Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

45 minutes ago, Beliall said:

And it can get in the bin. I wont be renewing my licence when it expires provided the info i found to avoid it is correct

And what's that info? You can't watch any BBC programmes, even on catch up, without a license now. Can watch Netflix and Amazon prime without one, but not live tv or iplayer.

30 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

And what's that info? You can't watch any BBC programmes, even on catch up, without a license now. Can watch Netflix and Amazon prime without one, but not live tv or iplayer.

From what I read so far, I need to send a form in stating I don't require a licence, then just disconnect the Ariel cable and tape them up. I don't watch the BBC or live TV at all. But I'm still a little foggy on the details. I hear that even owning a screen or monitor requires a licence. 

Edited by Beliall

• 2 weeks later...

When people say 'drop' me an email or 'drop' me a text.

Drop it where? From a great height?

Stupid phrase that's crept it's way into our day to day language somehow...

Just now, Izzy Muzzett said:

you just "posted" in a "thread"

1 hour ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

its

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, bovril said:

Tell me about it. Even worse abroad, they're bloody everywhere. 

The landlord of the Kings Head is from Cannock with the West Midland accent. The other week when City played West Brom he was standing outside and some WB fans went to come in. He said 'Surray lads Lesta fans onely' Brummie dialect)

They thought he was taking the micky. :)

2 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Just because you can't do it doesn't mean others aren't allowed to.

But I can! And just to let you know, I'm very fluent in gibberish! 

Plus, i have a secret talent to teach a language in just few seconds and I'm ready to teach people here.

Are you ready? Ok!

Grab a word. Let's say "tradition"

Pronounce the "tion" as "si-on"

Congratulations, you can now speak French!

1 hour ago, the fox said:

Plus, i have a secret talent to teach a language in just few seconds and I'm ready to teach people here.

Are you ready? Ok!

Merci mais chuis deja a l'aise avec mes competences Francaise.  K ca broie tes engrenages.  ;) 

26 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Merci mais chuis deja a l'aise avec mes competences Francaise.  K ca broie tes engrenages.  ;) 

Is chuis some kinda slang for je suis lol . I just know a bit of French and can't write most words to save my life, mdr

Edited by the fox

3 hours ago, the fox said:

Are you ready? Ok!

Highly risky, French is designed to catch you out with that, as seen here lol

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, orangecity23 said:

Highly risky, French is designed to catch you out with that, as seen here lol

Just spent 20 minutes watching that guys videos as I'd never seen one before, they're great lol

2 hours ago, los dedos said:

Transfer talk:Rudkin jokes he may be

at fault for all our transfer dealing i don't know but it's getting tedious already. 

lol blame weller54.

Edited by Tuna
  • Like 1

One of my housemates does this thing where he'll send a pic of some food he's found in the fridge and send it to the house WhatsApp convoy asking if it's anybody's because he 'thinks it might be his' then when someone replies 5 minutes later to confirm it's theirs he'll say 'oh sorry I already ate it I thought it was mine'. Sure you did. :rolleyes:

He doesn't do it with my food because he's a bit of a pussy who's somehow afraid of me I guess because I'm the only other dude in the house so basically he steals food from girls the wet blanket.

2 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

One of my housemates does this thing where he'll send a pic of some food he's found in the fridge and send it to the house WhatsApp convoy asking if it's anybody's because he 'thinks it might be his' then when someone replies 5 minutes later to confirm it's theirs he'll say 'oh sorry I already ate it I thought it was mine'. Sure you did. :rolleyes:

He doesn't do it with my food because he's a bit of a pussy who's somehow afraid of me I guess because I'm the only other dude in the house so basically he steals food from girls the wet blanket.

sounds like he's just inept with women....

4 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

Maybe you should wet his blanket