Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

He was consistent last year. Personally say over the season he averaged about a 7.

He's never gonna set the work alight but he brings a lot more to the team than people give him credit for.

People’s opinion of him seem to have gone up since he took a wage cut. Maybe they were judging his wages more than him.

I’ve been impressed with Leicester all season long. They hung on very well against Stoke last week, although I do feel that Stoke should have taken something from that game. However, I don’t see them taking anything from this one because Man United are starting to get on a roll. They are the team to watch this year because they’ll concede goals and score goals – and Leicester are the same. This should be an entertaining game.

PAUL PREDICTS: 2-3

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/15205/9476533/paul-mersons-premier-league-predictions-round-five

I’ve been impressed with Leicester all season long. They hung on very well against Stoke last week, although I do feel that Stoke should have taken something from that game. However, I don’t see them taking anything from this one because Man United are starting to get on a roll. They are the team to watch this year because they’ll concede goals and score goals – and Leicester are the same. This should be an entertaining game.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/15205/9476533/paul-mersons-premier-league-predictions-round-five

Fvck Paul.

• Like 1

?? I thought to be on a roll you have to do something more than once..Unless he means they've won one on the trot!!

Edited by yorkie1999

"i've been impressed with leicester all season long" 

didn't he say we were crap the other week? or was that some other moron of a pundit? 

He said we'd go down because our stadium was too nice, then he changed when we showed we were actually a decent team, then was worried about how good we were without winning, now we've won we'll lose because Man United are on a roll having won the same amount of matches as us.

• Like 1

newcastle join 6 other teams (burnley, qpr, west brom, west ham, palace and hull) as more likely to get relegated than us going on betfair's implied chance graph. we're now 8th favourites to go down. just shy of 5/1 if anyone wants to cover themselves. nearly double in price since the season began. 

• Like 1

Nice to see the old "Leicester bought their way to promotion" myth still going on strong in the red café.

You seriously think Leicester was put together for a million? You do know Uchoa cost £8m this summer for a start and they basically bought their way to the title last season with the wages they pay players. They are a very rich club these days, their owner is a billionaire. 

For this reason I don't buy the little old Leicester thing either, that washes with Burnley but not with these. I suspect with the money they have, they'll finish mid table.

http://www.redcafe.net/threads/leicester-city-vs-manchester-united-fa-premier-league.393787/page-10#post-16489689

Nice to see the old "Leicester bought their way to promotion" myth still going on strong in the red café.

http://www.redcafe.net/threads/leicester-city-vs-manchester-united-fa-premier-league.393787/page-10#post-16489689

The majority of the people there seem well informed so it seems a bit pointless to link there only for some of our more reactionary fan base to turn up and make us look cocks because one person said that Edited by benpicko

The majority of the people there seem well informed so it seems a bit pointless to link there only for some of our more reactionary fan base to turn up and make us look cocks because one person said that

Yeah, RedCafé is a nice place to hang out. Isn't it, benpickoLCFC? :whistle:

Good thing about teams like Manchester United, Arsenal and Chelsea is that they know next to nothing about us, come up with the odd broad assumption, solely focus on their team and care little about the opposition.

It can only work in our favour.

Good thing about teams like Manchester United, Arsenal and Chelsea is that they know next to nothing about us, come up with the odd broad assumption, solely focus on their team and care little about the opposition.

Well I have like 8 posts and they're all in that thread, correcting misconceptions and telling them how their academy players are doing now, and they all seem reasonable in that thread. Seem to think that we'll be more of a challenge than QPR were but that they'll edge it out, which is practically the same as everybody on here is saying

I highly doubt Jose Mourinho takes that sort of casual approach, and I wouldn't be too sure Wenger and van Gaal do, either. LvG may have spend much of the early season focusing on his team and worrying less about the opposition because he was trying to get his own team used to playing under a new system, but he strikes me as the kind of manager that doesn't just want his teams to win--he wants them to win convincingly and comprehensively.

I hope LvG gets embarrassed tomorrow, but I don't think he will take City lightly.

I highly doubt Jose Mourinho takes that sort of casual approach, and I wouldn't be too sure Wenger and van Gaal do, either. LvG may have spend much of the early season focusing on his team and worrying less about the opposition because he was trying to get his own team used to playing under a new system, but he strikes me as the kind of manager that doesn't just want his teams to win--he wants them to win convincingly and comprehensively.

I hope LvG gets embarrassed tomorrow, but I don't think he will take City lightly.

Maybe, maybe not. But if LvG is expecting to steamroller us, then there will be Scholes and Giggs, along with a dozen others to tell him what he needs to know. I'd bet some of his backroom staff know more about our team than half our fans to be honest lol

That's true. I guess I wasn't specific enough - I was mainly talking about the opposing fans of said clubs.