox said:

I think I found that 2 stone you lost. :ph34r:

Nahh your ok, I've got your back..!!   You only found 1 stone,it just seems heavier..I 'v found the other, well quite a few Rolling about....!!

• Haha 1

On 15/04/2020 at 19:58, Gordon the Great said:

Don`t be daft mate, no panic , just means we`ve got a new 

No mate , don`t be daft, no need to Panic, it just means Melton has got a new Pope.

Auch I see..!!!   Melton Pope pies...:banana:

Edited by fuchsntf

A non-English speaker in one of my whatsapp groups just asked us what "slut" means and somebody got really upset at this and went off on a full-on rant about it being a sexist, oppressive term used only to degrade women and take away their right to choose their sexuality, concluding that we should never use it because sexism.  The reason the question was being asked is because the person had been sent a facebook video of a fat, middle aged man with a vacuum jar on each of his breasts, a tattoo below his neck declaring him a cuck, and the word "SLUT" tattooed in giant letters across his stomach. I'm crying lol 

• Haha 2