Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

17 minutes ago, crsleicester said:

I heard from a good source that the first picker inadvertently shakes hands with someone prior to walking into the " balls room". That person has a solution on his hands that creates a magnetic force after two minutes. The balls have also been handled by the same person, 7 of them coated with a repellent, magnetic solution and one with the attraction solution on the Real Madrid ball.

You know what comes next!

Do they do PEDs too?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Bloody hell what's with everyone bumming Juve? Fact is, they get drawn against Bayern, Real or Barcelona, they are underdogs for a reason. We'd have a much better chance of beating Juventus than any of the other three teams.

More to do with what we are good at it being totally nullified by what they are good at than them being a better side than Bayern Real or Barcelona. I think we'd stand a tiny chance against any of them to be fair, best draw for us is they all draw each other and Dortmund get Aletico and we get Monaco. We can do a number on Monaco they way they play I think. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

"The odds of Leicester getting away with doping in the CL are probably much slimmer, surely they will be wary of teams being desperate enough to try it... I'm still not ever calling this team that good though(they are the biggest overachievers for their talent and the football they play)they do not dominate matches they pinch them by soaking up pressure for 80% of a game and then sucker punch/smash and grab. They deserve plenty of credit but don't get carried away saying they are better than pretty much any top 6 team, it was the same last season people can say a win is a win all they like it doesn't tell the who story by any stretch, football is more than that."

"It's not like they play football is it?
They sit back and soak up the pressure, attack with pace=win games.
Really want a decent team to come along and put them down. 
2 faced, time wasting, cheating football club."

My favourites.

"A win is a win", "football is more than that".. He's right, a win isn't just a win - a win is 3 points, and we won the league by 10 points last season - does that tell the whole story? It's not like we won the league like how Portugal won the Euros.

And what is that about "time wasting"? Last season we'd take it to the corner to kill off a game, sure, but that's nothing to complain about. We hardly ever waste time from a dead-ball/throw-in situation. We do nothing more than any other team.

1 hour ago, FireFox said:

My favourites.

"A win is a win", "football is more than that".. He's right, a win isn't just a win - a win is 3 points, and we won the league by 10 points last season - does that tell the whole story? It's not like we won the league like how Portugal won the Euros.

And what is that about "time wasting"? Last season we'd take it to the corner to kill off a game, sure, but that's nothing to complain about. We hardly ever waste time from a dead-ball/throw-in situation. We do nothing more than any other team.

Exactly. 

Vs Sevilla we had a corner in the 85th minute and - much to the bemusement of the commentators - opted not for a short corner but to put it into the box to try and kill off the match. 

If we are pissing city fans off imagine the fun we can have if we do win the CL.

Just look at the fun with aresenil spuds and them lollol

Especially if Liverpool push them into fourth place and we won it lollollol

The next war of the roses lol mancs v Leicestershire.

Edited by sylofox
  • Like 1

Wow what conspiracies. I like the PED one and the cheek to suggest that pundits and journalists have not had a go at us, is there not TV or papers in Moss Side? I think many of the 'Manc Wank' brigade look like they have been smoking something for too long with the paranoid bollocks being written. Jealousy is horrible to see, a little hypocritical as Man City have been a good story coming back up the divisions to win the premier league.

Saaaca Nuus from the US of A....

Leicester City’s new manager, Craig Shakespeare, seemingly orchestrated a turnaround.

In 2015-16, Leicester City out of nowhere became the most interesting thing in the soccer world, winning the Premier League title along the way. One year later, it stands a better chance of being relegated than it does of repeating as champion, but suddenly it is again the most interesting thing going.

The legend of last season is etched into history.

Leicester, having barely escaped relegation in 2014-15, scraped wins on a weekly basis behind Jamie Vardy, an escapee from the English semipro leagues, and Riyad Mahrez and N’Golo Kante, unfashionable afterthoughts from France. Combined with manager Claudio Ranieri’s wizardry and a defense made up of spare parts and rejects, the Foxes cruised to the most unlikely title in the annals of European soccer.

Leicester lost Kante in the offseason, to a big-money payday at Chelsea, but the rest of the squad stuck around for another year. It quickly became apparent, though, that whatever magic the Foxes had was gone. Leicester muddled through the fall, seemingly more focused on making it through an easy Champions League group. In the new year, it all fell apart. Leicester went six league games without scoring a goal, losing five of the six, and was dumped out of the FA Cup by a third-division team that was down to 10 men. When the Foxes dropped the first leg of their Champions League round of 16 tie against Sevilla, losing 2-1 and being dominated for much of the game, the club’s owner had seen enough and fired Ranieri less than a year after the title win.

It prompted an outcry from much of the soccer world. Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho even wore “CR” on his own tracksuit as a tribute. Ranieri had earned a place as a Leicester legend for orchestrating the magical title run; to dump him seemed crazy, even though the Foxes — now second to last in the league — seemed destined for relegation. Ownership was ridiculed for what seemed to be the apex of short-term, money-addled thinking.

That was barely three weeks ago. Since then, the club has appointed assistant manager Craig Shakespeare as the interim coach. Shakespeare made a small change to the starting lineup, replacing underwhelming winger Ahmed Musa, brought in last summer, with Shinji Okazaki, one of the club’s stalwarts from last year. And somehow, the combination of a new manager and Okazaki’s return has transformed Leicester. Since Ranieri’s firing, the club has two impressive wins in the league and managed to beat Sevilla 2-0 in the second leg of their tie to become the only English team to make the Champions League quarterfinals this year.

