Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Just another sign of the way media and "journalism" are heading in general.

Instead of aiming for quality, it's all about hits and controversy.

Blame William Randolph Hearst.

Wasn't the first to come up with the idea of 'tabloid journalism' to sell papers but was the first to make it work well.

http://untold-arsenal.com/archives/35965 another idiot who's done his research into our club..

If you are going to put your actual name to an article make sure it doesn't include total bullshit such as the Championship is going to sue us and we could be relegated to League 1. Total and utter made up bollocks

Some people have clearly scanned the FFP rules and made a series of assumptions. It's only the accounts from this season for what FFP can be judged on.

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

http://untold-arsenal.com/archives/35965 another idiot who's done his research into our club..

Not his finest moment, in particular when linking FFP and its consequences to us (seeing that we've paid off our debts and have cut down on players' wages tremendously).

He has rather big troubles putting one and one together.

It's rather speculative and clearly written from a fan's perspective with little to no insight into the game.

("This has led some to suggest that the Championship will sue Leicester and QPR, and they might." Who are the "some"? And note the use of "might", too.)

All in all, he's more concerned with QPR's fate in this piece. He can fry the Hoops as much as he wants to, as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by MC Prussian

• 1 month later...

Understandable, i'd imagine many on here would do the same if the boot was on the other foot. QPR did make me chuckle though, the same club that payed Chris Samba about 100k a week.

Understandable, i'd imagine many on here would do the same if the boot was on the other foot. QPR did make me chuckle though, the same club that payed Chris Samba about 100k a week.

Literally the last club that can claim shock over other teams' spending. 

If it had been another club paying 8-10 million for Ulloa this place would have painted a similar picture though: There'd be those talking about daylight robbery and laughing at the buying club, while others bemoan the state of modern football that's made such a fee the going rate for a striker from a club in the English leagues.

As for my own opinion: If Nigel thinks it's necessary to pay that much to bring the club what it needs on the pitch then I'm willing to defer to his judgement until we've really seen what Ulloa can do for us.

I don't rate that Ulloa. He's above average championship striker. But 7mil rising to 10 is massively over priced. Big spending Leicester city

From the QPR forum!!! lol lol lol lol

Think it must be tongue in cheek, I mean seriously, how can they possibly call anybody 'big spending'? They spent more than most premiership teams last season.