Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

10 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

Had my phone and wallet nicked whilst out in a night out in Derby (don’t ask) on Saturday night. Lost 4 cards and my driving license. Definitely not getting the phone back which is going to cost me a bit to replace and they’ve spent £500 on my credit card. It’s an absolute ballache trying to sort things with your bank when you have no phone and all of your bank statements are online so you can’t log in as you either need a card reader to log in (obviously I’ve got no cards) and no phone number to receive verification codes. I failed security over the phone a couple of times as I was purely guessing the answers to questions such as “what was the last transaction amount?” etc. All sorted now hopefully with Nationwide investigating the transaction which they may refund. Makes you realise how fvcked you are without a phone and cards. 

I dropped my phone in a bog pissed up in Barcelona on Saturday night. Before it went too broke I transferred my boarding pass to the fiancée (got engaged on Mt Tibadabo on Friday- if you know, you know) as we were flying home next day- plus a wedge of ££ in case of any emergency. Fortunately my phone started to charge again and function properly by Sunday evening

I hate that we’re so reliant on them, but we are. To the point now where I tell my missus that all you need for a trip abroad is your passport and phone. Anything else can be sorted via using your phone 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tom27111 said:

In London, just got off the tube and needed to rush to make my connecting train.

Escalator was rammed, thought I'd take the stairs.

Immediately regretted it, but no turning back.

Easily the longest staircase in the world. That station must be deeper than the Mariana Trench.

Can't breathe, legs have turned to jelly, typing this and trying to style it out. Don't think it's working. There's a railway worker looking at me, concerned and standing next to the defibrillator. 

People only take the Covent Garden stairs once...

1 hour ago, tom27111 said:

In London, just got off the tube and needed to rush to make my connecting train.

Escalator was rammed, thought I'd take the stairs.

Immediately regretted it, but no turning back.

Easily the longest staircase in the world. That station must be deeper than the Mariana Trench.

Can't breathe, legs have turned to jelly, typing this and trying to style it out. Don't think it's working. There's a railway worker looking at me, concerned and standing next to the defibrillator. 

Good job you’ve stopped smoking or you might not have made it :unsure:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

IMG_3749.thumb.jpeg.adce3f7ca6ce12a99757678188a04a44.jpeg

Got some funny looks when I went door knocking round the village last night in my halloween gear 

Surely Trick or Meat would work better?

Yours implies that your dick isn't a treat, which, surely isn't the message you want to convey? 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Full lockdown in the Channel Islands tomorrow, storm ciaran expected to bring 95mph winds. Forgot how annoying lockdown is. This is a proper one so you can’t even nip to the co op for a chocolate bar, as everything is expected to be closed all day. 

Wow, crazy night! A tornado hit, debris everywhere. It is always windy here so when the weirdo locals who usually wear shorts started actually panicking about this storm, I did think this must be serious. Standing on the balcony watching the full force of nature smashing up everything overnight was frightening/awe-inspiring. Top speed of 102mph! 

• Like 1

Going through it had at the moment lots of bad luck. Girlfriend dumping me, new job being a nightmare, financial issues briefly though on the mend. Im just hit a point im fed up, you can't accept the occasional bit of misfortune, but feel like its non stop and now im not sure how or if things will turn round.

What a day. Northampton to Aberdeen and back again.

Home to delivery, then collection to home was exactly 960 miles.

Over a hundred miles more than Lands End to John O'Groats.

Almost as much as London to Warsaw.

I'd be impressed if anyone in the UK has driven further today lol

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

I hope they're paying you properly. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Christ on a stick thats far. How long did that take you 16 hours? Lol

On 06/11/2023 at 17:21, FoyleFox said:

Quite like my last 12, although my accommodation is sailing along. 

Although, we're currently in Somalia pirate territory so that may change :surrender:

Pleased to report no issues fom the pirates, the military guards have departed and I'm now somewhere in the Indian Ocean, still with a plentiful supply of beer.

• Like 2