Can Leicester escape the relegation zone for good and, while doing that, also finagle its way into the later stages of the Champions League? Three weeks ago, it all seemed totally impossible. Suddenly, the Foxes are full of intrigue.....

2 minutes ago, Ecdysiast said:
Saaaca Nuus from the US of A....

Leicester City’s new manager, Craig Shakespeare, seemingly orchestrated a turnaround.

In 2015-16, Leicester City out of nowhere became the most interesting thing in the soccer world, winning the Premier League title along the way. One year later, it stands a better chance of being relegated than it does of repeating as champion, but suddenly it is again the most interesting thing going.

The legend of last season is etched into history.

Leicester, having barely escaped relegation in 2014-15, scraped wins on a weekly basis behind Jamie Vardy, an escapee from the English semipro leagues, and Riyad Mahrez and N’Golo Kante, unfashionable afterthoughts from France. Combined with manager Claudio Ranieri’s wizardry and a defense made up of spare parts and rejects, the Foxes cruised to the most unlikely title in the annals of European soccer.

Leicester lost Kante in the offseason, to a big-money payday at Chelsea, but the rest of the squad stuck around for another year. It quickly became apparent, though, that whatever magic the Foxes had was gone. Leicester muddled through the fall, seemingly more focused on making it through an easy Champions League group. In the new year, it all fell apart. Leicester went six league games without scoring a goal, losing five of the six, and was dumped out of the FA Cup by a third-division team that was down to 10 men. When the Foxes dropped the first leg of their Champions League round of 16 tie against Sevilla, losing 2-1 and being dominated for much of the game, the club’s owner had seen enough and fired Ranieri less than a year after the title win.

It prompted an outcry from much of the soccer world. Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho even wore “CR” on his own tracksuit as a tribute. Ranieri had earned a place as a Leicester legend for orchestrating the magical title run; to dump him seemed crazy, even though the Foxes — now second to last in the league — seemed destined for relegation. Ownership was ridiculed for what seemed to be the apex of short-term, money-addled thinking.

That was barely three weeks ago. Since then, the club has appointed assistant manager Craig Shakespeare as the interim coach. Shakespeare made a small change to the starting lineup, replacing underwhelming winger Ahmed Musa, brought in last summer, with Shinji Okazaki, one of the club’s stalwarts from last year. And somehow, the combination of a new manager and Okazaki’s return has transformed Leicester. Since Ranieri’s firing, the club has two impressive wins in the league and managed to beat Sevilla 2-0 in the second leg of their tie to become the only English team to make the Champions League quarterfinals this year.

Can Leicester escape the relegation zone for good and, while doing that, also finagle its way into the later stages of the Champions League? Three weeks ago, it all seemed totally impossible. Suddenly, the Foxes are full of intrigue.....

U.S.A...U.S.A....Fvck yeah !

Land of the brave, must be to write this shit ??

Man city, ha ha. The whole problem with football in this country is man city, and chelsea. These clubs aren't "great" clubs with massive history's, not in the same sense as Man utd and Liverpool. These are money clubs that have bought success and in 50 years time, when the oil runs out, that's what history will tell us. I remember talking to one of their fans on the way back to my car when sol bamba scored in the fa cup and the crap he was coming out with about "we're signing such and such for 22 million and such and such for 30 million", i just got the impression he didn't even know who the players were, just that they cost a lot of money so they must be the best players in the world.

• Like 1

At least some of them Man City fans seem to know where they came from themselves. I hate this 'Leicesters brand of football is wrong', just because it is not the free flowing attacking football some of the top teams play. We play football like a TEAM and have shown eveyone that you can get some really astonishing results performing like that.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Jonezy said:

At least some of them Man City fans seem to know where they came from themselves. I hate this 'Leicesters brand of football is wrong', just because it is not the free flowing attacking football some of the top teams play. We play football like a TEAM and have shown eveyone that you can get some really astonishing results performing like that.

Exactly. More than 1 way to play the game. It's not like Vardy is picking the ball up, putting it under his shirt and windmilling at defenders.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, GeorgeTheFox said:

Jesus. I'm so sick of reading/hearing these opinions. If it was their club dropping like a stone towards the Championship during their Premier League title defence, I don't think their stout defence of 'loyalty' in football would last as long. These people just skim the tip of the iceberg when it comes to Ranieri's sacking. Delve a little deeper and it becomes understandable, even necessary.

Sure, it's an extreme situation because of the title miracle. I was one of those calling for Ranieri to get the whole season regardless. But I understand it now, given the information that has come out since.

13 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

Jesus. I'm so sick of reading/hearing these opinions. If it was their club dropping like a stone towards the Championship during their Premier League title defence, I don't think their stout defence of 'loyalty' in football would last as long. These people just skim the tip of the iceberg when it comes to Ranieri's sacking. Delve a little deeper and it becomes understandable, even necessary.

Sure, it's an extreme situation because of the title miracle. I was one of those calling for Ranieri to get the whole season regardless. But I understand it now, given the information that has come out since.

No-ones forcing you to read these opinions, i quite enjoy it.

16 minutes ago, crisp packet said:

My favourite part... 

We tend not to cry it in. We tend not to look for excuses. I certainly don’t. If I think it’s more fact than excuse, I’ll call it with you. But I try not to go for excuses. 

I'm not sure if he doesn't even realise that he always has an excuse orrrrr

27 minutes ago, crisp packet said:

Only deflecting criticism away from he's team, it's good management, he's still a ginger nob thou!