Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Libertine

Mobile Phone Thread

• 4 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

I will need to upgrade from my Galaxy S7 and I'm thinking of getting a Pixel. Is the experience cracked it to what people say about it? 

My girlfriend has 1 and it’s the only phone I’d consider swapping my iPhone for now. Lovely to use and the camera is amazing 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

I will need to upgrade from my Galaxy S7 and I'm thinking of getting a Pixel. Is the experience cracked it to what people say about it? 

Yep.

I used to love Samsung and HTC as Android-based phones then went on to Pixel just over 2 years ago. 

Glad I did as I can't see myself ever going back to those if Google create phones like these.

• 3 weeks later...
On 06/11/2019 at 13:38, Countryfox said:

My Christmas present to myself ...   a new iphone 11 pro ....   this pic was using the telephoto at 60 yards ...   quite impressive I thought ...  

(She’s a roe doe and had two kids in tow)  :)

B357DD2D-1F19-4DE0-AE96-8A9DECB0272C.jpeg

Did you shoot and cook it?

Just now, Mike Oxlong said:

What are people using for music on the go through their phones ? 

At the moment I’m using some Shure 435s assisted by an Audiolab portable DAC

Now thinking about getting a pair of the new AirPods Pro. The reviews have been consistently good 

BeatsX Bluetooth in-ear noise-cancelling headphones. 

Got them for free when I changed my contract with EE. Did previously have Sony in-ear head phones too but they're my back up ones now. The Beats ones are pretty damn good. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Sooo i have an older ipad from 2013 or so. I have a pin code set to access it but recently changed it to punish my son for some poor decision making at school.

Well for a techie, i should have known better but seeing as i dislike iphones and ipads i couldnt be asked to configure backups etc. Talk about poor decision making daddy.

Anyways i know i have to essentially set the iPad back to factory default settings but this means i will lose all pics and videos. I have many pics and videos of the kids id love to get off of it. Has anyone used third party  apps to accomplish this? If so, which one?

• 4 weeks later...

Virgin have decided to stop their normal payg service instead opting for some bull where it charges you £2 for the first text of the day then you get a few hundred free for that day. 

My dad sends 2 texts a week, doesn't want to pay £2 for them. Anyone know where I can find a different classic sim where its like 10p a text, no monthly nonsense? Don't think the supplier matters. Cheers. :D

3 hours ago, Innovindil said:

Virgin have decided to stop their normal payg service instead opting for some bull where it charges you £2 for the first text of the day then you get a few hundred free for that day. 

My dad sends 2 texts a week, doesn't want to pay £2 for them. Anyone know where I can find a different classic sim where its like 10p a text, no monthly nonsense? Don't think the supplier matters. Cheers. :D

Three normally have some good deals on stuff like this. 

Just had a quick look, PAYG sim card 3p a minute, 2p per text. Top up as and when you like. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Gotta say I’m quite impressed with Three network.

Rang them up to extend the SIM only contract on my daughter’s phone of £11pm for 8GB data, unlimited texts, unlimited calls. At the end of the call they offered me the same SIM only deal for a second phone at just £8 a month which is perfect timing as just about to get my boy his first phone.

So both kids sorted for £19 a month combined. I reckon that’s pretty good? 

• Like 1

So.. ;)  I have been using my Xioami Redmi note 8 for a few days... loving it.

Top quality screen, fast, everything i need and only $250 lol

I have only one issue and cant seem to fix...if anyone can help i would really appreciate it.

Missed calls and texts do not show on the lock screen... so i dont know ive missed until i open the screen. I have tried all of the allowing notifications etc.. but nothing :(

Anyhelp please

1 hour ago, spacemunky said:

Finally upgraded from my Samsung Galaxy 6 Edge and got the Galaxy S10E. Same size really, but minus anything on the front, so the screen is bigger. Perfect size and a fantastic phone.

My wife literally just got the 10e yesterday.  Its a much better fit in the hand then my s9+.  Decent pricing with fido. Her sony xperia z2 was in need of retirement 

Edited by Jattdogg
  • Like 1