Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Libertine

Mobile Phone Thread

On 24/05/2019 at 10:25, Jattdogg said:

I have 6gb data plan here in canada and thats considered alot these days. These companies charge anywhere from $60  a month if you are lucky to well over $100 for that. Thats 35£-60£+ a month.

Typically most plans start around 1gb of data and over $60. 

That is beyond criminal.

6 hours ago, the fox said:

That is beyond criminal.

It is. Some of the big 3 telcos (bell, rogers, telus) have flanker brandsa like  virgin, fido, koodo who have better promotions  like rogjt now you can get 6GB for $55 or so plus tax (add 13%). Still criminal. 

• 4 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-49126035

If three really do what they're saying, unlimited 5g with no throttling then I'm on board in a flash. Sick to death of running out of data and having to pay again for more. >_<

Before you jump on board and not teaching to suck eggs that price is simo you will need a 5G compatible phone, if you have 1 great, if not your back up to £70+pm for contract.

iPhone yet to rollout their 5G phones should be this September/October, Samsung have the S10 5G, Huawei, One+ and LG also have a variant but there aren't many around just yet.

Also where do you live, most company's only have 5G in around 6 cities and coverage will be patchy at best in those and whilst all providers saying they will rollout to every major city this will take time I'd guess another 1-2yrs (Leicester thou should be before that due to size and location.

These companies know what they are doing and have us over a barrel, they will tie us in to 5G then 6G will rollout which will be on another level, and we start again :(

I sound like Martin Lewis but unless you need the latest tech now it might be worth sticking to 4G for the time being as I'd imagine we should be able to get some good deals on simo and handsets as they try to push 5G.

6 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

Before you jump on board and not teaching to suck eggs that price is simo you will need a 5G compatible phone, if you have 1 great, if not your back up to £70+pm for contract.

iPhone yet to rollout their 5G phones should be this September/October, Samsung have the S10 5G, Huawei, One+ and LG also have a variant but there aren't many around just yet.

Also where do you live, most company's only have 5G in around 6 cities and coverage will be patchy at best in those and whilst all providers saying they will rollout to every major city this will take time I'd guess another 1-2yrs (Leicester thou should be before that due to size and location.

These companies know what they are doing and have us over a barrel, they will tie us in to 5G then 6G will rollout which will be on another level, and we start again :(

I sound like Martin Lewis but unless you need the latest tech now it might be worth sticking to 4G for the time being as I'd imagine we should be able to get some good deals on simo and handsets as they try to push 5G.

Don't have a 5g phone yet, currently on the note 9, I think my contract will probably run out around the time 5g is everywhere. :D

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Unabomber said:

I am due an upgrade, had I phones before and abit sick of them. Does anyone know how to transfer all stuff from an iPhone to a Samsung or Huawei?

Download phone clone - you can transfer data from your old to new phone 

Held off on going for the One Plus 7 Pro due to hearing bad things about the camera and video when first released.

Now a few online are saying in the latest updates they have massively improved both along to the standard of the S10 and the P30.

I dont always trust YouTubers and such as i know plenty are sponsored by these companies so can anybody on here vouch for it? as its a stunning phone and still cheaper than the big boys sim free.

1 minute ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Held off on going for the One Plus 7 Pro due to hearing bad things about the camera and video when first released.

Now a few online are saying in the latest updates they have massively improved both along to the standard of the S10 and the P30.

I dont always trust YouTubers and such as i know plenty are sponsored by these companies so can anybody on here vouch for it? as its a stunning phone and still cheaper than the big boys sim free.

The camera on the oneplus will never be on the level of the true flagships but it is more than good enough 

3 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

Were you out of contract. I’m paying £12 for 4 gig!

Yes, was SIM only because I bought the phone outright last year.

They offered me some deals on a 12 month and then she said if I go 18 month SIM only I could have the 8gb for £10.

She also offered 50gb for £20pm but I don't need anywhere near that much data.

• Thanks 1

I've just renewed my BT Broadband package and they added BT TV in for an extra fiver a month. They also included a BT Mobile SIM, 500mb data, unlimited calls and texts. However, I don't have a Smart phone.

What's the best one to get ?? I only need a cheapo as it won't get used that often.

On 30/06/2019 at 23:48, Jattdogg said:

It is. Some of the big 3 telcos (bell, rogers, telus) have flanker brandsa like  virgin, fido, koodo who have better promotions  like rogjt now you can get 6GB for $55 or so plus tax (add 13%). Still criminal. 

I have unlimited in my own country, plus free roaming in most countries abroad and that's about the same amount.

But then you have to compare it to the average income and it isn't as bad any more.

Problem is the small market over here with only three major phone providers, I'm surprised you can't get more companies to compete against one another in a massive country such as Canada, in order for prices to fall. 

2 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

I have unlimited in my own country, plus free roaming in most countries abroad and that's about the same amount.

But then you have to compare it to the average income and it isn't as bad any more.

Problem is the small market over here with only three major phone providers, I'm surprised you can't get more companies to compete against one another in a massive country such as Canada, in order for prices to fall. 

The government doesnt allow others in. They are in bed with the telcos. its sad really.

10 hours ago, Spudulike said:

I've just renewed my BT Broadband package and they added BT TV in for an extra fiver a month. They also included a BT Mobile SIM, 500mb data, unlimited calls and texts. However, I don't have a Smart phone.

What's the best one to get ?? I only need a cheapo as it won't get used that often.

If you're only going to use it for phoning and texting, just about any smartphone.

On 22/08/2019 at 08:10, EastAnglianFox said:

I have a OnePlus 6T and it's brilliant.  If I was in the market for a new phone I would almost certainly get the 7 Pro.  

Cameras on the Google Pixel and P30 Pro are fantastic.  The 7 Pro might not be quite up to the same standard but I'd be surprised if Average Joe could seriously tell the difference.  If you're a pro photographer, then yeah, go for something different, if not then I think you'll find it won't bother you.

There is not a phone on the market that is "best in class" across all disciplines.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, goose2010 said:

just moved onto Voxi (apart of Vodafone) £10 a month. Unlimited calls and texts plus 6Gb a month. You also get unlimited social media so no data is used on facebook twitter etc.

Plus there is no contract just £10 every 30days.

I've just moved to Sky Mobile. £10/month for 8gb data, plus unlimited streaming of Sky TV (if you're a sky TV customer) - very useful at work during the Ashes. And you can roll unused data over

• Like 1

Thinking of upgrading soon. Currently got an S7 and it's got to the stage where it's just lagging all the time. Don't want to be paying through the nose for a flagship, so I was thnking of an older one like an S9 or S10e. Anyone got any reccomendations for around £400-£550?