Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

On 16/07/2020 at 08:00, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Appreciate it's not quite the same thing, but I worked with someone who always owned having been ill before someone - it was really strange, as if they were proud of it.

"You're coming down with a cold? It'll be the same one I had." 

In isolation or from the outside looking in, not that annoying - but once it's been noticed it drives you insane when it happens again and again.

It's because of these sort of people baseball bats were invented

11 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

The weird trend of people posting the Wetherspoons they're at and their table number to get free stuff sent to them by random people. It's properly weird

People in there can be odd anyway you notice? After the cheap close to out of date beer, tastes like shite to me. Did you ever see mickey flanegan on his stand up mention it? He said some mornings I wake up feeling like sh1t I look in the bathroom mirror and look like sh1t too, then I go down to locoal wetherspoons, look around and think you know what mate I'm allright. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

The weird trend of people posting the Wetherspoons they're at and their table number to get free stuff sent to them by random people. It's properly weird

I thought this only worked if you were very popular on social media, or a very attractive female on social media with men falling over themselves to impress?

Oh, or if you're asking for drinks "for the bantz" and don't mind having a glass of milk, coffee, hooch and a side of onion rings sent to your table hahahah how we laugh.

Personally I wouldn't use the word weird, I'd use desperate, attention seeking, wanting something for nothing.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

I thought this only worked if you were very popular on social media, or a very attractive female on social media with men falling over themselves to impress?

Oh, or if you're asking for drinks "for the bantz" and don't mind having a glass of milk, coffee, hooch and a side of onion rings sent to your table hahahah how we laugh.

Personally I wouldn't use the word weird, I'd use desperate, attention seeking, wanting something for nothing.

I've seen it crop up a fair bit on just average people's instagram/Facebook etc lately again and it's reignited my hatred of it.

I was being polite, but your descriptions are pretty spot on. It's a weird version of begging and properly pisses me off. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Why can't you stand? 

Don't get me wrong, everyone makes noise when they chew but it's those that don't close their mouth when chewing and you can hear it from across a room. This includes slurping loudly when eating a soup for example. No idea why it gets to me but it does. 😂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, shailen said:

Don't get me wrong, everyone makes noise when they chew but it's those that don't close their mouth when chewing and you can hear it from across a room. This includes slurping loudly when eating a soup for example. No idea why it gets to me but it does. 😂

Nah you said you can't stand. Was wondering why :ph34r:

• Haha 1

On 17/07/2020 at 08:26, Nick said:

And “listen.”

I spoke with a fella the other day - just me and him standing in the street taking it in turns to exchange views. He told me listen at least four times when I wasn’t speaking and before he said anything. I had to expIain what might happen in a really friendly way what it might look like if I wasn’t listening and what may happen if he instructed me a fifth time.

“Listen” is so annoying, somebody started a post with “listen” on a thread on here and I pointed out I was listening but could not hear a thing due to it being the written word.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, shailen said:

Me too. A lad at work eats his bag of crisps really slowly so every crunch is accentuated and tortuously lingering. I call him "Captain Slow Crunch". 

And another lad smacks his lips and roof of his mouth really loudly when he eats anything, making a hideous noise everyone in the room can hear.

9 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Not going to the Spoons so all his staff are unemployed, that'll show them!

They're better off not working for him tbh. And those that continue to work for such an arsehole of a boss are either desperate or have no morals.