Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

7 minutes ago, Tuna said:

I go to my letterbox this morning and postie has kindly left me a pizza hut menu, a farmfoods flyer and a sales flyer for The Range. That's it, no real mail.

They're effectively fly tipping. Why should I waste my time picking it up from the box and chucking it in the wheelie bin?

Who else is gonna do it? But, yeah, I'm with you this one.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Must have been said several times on this thread before but seeing parents smoking in front of their babies/young children really grinds my gears. 

My nextdoor neighbor was out in her garden chain-smoking all through her last pregnancy. Should be a punishable offence

HMRC.

Yes, I have owned these personal items to bring back to the UK for over twelve months. Oddly enough, I've paid import duty on some of them before when bringing them back from overseas previously.

So why, on this green Earth, are you charging me import duty again?

Something that annoys me almost as much as fake news is non news. The BBC are ****ers for it but they're not alone at all. 

Some classic examples in the space of a two minute scan over the BBC news front page:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-44951324

An ambulance driver getting a ticket for parking up for a drink. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-44950860

Demi Lovato's sobriety 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-44951720

A beans advert pulled for being misleading. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-44952480

Literally anything at all to do with Kylie Jenner

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-44951793

A missing budgie is found by a pet cat. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cornwall-44950570

A badger cub is saved.

All day every day just this constant churn out of complete shit posing as news, who needs to know any of that? The stuff about the paramedic especially annoys me because at least the fluffy animal stories are just meant to make you happy after reading about forest fires and political scandals but the paramedic story, what's the point? To illicit hate for traffic wardens, as if they don't get enough? It's an unskilled job, are you expecting every traffic warden to be a genius with exemplary Common sense? 

Just **** off and report on something meaningful or don't report on anything at all. If you can't Google some copy from somewhere in the world to write a three paragraph article on for the BBC then you really are a waste of a media degree, **** off back to McDonald's. 

4 hours ago, Max Wall said:

Edit - and why were you buying a garden hose connector? It hasn't rained for 3 aeons. Selfish sod lol

Wife's got an allotment, exempt from hosepipe bans and her connector snapped, if that's alright with you :P

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Tuna said:

I go to my letterbox this morning and postie has kindly left me a pizza hut menu, a farmfoods flyer and a sales flyer for The Range. That's it, no real mail.

They're effectively fly tipping. Why should I waste my time picking it up from the box and chucking it in the wheelie bin?

I imagine posties are pretty fed up with lugging around all the extra promo material that they know nobody actually wants. I guess Royal Mail are contracted to deliver this crap so it's hardly the posties fault.

2 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Contestants on The Chase that take the negative money offer to get back for the final chase. Numpties.

Sometimes, and only sometimes, it's the wise thing to do.

If you've got 70,000 in the bank already, the last person taking negative money in the sum of let's say £2000 would only reduce it to £68000. But their knowledge could see them through to getting that final amount anyway. It's one more to add to the beginning of the final chase too.

However, I get as frustrated as you if someone does take a minus offer when the total is already low enough, and it's not mathematically logical to take a lower offer.

10 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

The worst advert since the world cup ended is that ****ing McDonald's one for that chicken wrap.

OOOO WOH EFF MAYBAY
OOOOOOO WOH EFF MAYBOAYYYY

What's especially weird about it is that, as far as I can tell, the premise is McDonald's pimping out their female staff. The selling point isn't the food, the selling point is "hot girls work in McDonald's, come in and sexualise them."

Its ****ing weird. Teenage boys don't need any more encouragement to find everything a sex object. 

9 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

What's especially weird about it is that, as far as I can tell, the premise is McDonald's pimping out their female staff. The selling point isn't the food, the selling point is "hot girls work in McDonald's, come in and sexualise them."

Its ****ing weird. Teenage boys don't need any more encouragement to find everything a sex object. 

They did it before with a wrap advert. All I really got from this advert is how little goes into making the wrap you've just paid about £3 for.

13 hours ago, Facecloth said:

They did it before with a wrap advert. All I really got from this advert is how little goes into making the wrap you've just paid about £3 for.

That face says he’s going to go straight home and crack off into his wrap.

Edited by Mike Oxlong

7 hours ago, Facecloth said:

The main thing I took from this advert is that the dirty bastards don't wear gloves. Her hands could of been anywhere, let alone some of the actual states that work in the kitchens there.

• Like 1

Logan Paul being a 'star'.

Has said too many controversial comments/done odd things publicly and on YouTube and not sure what the hype is about him - just seems like a deranged individual with a sick kind.