Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

What I don't understand about the anti-Pearson brigade is the absolute venom with which they berate him, you might not think he's up to the job or you might think he's out of his depth but there's no need for the vitriol for a manager who has been very successful for us.

Another thing that grates on the 'Pearsonites' is how quickly he gets written off when he's proven that he usually learns in the end albeit slowly. There's usually a clamour for an unrealistic or worse/similar target which is frustrating too.

Pearson is by no means perfect and sometimes the Pearsonites' (myself included) are perhaps too rash to defend him almost unconditionally but there's a frustration borne out of people that are completely irrational, people with 39 posts with all of them criticising Pearson that disappear when things are going well and people that are desperate to be proved right about him being a clown.

There's not a Pearson in clique or whatever but 90% of Pearson out posts are based on myths, vitriol, raging pessimism or just a dislike of the man, so Pearsonites get fed up with repetitive drivel; that gets 'shutdown' whilst well reasoned arguments are welcome but it's the scarcity of them which makes the in/out debates so mind-numbing.

hear hear

"make a note of that, Bein sports viewers"

lmao gotta love his optimism as if anyone watches Bein sports.

haha afraid I have to :( That said they show every game, so I get to watch us every week in the pub! Sometimes the arabic commentary is preferable to some of the shite they spout tho!

Amazing how Burnley fans can be so happy about one of their own players being called up, but so cynical about one of ours

Bigtime sour grapes

I'll just leave this here for any other brainless Burnley fans

_83142685_vardyandheaton.jpg

Edited by MrSpaM
  • Like 1

Amazing how Burnley fans can be so happy about one of their own players being called up, but so cynical about one of ours

Bigtime sour grapes

I've been on there and can't see any sour grapes. In fact the only one making a fool of himself is the Leicester fan jumping on things that aren't there.

I've been on there and can't see any sour grapes. In fact the only one making a fool of himself is the Leicester fan jumping on things that aren't there.

This, they're right that it's clear that he is there due to others being away at U21s or being injured.

That being said unless he wants to be experimental it's more likely for Vardy as one of four strikers to be given a run out rather than Heaton whose likely third choice 'keeper.

All the ***** moaning about vardy being in the squad will be the same ***** moaning that we should pick players with passion and that play for the shirt when we get knocked out of the group stages at the euros

Edited by ARTY_FOX
  • Like 1

Yeah it's a no-go zone for Leicester fans IMO. So many people are saying that "he's only played well for the latter part of the season and only four goals", isn't a player that is on form right before England games the best kind of player? It's like they'd rather pick a player that has 6 goals over 9 months of playing, just because he has 2 goals more.

Why on earth would Puncheon get picked over Vardy when Puncheon is a midfielder?

Absolute tools

According to Reddit, because he has more goals. Shouldn't they be complaining about Walcott being picked instead? 

Crystal Palace fans are tearing him apart on there!

"If Cresswell had been taken ahead of Dann I'd have held my hands up and gone "that's fine, he's had a great season". But Jamie ****ing Vardy?"

Because Scott Dann is well renowned for his striking exploits.

People are saying Puncheon should be picked over him as well, who once again isn't a striker. A squad has to contain options in every position, the squad isn't necessarily all of the 'best' players but the best balance and Vardy provides a different option up front not to mention the fact he's earned a chance with his performances.

I genuinely have no idea who people want picked ahead of Vardy who isn't injured/playing for the under 21s. Can't think of a single one myself.

Edited by Simmsy

"If Cresswell had been taken ahead of Dann I'd have held my hands up and gone "that's fine, he's had a great season". But Jamie ****ing Vardy?"

Because Scott Dann is well renowned for his striking exploits.

People are saying Puncheon should be picked over him as well, who once again isn't a striker. A squad has to contain options in every position, the squad isn't necessarily all of the 'best' players but the best balance and Vardy provides a different option up front not to mention the fact he's earned a chance with his performances.

I genuinely have no idea who people want picked ahead of Vardy who isn't injured/playing for the under 21s. Can't think of a single one myself.

Lad on facebook suggested the one who looks like a squashed jacket potato.

Have a guess who that is