Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

10 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Tell you what really ****s me off - the fact that everything has to have a 'celebrity' version. 

Gogglebox - absolutely ****ing gormless and offensive TV as a standard - was about watching the reaction of people to television. Why do we now have to have a celebrity version? What do they add?

Countdown - the celebration of little Britain intellectuals. Great fun. Tea time filler and something that celebrates the nerds and dorks. Why the **** do celebrities have to get involved in that? What do they add? 

I could go on but it's annoying me. Anything the general public are involved in soon becomes the reserve of the celebrity and I can't work out where the demands is to see June SarPong struggle her way through some mental arithmetic. 

YES YES YES

Who the **** wants to watch Nick Grimshaw and his Mum discuss Antiques Roadshow or whatever as I saw when I was flicking through the channels once?

The only time I think it's acceptable is when it is quiz based like WWTBAM or The Chase because you are testing knowledge, but Celebrity Deal or No Deal and the like are shit.

16 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Tell you what really ****s me off - the fact that everything has to have a 'celebrity' version. 

Gogglebox - absolutely ****ing gormless and offensive TV as a standard - was about watching the reaction of people to television. Why do we now have to have a celebrity version? What do they add?

Countdown - the celebration of little Britain intellectuals. Great fun. Tea time filler and something that celebrates the nerds and dorks. Why the **** do celebrities have to get involved in that? What do they add? 

I could go on but it's annoying me. Anything the general public are involved in soon becomes the reserve of the celebrity and I can't work out where the demands is to see June SarPong struggle her way through some mental arithmetic. 

The thing is "celebrities" are possibly the dullest, thickest people on the planet, most are so self obsessed they have no idea of what's going on around the world

The worst are the dumbed down Pointless and Mastermind

17 minutes ago, Corky said:

YES YES YES

Who the **** wants to watch Nick Grimshaw and his Mum discuss Antiques Roadshow or whatever as I saw when I was flicking through the channels once?

The only time I think it's acceptable is when it is quiz based like WWTBAM or The Chase because you are testing knowledge, but Celebrity Deal or No Deal and the like are shit.

They add nothing at all. Nothing. 

The Mrs, as my last two posts in this thread probably reveal, is on a celebrity TV binge. We've got celebrity masterchef on and I can't see what these useless arseholes add to the competition. 

When it's regular people I find it compelling to see that Brian, retired data analyst from Shropshire, has learnt how to make good own pasta in his autumn years. Its nice to see the skills of regular humans. 

I do not get the fascination in watching Pete the Pirate from Essex fumble his way round a kitchen playing the part of prize twat to keep his brand alive. Its offensive. 

1 hour ago, foxile5 said:

Yeah, but what about Sam Queck on Celeb Masterchef?

The Mrs.

Hasn't stepped foot in a shop since the start of the pandemic because she doesn't feel safe, yet happy to send me several times a week for food we really need.

Now I'm in the bad books for standing on and breaking her expensive hair straighteners, despite the fact she'd left them on the floor under a pile of clothes as if I'm supposed to know.

Edited by Rain King
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Rain King said:

The Mrs.

Hasn't stepped foot in a shop since the start of the pandemic because she doesn't feel safe, yet happy to send me several times a week for food we really need.

Now I'm in the bad books for standing on and breaking her expensive hair straighteners, despite the fact she'd left them on the floor under a pile of clothiers as if I'm supposed to know.

Did you not use your X-ray vision?

Schoolboy error there mate :unsure:

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Rain King said:

The Mrs.

Now I'm in the bad books for standing on and breaking her expensive hair straighteners, despite the fact she'd left them on the floor under a pile of clothes as if I'm supposed to know.

I'd start by telling her she needs to put her damn clothes away and buy a cradle to put her straighteners in. Then I'd tell her if she want's to avoid damage to her "beauty" products, she needs to go out and buy what she needs herself because, well, you're a geezer and you don't understand the necessity of women's "beauty" needs. And if she ever treads on your beard trimmer buried under a pile of your socks you'll have her on toast. :thumbup:

Alexa. Load of crap and a waste of money. Always losing our connection or saying "sorry, I'm having trouble understanding right now". Interrupting my playlists or music requests with a reminder that the beef stew will be ready in 5 minutes. Not being silent when I command it. Staying silent when I want to ask something that's important to me. Giving me the metaphorical V sign red circle "ignore" when she can't respond as required.

Hang on. Is that Alexa or my wife?

And her jokes are shite.

Edited by Parafox

2 hours ago, foxile5 said:

Eamonn Holmes and his Mrs worst offenders at this.A lot is down to work creation.There are so many d listers about now they need something to do.In the process it’s depriving normal people at having a crack.Celebrities on quiz shows used to be a fun thing,done on special occasions like Christmas.Now it’s gone so far the other way it turns me off watching.

19 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Alexa. Load of crap and a waste of money. Always losing our connection or saying "sorry, I'm having trouble understanding right now". Interrupting my playlists or music requests with a reminder that the beef stew will be ready in 5 minutes. Not being silent when I command it. Staying silent when I want to ask something that's important to me. Giving me the metaphorical V sign red circle "ignore" when she can't respond as required.

Hang on. Is that Alexa or my wife?

And her jokes are shite.

Sounds like an internet issue to me mate. 

4 hours ago, z-layrex said:

People who say "you got this". **** me it makes me want to gauge my own eyes out with a fork. My wife just said it to my sister today, and I know exactly who she's picked it up off.

What a weird thing to get annoyed about lol

• Sad 1

What grinds my gears is solicitors who are happy to screw every last penny out of their clients, then when they cease practising, they pass all the house deeds in their safe onto another solicitor without informing the owners of those deeds. Six months ago, we needed to refer to our house deeds, but were unable to locate them within the property. So we tried to find the conveyancing solicitor who dealt with them 35 years ago. Of course, his practice no longer exists. Eventually, they were traced to a practice in Birmingham, having apparently passed through the hands of five other solicitors during those 35 years! I'd recommend anyone who has fairly old house deeds stored at a solicitors office to retrieve them, and hide them at home somewhere in a safe place. Ditto with wills.   

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

"Raising awareness"

This one is really pissing me off recently. It's almost always a cause that needs absolutely no awareness raising as everyone is aware of it, and on social media is usually purely an ego trip masquerading as doing something positive. If I log onto Facebook at the moment my feed is clogged up with cvnts doing press-ups, apparently that's "raising awareness" for mental health? 

Why not make a donation to a mental health charity instead? Oh... and keep that to your fvcking self like any decent person would

True charity is anonymous. These folk want the back slapping. There's a fable about that kind of carry on. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Webbo said:

My business account is with Santander. I get a bank statement one day and another letter the next day detailing the bank charges. Why not just stick them in the same envelope? 

Or go paperless and get them all on e-mail .....:ph34r:

4 hours ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

"Raising awareness"

This one is really pissing me off recently. It's almost always a cause that needs absolutely no awareness raising as everyone is aware of it, and on social media is usually purely an ego trip masquerading as doing something positive. If I log onto Facebook at the moment my feed is clogged up with cvnts doing press-ups, apparently that's "raising awareness" for mental health? 

Why not make a donation to a mental health charity instead? Oh... and keep that to your fvcking self like any decent person would

I mean if they truly believe something needs raising awareness of then keeping it to themselves isn't really going to work lol

Edited by LiberalFox