Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Veretout on why he chose villa over leicester

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3239209/Paul-Pogba-gave-advice-signing-Aston-Villa-reveals-Jordan-Veretout.html

One of the main reasons he joined is because 'Aston villa is a name'

This bit:

'I knew about Villa when I was young, a club that had won a lot of trophies and has a rich history. It was always a club that attracted me. It’s really important for me to say that I didn’t choose the club on the basis of money.

...is fair enough. In fact it would be refreshing if more footballers thought like that.

But then this bit: 

"I chose it (Villa) for me and my future."

q3iCWqE.gif

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3239209/Paul-Pogba-gave-advice-signing-Aston-Villa-reveals-Jordan-Veretout.html

Certainly is a name, he'd have heard them a lot over the years on TV.

"Aston Villa lose again"

"Aston Villa finish in 17th and scrape by for another year"

"Aston Villa look terrible"

Only recently Villa were all over the press in France

"Aston Villa Capitulate against Leicester"

"Aston Villa get battered by Leicester in second half"

"Aston Villa's Tim Sherwood doesn't have a clue"

....Aston Villa haven't won anything since Jordan was three years old lol

Edited by Babylon
  • Like 1

Certainly is a name, he'd have heard them a lot over the years on TV.

"Aston Villa lose again"

"Aston Villa finish in 17th and scrape by for another year"

"Aston Villa look terrible"

....Aston Villa haven't won anything since Jordan was three years old lol

"And the Aston Villa fans boo their side off at full time after a 0-0 draw at home drops them to 7th place"

I thought that article was pretty bang on. We're not excited about being second because we think we'll stay there (although...), but because we're playing great football and getting the results we deserve.

About the best thing I've read about our current situation...

Enjoy the Championship.  :D

In fairness the guy was just one of a number the press linked us to, looking at how we play IMHO the key player to get was Kante and i would not swop him for any we were seriously linked with. Ranieri clearly has more than a plan A up his sleeve and if Veretout was top of the page it would have been about page 5. What I cannot work out is when I have brought a business I check it out and do my homework, in the here and now if he has compared us to Villa I would suggest and if it isn't about money he needs to look at his agent.

Good choice for him. If he isnt starting for Villa he would be well down the pecking order here....5th choice.

Good choice for him. If he isnt starting for Villa he would be well down the pecking order here....5th choice.

Well as a Leicester fan Villa have achieved more than us in the last Century but those achievements don't affect your current form, they have a bigger stadium and a bit of history to someone who doesn't know much about the Prem they would seem a bigger club. Not taking anything away from villa they have a plan but selling your best players never helps. Benteke would have had probably tore us to pieces in the first half last week, lucky for us Villa don't seem very good at the moment.

He's obviously going to say villa are a bigger club. We would be shocked if he didn't.

Exactly. Find me a footballer who joins a new club and says "I joined Villa because Leicester's side is much stronger and my opportunities there would be limited."

People need to stop worrying - we're MASSIVE!

Well as a Leicester fan Villa have achieved more than us in the last Century but those achievements don't affect your current form, they have a bigger stadium and a bit of history to someone who doesn't know much about the Prem they would seem a bigger club. Not taking anything away from villa they have a plan but selling your best players never helps. Benteke would have had probably tore us to pieces in the first half last week, lucky for us Villa don't seem very good at the moment.

Their stadium is absolutely shite though.

Their stadium is absolutely shite though.

I have a soft spot for old stadiums rather than the Generic bowl design you see a lot these days. I would have loved to have seen another Carling Stand built on the east stand at Filbert Street and a double decker up at the family stand.

• Like 1

It's an interesting comment from Veretout, but really he should have looked at how Villa did last season, only just stayed up got a few thrashings in the bargain, looked at their best players from last season, Cleverley, Delph, Benteke, Vlaar and how none of them are at the club any more.

Then you could also look at the fact they got to the cup final, ok they were dicked on by Arsenal, but they came closer to silverware than we did...

They are a traditionally bigger club than Leicester, but so are Leeds and look at them.