Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

theft of course but id get away with it right?

depends how much the 'victim' chases it up. Say if they lose it at 10am. You find it at 10.15 and make a few transactions til about 10.45am. They manage to report it lost/stolen at 11am, telling their bank they lost it at around 10am.

Bank would look at transactions from 10am onwards (or for whole of that morning). Perhaps confirm with the card user where they may have left/lost it and confirm transactions. Then I guess if they wanted to chase it further, report it to police saying someone used their card at various places, look on CCTV, try and track you down?

This is all speculative and what I see as logical lol. Not like an official process haha.

Thanks, doesnt quite seem to be right does it?

Quite a lot of idioms and phrases have their etymological roots in the British Army. Very few can be accurately verified, unfortunately.

Can you lie on a sandy beach if you have shingles, or do you have to tell the truth?

Sorry, just getting bored surfing the wave of effluent about Vardy.... 

nope. but you can lie on shingles if you have a sandy beach.

Why do people consider Mao Zedong to be a tyrant? In my opinion he was a good leader who laid the foundations for present day China.

The millions of people who starved to death, the oppression of the cultural revolution, the killing and jailing of dissidents, little things like that.

Also, he used to steal inflatable dinosaurs.

Edited by Webbo
  • Like 3

Probably because he was an autocratic leader and pushed The Great Leap Forward, which is widely considered to have caused millions of deaths. Not to mention his cultural revolution, and being at least part of the reason that Korea remains divided today.

Out of interest, are you Chinese or of Chinese descent?

Probably because he was an autocratic leader and pushed The Great Leap Forward, which is widely considered to have caused millions of deaths. Not to mention his cultural revolution, and being at least part of the reason that Korea remains divided today.

No but his dinosaur was of Chinese decent.
  • Like 1

No I am not Chinese. I just find Chairman Mao a fascinating leader. Yes, many people died under his rule but he also turned China into a powerful and industrialised nation. It just seems like the West automatically declare any communist leaders to be dictators and ruthless. It was with mass support from the people that he came to power in the first place. And it was the people of China that started the cultural revolution, Mao was just the figure head. 

No I am not Chinese. I just find Chairman Mao a fascinating leader. Yes, many people died under his rule but he also turned China into a powerful and industrialised nation. It just seems like the West automatically declare any communist leaders to be dictators and ruthless. It was with mass support from the people that he came to power in the first place. And it was the people of China that started the cultural revolution, Mao was just the figure head. 

I thought it was his successor that is credited with the reconstruction of the economy. If you find him fascinating you're probably more well read than me on the subject anyway. I was just curious, I've never heard him spoken of in good terms by anyone other than Chinese people before.

For what it's worth, even if the current China is a result of his actions, I don't think that's worth 20-40 million lives...

Why do Muslims fast? Genuine question.

Must be horrible for some not consuming anything for about 3/4 of a day.

I believe they see it as a way to be closer to God, and reminds them of those less fortunate than them themselves. Edited by Facecloth
  • Like 1

I read an article suggesting that exams are moved away from Ramadan as it apparently results in them performing worse. You might as well ban all Muslim pilots and doctors as if they aren't able to complete an exam, they clearly aren't able to undertake highly skilled tasks during Ramadan. But I presume my suggestion would be deemed 'racist' by most of the liberals around today.

Don't all Faiths have some form of fasting? It might be some sort of sacrifice to their god.

I remember years ago an ex neighbour used to man the radio of a taxi firm and she said she was disgusted at some drivers spitting in the street rather than swallow saliva during Ramadan. Although I did not always agree with her views on foreigners I agree with her on this. The incidents were from her perspective though so could have been exaggerated.

Is fasting any different to the once a year Children in Need when people who spend thousands on cars holidays and extravagance goods donate £5 to help a child in Africa?

I read an article suggesting that exams are moved away from Ramadan as it apparently results in them performing worse. You might as well ban all Muslim pilots and doctors as if they aren't able to complete an exam, they clearly aren't able to undertake highly skilled tasks during Ramadan. But I presume my suggestion would be deemed 'racist' by most of the liberals around today.

racist

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwid3863zJXNAhWGAcAKHZaBAhAQFggqMAM&url=http%3A%2F%2Findianexpress.com%2Farticle%2Flifestyle%2Flife-style%2Fwhat-is-ramadan-and-why-do-muslims-fast-all-day%2F&usg=AFQjCNEpQP7BWZLOfwPyP_EPtYvdcsXREw&bvm=bv.123664746,d.ZGg

Because it's one of the five pillars of Islam and is intended to bring them closer to God.

Don't all Faiths have some form of fasting? It might be some sort of sacrifice to their god.

I remember years ago an ex neighbour used to man the radio of a taxi firm and she said she was disgusted at some drivers spitting in the street rather than swallow saliva during Ramadan. Although I did not always agree with her views on foreigners I agree with her on this. The incidents were from her perspective though so could have been exaggerated.

Is fasting any different to the once a year Children in Need when people who spend thousands on cars holidays and extravagance goods donate £5 to help a child in Africa?

I think one of my girlfriends must've been a Muslim

racist

so racist.