Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

21 minutes ago, Milo said:

Not good

waiting over 5 hours for AA to recover me and my car back home. 

They’ve cancelled pick ups twice, without telling me. I only found out when I called them both times after the scheduled pick up time. 

I do wonder why people pay a premium for AA/RAC when we all seem to receive the same shit service

8 minutes ago, Daggers said:

I do wonder why people pay a premium for AA/RAC when we all seem to receive the same shit service

I've gone with Green Flag before reading reviews.

They're shitter than shit. Apparently.

Green Flag Reviews - Read 200 Genuine Customer Reviews | greenflag.com

Not going to renew after it expires.

Edited by Parafox

5 minutes ago, Daggers said:

I’ve just told them I’m booking my own recovery and will bill them. 

5 and half hours after reporting the breakdown they are still trying to ‘locate a resource’ 

Just been told someone will be with me at 9. 

(but I was told someone would be with me at 3.30, 5.00, 6.35 and 8.05…so my hopes aren’t high).

Twats 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Parafox said:

I've gone with Green Flag before reading reviews.

They're shitter than shit. Apparently.

Green Flag Reviews - Read 200 Genuine Customer Reviews | greenflag.com

Not going to renew after it expires.

1 minute ago, Milo said:

5 and half hours after reporting the breakdown they are still trying to ‘locate a resource’ 

(but I was told someone would be with me at 3.30, 5.00, 6.35 and 8.05…so my hopes aren’t high).

Twats 

I’ve been a member of all of them at various points in time - and experienced that level of recovery with the RAC, Green Flag and Start. I just assume that if I need it in the future I need to find myself somewhere warm to wait for 12-24 hours

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Milo said:

Twats 

That's not good. Surely there's something in the T+Cs that say they should get to you within a certain amount of time. 

I had a shit day at work yesterday. 

Then we found a piece of metal about the length of a 5p piece in our HelloFresh meal, which luckily didn't shatter my other half's teeth, for which they've offered to compensate us the price of that week's delivery... £23.00

And today I've woken up with not one, but two parking tickets through my letter box. 

Some good fortune coming my way soon, right?

Edited by RoboFox
  • Sad 1

Left home at 2.30 am to be in Edinburgh for 8.30. 

Then drove to Doncaster and got a train to Leeds to pick up another car to go home in.

The place was closed. I was there at 3.30pm and their website said open till 6pm.

Stranded. Nothing else to get me home.

Not happy at all. 

Currently on a train. But they're all fvcked up and running late. Now missed 2 connections and won't be home until about 11pm.

Ah well, at least I stocked up on beer before boarding at Leeds Central.

8 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Left home at 2.30 am to be in Edinburgh for 8.30. 

Then drove to Doncaster and got a train to Leeds to pick up another car to go home in.

The place was closed. I was there at 3.30pm and their website said open till 6pm.

Stranded. Nothing else to get me home.

Not happy at all. 

Currently on a train. But they're all fvcked up and running late. Now missed 2 connections and won't be home until about 11pm.

Ah well, at least I stocked up on beer before boarding at Leeds Central.

:cry: :fc:

In equal measure.

Do these car delivery companies still have drivers standing at motorway entry slip roads with a trade plate and a cardboard sign asking for a hitch?

Just now, Parafox said:

:cry: :fc:

In equal measure.

Do these car delivery companies still have drivers standing at motorway entry slip roads with a trade plate and a cardboard sign asking for a hitch?

Not anymore.

Its all company credit cards on your phone now.

There are some sites that are notoriously difficult to get to by public transport, such as Bruntingthorpe, but the company will usually stretch to a taxi.

I've chatted to some drivers who will get their plates out if they've got a horrible journey, just on the off chance someone will offer them a lift and a better way of getting to where they need to be.

• Thanks 1

Just got on the train to Northampton from Milton Keynes.

Thankfully my Mrs can pick me up.

But I'm so pissed off with work and how today has turned out. 

I should've been home before 6.

