Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

On 13/07/2018 at 22:20, ScouseFox said:

this episode of 8 out of 10 cats i’ve just stumbled on after love island. all women? women just ain’t funny, it’s fu cking bad enough having a token woman who isn’t funny let alone 7 of them. i’m out. 

On 13/07/2018 at 22:39, MattP said:

Get used to it, this is the new normal now. 

On 14/07/2018 at 10:05, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

I gave it 10 minutes as Katherine Ryan is normally funny. I didn't laugh once.

On 14/07/2018 at 10:31, ScouseFox said:

nah there was literally nothing funny about the 2 minutes i watched 

Yeah I found it crap. 

Katherine Ryan wasn't the right host for it. 

That Morgana Robinson parading as Sonia off eastenders was annoying. 

I don't enjoy it. Not cos it was all female, but cos the comedy itself was shite. 

Usually don't mind Katherine Ryan or Sara Pascoe. Nothing screamed hilarious from it though which there usually is about the programme. 

All this stuff about about the French football team being mostly of African origin proving that immigration is amazing and people should never criticise it... there’s a bulletproof wall around the Eiffell Tower as a response to terrorist attacks. 

43 minutes ago, DanNDH88 said:

All this stuff about about the French football team being mostly of African origin proving that immigration is amazing and people should never criticise it... there’s a bulletproof wall around the Eiffell Tower as a response to terrorist attacks. 

who said it should never be criticised?? 

Maybe they're just saying that even though you're an immigrant, you can be successful :unsure:?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, StanSP said:

who said it should never be criticised?? 

Maybe they're just saying that even though you're an immigrant, you can be successful :unsure:?

It was ‘to all who voted brexit, le pen or trump’ like everyone who voted for those somehow think Africans are useless or something 

On 16/07/2018 at 13:53, StanSP said:

Yeah I found it crap. 

Katherine Ryan wasn't the right host for it. 

That Morgana Robinson parading as Sonia off eastenders was annoying. 

I don't enjoy it. Not cos it was all female, but cos the comedy itself was shite. 

Usually don't mind Katherine Ryan or Sara Pascoe. Nothing screamed hilarious from it though which there usually is about the programme. 

Anything with Kathrine Ryan or Sara Pascoe on it gets turned off.Both seriously unfunny comedians,who owe so much to brexit as they wouldn’t have had

anything to be unfunny about these last two years.

Most comedians that talk about their gender, sexuality or race are usually unfunny. Aisling Bea is funny because she typically doesn't talk about being a woman whereas Katherine Ryan's material is basically "I have a vagina hahahaha". Similarly, Nish Kumar had the arse the other day because some drunk England fans thought he was Romesh Ranganathan but the punch line to most of his jokes are "I'm brown".

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Stadt said:

Most comedians that talk about their gender, sexuality or race are usually unfunny. Aisling Bea is funny because she typically doesn't talk about being a woman whereas Katherine Ryan's material is basically "I have a vagina hahahaha". Similarly, Nish Kumar had the arse the other day because some drunk England fans thought he was Romesh Ranganathan but the punch line to most of his jokes are "I'm brown".

Yeah not got much time for identitarian comedy.  When your approach to comedy is to rely on routines where you can dismiss any criticism as an ism or phobia then you should realise you're not that funny a person.  Chris Rock did it quite well mostly, but there aren't many other examples.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Ranganathan does a lot of that kind of humour but gets away with it because he's actually funny, has good delivery and his material has substance. Lots of his stuff is about his Sri Lankan heritage and his race. Paul Choudhury talked a lot about his upbringing too and was quite decent but his act became a bit repetitive. Nish Kumar is painful though, annoying voice, delivery, jokes. Desperate to come across smarter than he actually is. 

Mock the Week is a bugger for having some crap comedians on recently, for every Acaster or Gamble there's some bugger you've never heard of who thinks that jokes about Kim Kardashians arse or Brexit will haven people howling.

Yes mock the week has nose dived recently,two unfunny unknowns per episode lately.I quite like Josh widdicombe if that’s his name,he’s actually got a decent sense of humour.The big teeth lads funny aswell.

2 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Ranganathan does a lot of that kind of humour but gets away with it because he's actually funny, has good delivery and his material has substance. Lots of his stuff is about his Sri Lankan heritage and his race. Paul Choudhury talked a lot about his upbringing too and was quite decent but his act became a bit repetitive. Nish Kumar is painful though, annoying voice, delivery, jokes. Desperate to come across smarter than he actually is. 

What makes Romesh decent in my eyes is that whilst he'll bring up his South Asian heritage and upbringing, it's in a away that's accessible regardless of ethnicity. There's no political grandstanding, he's a 'British guy with South Asian heritage' so whenever he talks about his upbringing and identity he can portray it in a way that anyone British could sympathise with to an extent.  

Nish Kumar is the exact opposite, I'm not sure the guy could tell a joke that wasn't virtue signalling to some extent. I managed 5 minutes of the Daily Mash before I had to turn over.

Frankie Boyle seems on a long road of appeasement after years of potentially triggering black comedy. His New World Order show seemed to stem from watching the Daily Mash and wondering how he could make something even more social justice conscious with as few jokes as possible in between. 

1 hour ago, Heathrow fox said:

Yes mock the week has nose dived recently,two unfunny unknowns per episode lately.I quite like Josh widdicombe if that’s his name,he’s actually got a decent sense of humour.The big teeth lads funny aswell.

I genuinely haven't watched Mock the Week for years. It always came across as so forced and like others have mentioned, too many unknowns who really weren't funny. Like HIGNFY, some guests would make minimal contribution with a bit of canned laughter. It felt worse on MtW because when they did the 'jump in on the mic' style comedy they'd really be shown up for how utterly turgid they are.

If you like Widdicombe I'd recommend his 90's football podcast, which is insanely good. His humour (along with his co-presenters) on their is just brilliant.

Mock the Week is fvcking awful, no matter who's on it. That little bald guy is a twat, Dara O'Bese is a twat and most of the show is people shouting over each other or queuing up to say (what's the least likely thing you'd hear a teacher say?)

"I've got genital warts!"

"I'm on the register!"

Hilarious. There's also that bit that says "What does FOG stand for?"

"Flabby old git!"

"Fancy old gayboy!"

"Fanny on gynaecologist!"

Get in the bin.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Mock the Week is fvcking awful, no matter who's on it. That little bald guy is a twat, Dara O'Bese is a twat and most of the show is people shouting over each other or queuing up to say (what's the least likely thing you'd hear a teacher say?)

"I've got genital warts!"

"I'm on the register!"

Hilarious. There's also that bit that says "What does FOG stand for?"

"Flabby old git!"

"Fancy old gayboy!"

"Fanny on gynaecologist!"

Get in the bin.

Dara O'Bese :crylaugh:

Hugh Dennis is the only redeeming feature on Mock the Week, he’s genuinely witty and doesn’t resort to low hanging political jokes like most of the nobodies on there. Andy Parsons has the charisma of a scratching post but postures like he’s delivering the zenith of comedy with every single line he says.