Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

5 hours ago, Stadt said:

It's probably confirmation bias on my part but does anybody else feel more of our fans don't live in our own city (or the county) than average?

I wouldn’t say so, no.

Obviously we’ve picked up a few fans from outside the city/county from the title win but not that many in the grand scheme of things.

I imagine we’ve got a similar amount of ‘exiles’ as most clubs. I live down south now and have met other Leicester fans who’ve moved away. I’ve also met Forest, Derby, Villa fans down here who’ve also moved from their home town.

This forum probably isn’t a true reflection of our fan base as I’d imagine most fans outside the county are members on here as it’s our way of staying ‘close’ to our team/city now we live away.

Just my thoughts and I could be wrong obvs.

9 hours ago, Izzy said:

I wouldn’t say so, no.

Obviously we’ve picked up a few fans from outside the city/county from the title win but not that many in the grand scheme of things.

I imagine we’ve got a similar amount of ‘exiles’ as most clubs. I live down south now and have met other Leicester fans who’ve moved away. I’ve also met Forest, Derby, Villa fans down here who’ve also moved from their home town.

This forum probably isn’t a true reflection of our fan base as I’d imagine most fans outside the county are members on here as it’s our way of staying ‘close’ to our team/city now we live away.

Pretty much this. Born in leicester but moved away as a baby. Always had family in Leicester with family in wigston, anstey and others in westcotes so was in these areas whenever we flew back to England.  Always support the hometown and as dad was a fan it was natural. Although supporting city since early 90s in canada was unheard of. Everytime i come to England i always come to the KP and watch city. Next time i come up will msg a few of you bells

Edited by Jattdogg
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Here’s a question for @Strokes ...   why do you persist with these slightly offensive kn0b type avatars ?? ...   some poor souls on here might have to avert their eyes !! ..   why not have a nice doggy pic (nots its arse !!) like what I do ...   here’s a very nice pic of my mates poodle which you are more than welcome to use if you wish ...   :thumbup:

32E6D32B-8E02-48FD-8087-79E5CE1E281F.jpeg

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Here’s a question for @Strokes ...   why do you persist with these slightly offensive kn0b type avatars ?? ...   some poor souls on here might have to avert their eyes !! ..   why not have a nice doggy pic (nots its arse !!) like what I do ...   here’s a very nice pic of my mates poodle which you are more than welcome to use if you wish ...   :thumbup:

32E6D32B-8E02-48FD-8087-79E5CE1E281F.jpeg

lol

Thats a great photo, I would happily use it as I love dogs.

My profile is not a knob though, it’s clearly a ghost.

7 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Whats a weeb ?

I had to Google it :rolleyes:

a weeb is a person that's not japanese, but wishes they were. they're obsessed with japanese culture. they integrate japanese words into every day language.

• Thanks 1

On 22/01/2019 at 08:45, Izzy said:

I wouldn’t say so, no.

I’m not even an excile!

14 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Why has the What's In the News thread been deleted?

It seemed well-balanced, with just one person spoiling it on the last page.

Don't see why Rodney Fernio's posts weren't removed and the thread left open.

• Like 1

One for @Strokes about 10 months ago I had a floodlight in the garden fitted. Tonight I noticed it wasn’t working, the light was flickering then nothing. Would the bulb need replacing or do you think it’s something more serious? 

This is is the floodlight https://www.screwfix.com/p/lap-led-pir-floodlight-black-50w-daylight/458cc

6 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

One for @Strokes about 10 months ago I had a floodlight in the garden fitted. Tonight I noticed it wasn’t working, the light was flickering then nothing. Would the bulb need replacing or do you think it’s something more serious? 

This is is the floodlight https://www.screwfix.com/p/lap-led-pir-floodlight-black-50w-daylight/458cc

Could be a loose connection, it’s not a bulb that’s LED. They can still go but unlikely to flicker unless an internal pcb gets very hot and melts/warps.

Turn the power off and check the connections ??

Edited by Strokes

5 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Could be a loose connection, it’s not a bulb that’s LED. They can still go but unlikely to flicker unless an internal pcb gets very hot and melts/warps.

Turn the power off and check the connections ??

Thanks. I’ll get the electrician round who fitted to come and have a look at it. 

• Like 1

On 09/02/2019 at 18:32, The Doctor said:

Seriously though, I'd go Clement Attlee

If that is because of the NHS, it is not widely known that all three major parties went into the 1945 election with the promise of a NHS in their manifestos.  Labour got the chance to implement it from that day on sold the lie that they and the sainted Attlee invented the NHS.  Not true.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, murphy said:

If that is because of the NHS, it is not widely known that all three major parties went into the 1945 election with the promise of a NHS in their manifestos.  Labour got the chance to implement it from that day on sold the lie that they and the sainted Attlee invented the NHS.  Not true.

Pretty much - it was his administration immediately after the war that built a lot of social structures that made this country imo (like the NHS and the welfare system).