Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

5 minutes ago, Buce said:

I’d be up for it. 

And if we came across a geographically challenged camelid, we’d know it was the right coffee shop. 

And if a bloke with a lightweight backpack emerged from Thetford Forest, entered the coffee shop and handed the barista his own water filter, we'd know you'd arrived...

We now know that @Carl the Llama is blond and has a beard so I'd be looking for someone like this:

image.jpeg.f27ece87c5164081be8ca8493c5d68e1.jpeg

Edited by Alf Bentley
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Can we stand outside Costa beforehand and chant 'you're shit and you know you are'?

I now have this image of Carl and his staff squaring up to the local Starbucks crew.

I'd like to think they resolve this with street countdown. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

lolTbh it could be jokes. As @cambridgefox rightly pointed out the other day there's plenty good pubs nearby too. I'm not sure if any of them have screens though, only one I know for sure has some is a fairly average gaff called the Earl of Derby... 

Grain & Hop Store (ex Avery I think) is a bit of a pseudo craft-beer place but has some decent enough beers and shows the football. 

Earl of Derby is shite. 

Edited by bovril
  • Like 2

We could probably all write a book about partisan politics on Twitter, but specifically those who get so hypocritical over local election results.

Their party does well in a local election, vote count ticks up, swing to them and they're giving it the big'un, waving their metaphorical willies at how THE PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN.

Their party does badly in a local election, vote count down, swing away from them and they're on the defensive. Local politics isn't representative, look at the turnout, still years from an election, THE PEOPLE WILL CHANGE THEIR MINDS.

I do find it slightly funny, the gall and lack of self awareness, but mainly quite annoying as this is what we have to deal with.

2 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

lolTbh it could be jokes. As @cambridgefox rightly pointed out the other day there's plenty good pubs nearby too. I'm not sure if any of them have screens though, only one I know for sure has some is a fairly average gaff called the Earl of Derby... 

1 hour ago, bovril said:

Grain & Hop Store (ex Avery I think) is a bit of a pseudo craft-beer place but has some decent enough beers and shows the football. 

Earl of Derby is shite. 

Up for that too.

if I’m in town it’s Grain & Hop store.

Think me and my lad were the only ones watching last time.

it Was Stoke and a lunchtime KO tbf.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, bovril said:

Bloody air conditioning. I think the people at my work place have become somehow immune to it these weeks and now it's not even hot anymore they keep it on full blast so it's like a fridge. Worst invention ever. 

1. It's still hot. It might not be Mediterranean hot but its still hot. 

2. Aircon arguments grind my gears. Its a brilliant invention, people are just too stupid to use it properly. 90% of office arguments about aircon (which let's be honest are in 90% of offices) are because of morons. 

Just set the thing to room temperature and forget about it. The idiots that set it to like 16 degrees because they're hot and they think that's how it works need smacking. 

It's trying to sustain a normal room temperature, it's never going to achieve 16 degrees so it's always going to blow out freezing cold air. If you've got a decent aircon unit (I accept the old ones that sound like tractor engines and stink are terrible) and you switch it on first thing in the morning set to room temperature, you shouldn't even know its on. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

2. Aircon arguments grind my gears. Its a brilliant invention, people are just too stupid to use it properly. 90% of office arguments about aircon (which let's be honest are in 90% of offices) are because of morons. 

Just set the thing to room temperature and forget about it. The idiots that set it to like 16 degrees because they're hot and they think that's how it works need smacking. 

It's trying to sustain a normal room temperature, it's never going to achieve 16 degrees so it's always going to blow out freezing cold air. If you've got a decent aircon unit (I accept the old ones that sound like tractor engines and stink are terrible) and you switch it on first thing in the morning set to room temperature, you shouldn't even know its on. 

I’m sure I heard of a case where some idiot in a jaguar, tried to sue them as he got frostbite on his feet.

kept it on full blast.

what did he expect.

7 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

yeah alright

9 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

our’s only comes out of certain parts of the office, though. if you’re lucky/unlucky enough to sit by a wall and the air con is on, the air blowing out those vents is genuinely ice cold, so any seats along that strip you need a coat even in the past month or so. 

if you sit in the middle of the office you barely feel any difference, it’s still roasting. 

so half the office want the air con on more and half the office want the heating on. nice. 

2 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

our’s only comes out of certain parts of the office, though. if you’re lucky/unlucky enough to sit by a wall and the air con is on, the air blowing out those vents is genuinely ice cold, so any seats along that strip you need a coat even in the past month or so. 

if you sit in the middle of the office you barely feel any difference, it’s still roasting. 

so half the office want the air con on more and half the office want the heating on. nice. 

Aye that's a shit unit. 

We've got one of the afore-mentioned tractor engine jobs on the walk, it's shocking. 

My old office had a few very modern units on the ceiling. Was lovely. 

1 minute ago, Stadt said:

You're all two stamps short of a coffee

I remember when it was two cans short of a six pack.

Bloody fancy coffee taking over our sayings...

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I remember when it was two cans short of a six pack.

Bloody fancy coffee taking over our sayings...

Careful, you'll get Manwell Pablo and me back on the subject of American culture taking over. There was about 3 pages of it the last time. I'm sure no one wants a repeat of that

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

Careful, you'll get Manwell Pablo and me back on the subject of American culture taking over. There was about 3 pages of it the last time. I'm sure no one wants a repeat of that

Good point.

'A sandwich short of a picnic' would be a much more British insult :thumbup:

• Like 1

Guest seanfox778
1 hour ago, Max Wall said:

Literally no one wants that, man!