Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

12 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I get that as well.

Belt and braces :thumbup:

Seriously though, if you your get statements, charges etc. on e-mail then do you also need them by post? There's usually an option to 'opt out' of paper communication if you want to do your bit for the environment like :thumbup:

1 minute ago, Izzy said:

Seriously though, if you your get statements, charges etc. on e-mail then do you also need them by post? There's usually an option to 'opt out' of paper communication if you want to do your bit for the environment like :thumbup:

If you ever star in a Tarantino film Muzzett you would play the part of Mr Green ....   :)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Or ditch them and join a proper bank ....   :thumbup:

They're the only bank left in Syston so I moved to them to support the town.

12 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Actually I don't get them emailed but I do have online banking so I can see my account at any time. I always give the printed copies to my accountant at the end of the year so i'd have to print them out anyway, so not saving paper.

3 minutes ago, Webbo said:

They're the only bank left in Syston so I moved to them to support the town.

Actually I don't get them emailed but I do have online banking so I can see my account at any time. I always give the printed copies to my accountant at the end of the year so i'd have to print them out anyway, so not saving paper.

I'm surprised your accountant still wants printed copies from you. Mine asks me to download my monthly bank statements as a pdf each month then I e-mail them at the end of year. 

3 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I'm surprised your accountant still wants printed copies from you. Mine asks me to download my monthly bank statements as a pdf each month then I e-mail them at the end of year. 

He gets what he gets with me. He's lucky I can use the phone. lol 

• Haha 2

Got a letter off a debt collector agency yesterday advising that I have an outstanding fine to be paid at end of the month otherwise they would be sending baliffs around to collect the fine.    The issue is that this was the first I have heard of the fine which was imposed by Transport for London.    The incident happened last September yet it took them until November to 'contact'  me and three weeks later for the fine to be passed to the enforcement agency which apparently took eight months to actually contact me with a month deadline.   COVID-19 impacted delays aside,  it just utterly stinks for TFL to pass their fine to a debt enforcement agency with terrible reputation according to Google and for them to send me a threatening letter which has left an unpleasant cloud hanging over me.   I would have happily paid the fine if I have actually received anything from TFL.

Looked up the appeal proccess and was given a website address only for the website to be not working.....

6 minutes ago, The Blur said:

Got a letter off a debt collector agency yesterday advising that I have an outstanding fine to be paid at end of the month otherwise they would be sending baliffs around to collect the fine.    The issue is that this was the first I have heard of the fine which was imposed by Transport for London.    The incident happened last September yet it took them until November to 'contact'  me and three weeks later for the fine to be passed to the enforcement agency which apparently took eight months to actually contact me with a month deadline.   COVID-19 impacted delays aside,  it just utterly stinks for TFL to pass their fine to a debt enforcement agency with terrible reputation according to Google and for them to send me a threatening letter which has left an unpleasant cloud hanging over me.   I would have happily paid the fine if I have actually received anything from TFL.

Looked up the appeal proccess and was given a website address only for the website to be not working.....

Scam, maybe? 

1 hour ago, The Blur said:

How much?

People filming inappropriate things on their phones. Just came across the aftermath of a cyclist v car accident (luckily cyclist seems shook up but ok), 2 passerbys and the car driver checking on the cyclist but 2 other people were just stood there filming it. How empty must your life be that you'll film something like that just to throw it on Twitter to get likes.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Parafox said:

I've had situations where the police (and sometimes members of the public) have moved people away when they've been filming like that. One occasion we were performing roadside CPR. We were unaware of the filming until the police told us later. I hate it and it should be an offence.

No it shouldn't be an offence.  It is a scummy thing to do, and a sad reflection of numpties on social media, but frankly our courts and police have enough to do without having to police morals.

While I'm at it, there is no reason why killing a member of the emergency services should be punishable with a longer sentence than killing anyone else.  Make no sense to value the life of someone who chooses a risky job more highly than say a good samaritan who dies in attempting to stop a crime.  Sentences in both cases might well be too lenient mind you.

• Like 3

On 04/08/2020 at 03:20, z-layrex said:

People who say "you got this". **** me it makes me want to gauge my own eyes out with a fork. My wife just said it to my sister today, and I know exactly who she's picked it up off.

People who say gauge instead of gouge, shits me every time 😎

5 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

No it shouldn't be an offence.  It is a scummy thing to do, and a sad reflection of numpties on social media, but frankly our courts and police have enough to do without having to police morals.

While I'm at it, there is no reason why killing a member of the emergency services should be punishable with a longer sentence than killing anyone else.  Make no sense to value the life of someone who chooses a risky job more highly than say a good samaritan who dies in attempting to stop a crime.  Sentences in both cases might well be too lenient mind you.

I don't think I've ever suggested that killing a member of the emergency services should carry a greater sentence than the killing of any other person. We're just the same as any other person except that we may have greater risk of being assaulted or harmed in some way but that comes with the job and we accept the risk, as do the police to a greater extent and the fire service to a far lesser degree.

Filming the scene of an accident or incident could be deemed an offence punishable by an instant fine as they do with anti-social behaviour in public places where the police issue a section 350 or something like that. That would avoid court and police time. Problem is these things get shared over social media and there's no control over data protection. I or any of my colleagues being filmed as well as the patient could be identified and that's why it's wrong as well as being immoral.

• Like 1

On 04/08/2020 at 15:47, Corky said:

Unfortunately the hideous practice of legendary songs being carved up, butchered and slowly strained by crappy females on adverts shows no signs of stopping. Born to be Wild the latest victim.

Seriously, start charging these morons billions of dollars/ pounds in royalties then this plague might end.

Argh absolutely hate this.

People wearing flip flops in the street.

Although I have to say being the only person still wearing trousers and l/s shirts I was a little jealous...and wondering why I don't own any shorts or anything short sleeved.:D

Edited by purpleronnie

On 04/08/2020 at 20:28, Manini said:

Scam, maybe? 

Looked into it-  it is legitimate.  

On 04/08/2020 at 21:22, stix said:

How much?

£200.   I have read up on TFL's appeal policy and put in an appeal.   It turned out the letter was sent to my previous address,    Apparently if you change the address on your driving licence,  it would not change the address on V5 certificate-   it has to be done seperately so essentially it is my fault after all.

I am hoping to get TFL to agree to reduce the fine to the original amount and am waiting to hear from them at the moment.

Valuable lesson for you all folks-  contact DLVA and ask to change your licence and V5!     

On 04/08/2020 at 20:21, The Blur said:

I had the same thing about my road tax. I'd moved 2 years before and hadn't changed the log book. The first year my post was redirected, not so the second. £70 fine plus the outstanding road tax. 

I wasn't sure if it was a scam either so I contacted the dvla directly. 

4 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I had the same thing about my road tax. I'd moved 2 years before and hadn't changed the log book. The first year my post was redirected, not so the second. £70 fine plus the outstanding road tax. 

I wasn't sure if it was a scam either so I contacted the dvla directly. 

Yup-  it just bothers me that enforcement agencies has the resources to track my address down yet TFL does not.   If only TFL established a partnership with DLVA to access V5 and driving licence records then they could have tracked down my address to save all of this aggro.   Yet,  they just pass the fine on to enforcement agencies especially the one with terrible reputation.