Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

Do you think some of the current LCFC players read this forum?

In some ways hope they do, to understand their performances from a wide range of fans' attitudes towards them and to see what their weaknesses are and try and work on them.

3 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

In some ways hope they do, to understand their performances from a wide range of fans' attitudes towards them and to see what their weaknesses are and try and work on them.

Yeah I’m not sure professional footballers are looking to the idiots on this forum for advice on how to improve as footballers tbh 

30 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

I’m not sure about players reading the forum but I think it’s been mentioned on here a couple of times that some club employees read it.

1 hour ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Considering Maddison is always searching his own name on Twitter I wouldn’t put it past him

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Wymeswold fox said:

I’m convinced they do at least one must and then  tells the others whats been said. 

No reason really why they wouldn’t really 

doubt its to pick up tips on how to play better though 

Edited by Suzie the Fox

4 hours ago, SystonFox said:

Does he really? Wow

Yeah he's replied to various abusive tweets aimed at him, in which he's not tagged but his name is mentioned. Only way of him finding those tweets is to search his name.

Guest MattP
12 hours ago, DanNDH88 said:

Considering Maddison is always searching his own name on Twitter I wouldn’t put it past him

If I had to guess one person who would do that it would be Maddison lol

8 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

Where is Kenny Rincewind?

Think he just occasionally logs on and hardly posts, now.

Does anyone else remember when he said he was admitted to hospital on here around a few years back, a thread was made about his health situation and someone claimed to have met him on some LRI ward and some posted a few 'get well soon' horse cards on It?

get_well_soon_horse_greeting_card-r13e88

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, brucey said:

Yeah he's replied to various abusive tweets aimed at him, in which he's not tagged but his name is mentioned. Only way of him finding those tweets is to search his name.

Not unless it gets retweeted by someone he follows in which case he will see it. 

Or maybe he has friends who point it out to him and he replies after that? 

4 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Think he just occasionally logs on and hardly posts, now.

Does anyone else remember when he said he was admitted to hospital on here around a few years back, a thread was made about his health situation and someone claimed to have met him on some LRI ward and some posted a few 'get well soon' horse cards on It?

get_well_soon_horse_greeting_card-r13e88

Hehehe, yeah we sent him 400 cards with a horse on. Lovely stuff.

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

What's the likelihood of the UK being the victim of a nuclear attack in the future?

Very little chance, whoever's bombs us, we have the capability to do the same.  Nuclear weapons are a deterrent not a active weapon. 

For example if Pakistan didn't have nuclear weapons, India would have wiped them off the planet

On 04/03/2019 at 11:04, brucey said:

Deborah Meaden did that on a tweet I wrote about her once.....so he’s in good company if you ask me.

How do Indian call centre scams still exist? Surely nobody's daft enough to fall for them anymore yet every few weeks I'll get a call at my work from a bloke who can barely pronounce English words claiming to be from whichever utilities company they feel like being that day.  I fail to see how they sustain themselves when even the simplest question (like "who are you calling for?") derails their entire spiel.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

How do Indian call centre scams still exist? Surely nobody's daft enough to fall for them anymore yet every few weeks I'll get a call at my work from a bloke who can barely pronounce English words claiming to be from whichever utilities company they feel like being that day.  I fail to see how they sustain themselves when even the simplest question (like "who are you calling for?") derails their entire spiel.

I speak to them in Gujarati and it throws them way off lol.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I speak to them in Gujarati and it throws them way off lol.

Brilliant lol  I usually play along briefly but being at work I always need to move them on and get back to whatever I'm doing.  Hopefully one day they'll ring the shop when I'm hanging around after finishing my shift and I can have a bit more fun with it. :D