Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

5 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

We have new next door neighbours. A really nice couple used to live there (from Romania), the guy is a stock broker or something and does quite well for himself. They recently moved to Manchester and the guy's sister had moved in with her partner and 3 kids. They don't seem to work as they are at home all day and don't seem to speak much English.

They are keeping a lot of belongings in our shared corridor and the utilities cupboard opposite their door where our electrical metre is located. Whilst irritating and probably illegal this was not a big issue for us, but now they have put a large bench press right by our front door. The male resident fully works out on the bench press by our front door every morning, causing a strong odour of sweat to saturate the small shared corridor and our hallway. It is also very noisy and we can hear him working out throughout the entire flat.

He has not stopped doing this despite voicing our objections at how ridiculous it is to have someone weight lifting outside of your front door in an apartment building.

I've complained to management who asked me to send photos. Am I crazy for having such an issue with this? The picture is taken from my front door opening.

20170705_092226.jpg

You must have been shaking in a fit of rage when taking that photo.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

We have new next door neighbours. A really nice couple used to live there (from Romania), the guy is a stock broker or something and does quite well for himself. They recently moved to Manchester and the guy's sister had moved in with her partner and 3 kids. They don't seem to work as they are at home all day and don't seem to speak much English.

They are keeping a lot of belongings in our shared corridor and the utilities cupboard opposite their door where our electrical metre is located. Whilst irritating and probably illegal this was not a big issue for us, but now they have put a large bench press right by our front door. The male resident fully works out on the bench press by our front door every morning, causing a strong odour of sweat to saturate the small shared corridor and our hallway. It is also very noisy and we can hear him working out throughout the entire flat. I was trying to sleep the other morning whilst on nights and I can just hear him grunting ffs.

He has not stopped doing this despite voicing our objections at how ridiculous it is to have someone weight lifting outside of your front door in an apartment building. He just says "it's just morning it's just morning".

I've complained to management who asked me to send photos. Am I crazy for having such an issue with this? The picture is taken from my front door opening.

20170705_092226.jpg

Bang out of order ...   tell him to shift it or you will.    Tosser.

Or could easily get stolen ...   :ph34r:

I just don't understand. On what planet do you put a bench press in the small shared corridor of an apartment building and ****ing lift outside of your neighbour's door?? Maybe in Romania it wouldn't be a big deal?

lol i'm fuming.

54 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

I just don't understand. On what planet do you put a bench press in the small shared corridor of an apartment building and ****ing lift outside of your neighbour's door?? Maybe in Romania it wouldn't be a big deal?

lol i'm fuming.

From the pics, I take it you live in a flat and you have a management agency looking after the flats? If so, report it to them. As Buce said, its a fire hazard for a start so you can use that line. They'll prioritise it if you say that rather than any other line.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nalis said:

From the pics, I take it you live in a flat and you have a management agency looking after the flats? If so, report it to them. As Buce said, its a fire hazard for a start so you can use that line. They'll prioritise it if you say that rather than any other line.

Yeah done that they asked for pictures, I sent them my blurriest work.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Beliall said:

stick the bench on gumtree (use better pictures) give the address and tell any prospective buyers they are welcome to come and try it and make  sensible offer

Yeah that's the idea.

If it were me, I'd chuck it out the front door and call the local scrap man.

Would love to see mister sweaty pits face when his pride and joy disappears round the corner on the back of a ford flatbed alongside unwanted fridge freezers.

The Go Outdoors adverts in general are fvcking awful but the latest one with the kid singing makes me want to curbstomp the little melt

The lyrics must have been written in less time than the advert runs for, and it must have been done in one take cause he sings "get down to the beach" completely out of tune. Who commissions this bullshit? Fire them. Go and vandalise your local Go Outdoors shop. Take a shit in a display tent.

Mentioned before but receiving utter rubbish like this via email...

(If I was able to report it, I could,  but can't; get these types of messages about twice a week):-

My wife and I won the Euro Millions Lottery of £53 Million British Pounds and we have voluntarily decided to donate €1,000,000.00 (One Million EURO) to 5 individuals randomly as part of our own charity project.

To verify our lottery winnings, please see our interview by visiting the web page below:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/11511467/Lincolnshire-couple-win-53m-on-EuroMillions.html

After a computer spinball,your email address was among the 5 random emails which were submitted to us by the Google, Inc as a web user; if you have received our email, kindly send us the below details so that we can transfer your €1,000,000.00 (One Million EURO) in your name or direct our offshore paying bank to effect the transfer of the funds to your designated bank account in your own country.

Full Names:
Mobile No:

Send your response to: (email removed)

Best Regards,
Richard & Angela Maxwell

Edited by Wymeswold fox

6 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Mentioned before but receiving utter rubbish like this via email...

(If I was able to report it, I could,  but can't; get these types of messages about twice a week):-

My wife and I won the Euro Millions Lottery of £53 Million British Pounds and we have voluntarily decided to donate €1,000,000.00 (One Million EURO) to 5 individuals randomly as part of our own charity project.

To verify our lottery winnings, please see our interview by visiting the web page below:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/11511467/Lincolnshire-couple-win-53m-on-EuroMillions.html

After a computer spinball,your email address was among the 5 random emails which were submitted to us by the Google, Inc as a web user; if you have received our email, kindly send us the below details so that we can transfer your €1,000,000.00 (One Million EURO) in your name or direct our offshore paying bank to effect the transfer of the funds to your designated bank account in your own country.

Full Names:
Mobile No:

Send your response to: (email removed)

Best Regards,
Richard & Angela Maxwell

Just block the sender or mark it as spam? Your email account should surely have the function to send stuff straight in to junkmail or have some kind of spam filter?

28 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Sort of thing wrong uns say.

I remember as a 12/13 year old being at a urinal... might have been at Filbert Street... and I let out a good one, and said "better out than in", everyone in the bogs cracked up.

I am a good un... it's just funny!!

The BBC Sport Scores and Fixtures page for each team. Originally it was a page linking to all matches played in the past calendar year from the current date and all fixtures for the next season. For some reason they've decided to make it monthly in a horrible layout and some of the individual months don't even load. Why the need to change a simple and effective set-up?

• Like 1