First anniversary of my father in law passing away and the family all got together to remember him and I've missed it.

Not nice.

• Sad 2

Today has been shit for us and it's really only our own problem but I  just need to unload so I am posting here.

As some here will already know we have an adopted daughter who has MH issues. 

Today we had 37 voicemails and at least 50 texts saying she was going to trash her flat, kick the neighbour's doors in, sleep rough then take her own life.

I called an ambulance and the police (we can't go near her when she's like this). We can only assume they attended but no further action was taken as we heard nothing back but she continued the abuse by text and VM's. Presumably the ambulance crew decided she had capacity to refuse treatment or transport to A&E. We don't know if the police attended.

I attempted to involve the "crisis" team as we were seriously concerned about her mental state. I got through to the central point of access (not the ACTUAL crisis team. I expected this, having done similar calls in my job) and, as expected, they took the details, the concerns we had and logged them on our daughter's file notes and said the "relevant team" would get in touch with her if "THEY FELT IT WAS APPROPRIATE TO DO SO"!!.

We all know the MH care is the least considered of all health services. 

Unless you're in the midst of it or have direct experience of the workings, few people understand how awful and tragic and how many deaths or injuries are a result of this severe neglect of those so vulnerable.

It's unforgivable. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 9

4 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Today has been shit for us and it's really only our own problem but I  just need to unload so I am posting here.

Today we had 37 voicemails and at least 50 texts saying she was going to trash her flat, kick the neighbour's doors in, sleep rough then take her own life.

I called an ambulance and the police (we can't go near her when she's like this). We can only assume they attended but no further action was taken as we heard nothing back but she continued the abuse by text and VM's. Presumably the ambulance crew decided she had capacity to refuse treatment or transport to A&E. We don't know if the police attended.

I attempted to involve the "crisis" team as we were seriously concerned about her mental state. I got through to the central point of access (not the ACTUAL crisis team. I expected this, having done similar calls in my job) and, as expected, they took the details, the concerns we had and logged them on our daughter's file notes and said the "relevant team" would get in touch with her if "THEY FELT IT WAS APPROPRIATE TO DO SO"!!.

Unless you're in the midst of it or have direct experience of the workings, few people understand how awful and tragic and how many deaths or injuries are a result of this severe neglect of those so vulnerable.

It's unforgivable. 

Hope you're OK mate.

With the experience you have, both personally and professionally, you'd be amazing at coming up with ideas to make this process better.

That'd be too simple though.

Stay strong :thumbup:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 19/11/2023 at 03:44, Parafox said:

It's unforgivable. 

Heartbreaking and so unimaginably stressful.

Really hope you all got the help you need. 😐

Good luck 

On 19/11/2023 at 03:44, Parafox said:

It's unforgivable.

I think the hardest bit is realising you cannot help, and probably make things worse when you try to.  Its so hard to step back from those you love.

Been to the Reunion Islands for 2 days, which are stunning. They are also miles from anywhere in the Indian Ocean. 

Tour guide asked what part of the UK I'm from. I replied Leicester. 

His response "Ahhh Champions. Jamie Vardy ".

It'll never get old that response :scarf:

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

Been to the Reunion Islands for 2 days, which are stunning. They are also miles from anywhere in the Indian Ocean. 

Me neither, and I'm not even from there. Started lying late 2015. 

1 hour ago, FoyleFox said:

I travel a lot, but have never had it ☹️

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

Ive had it in one form or another all over, though I do prompt it sometimes..Last month I asked a Malaysian taxi driver who was well into his football which player he most associated with us. Vardy was the instant reply. 

Well, it wasn't going to be Kermorgant, was it?

Although it could've been for entirely different reasons. lol

1 hour ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

I travel a lot, but have never had it ☹️

Travel a lot where though. Never had it in Europe. Get it in the states, Asia and South America every time. Including most of the time, unprompted, at the border when they see my place of birth 

Edited by grobyfox1990
Typo
  • Like 1