Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

35 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Not yet mate. It's in March. I saw him,yesterday cos,he's house hunting in Nottingham, and he's the leanest I've ever seen him.

Fair play to him for taking it seriously.

Ah I thought it was last night for some reason. 

Good on him for participating in it. Takes some serious balls to get in the ring no matter the level or standard.

• Like 2

I had £20 on Groves on points at 9/2, so was dead happy with that. Where we were sat though, it looked like Eubank was in control at the start because we had no idea if his shots had connected or not. Even from the top tier though, you could tell Groves had him where he wanted him towards the end. The last round was magnificent. 

3 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

I had £20 on Groves on points at 9/2, so was dead happy with that. Where we were sat though, it looked like Eubank was in control at the start because we had no idea if his shots had connected or not. Even from the top tier though, you could tell Groves had him where he wanted him towards the end. The last round was magnificent. 

This is why I don't really go to live events, one of those sports much better seen on a TV screen, although attending big fights in London New Your and Vegas is on the bucket list.

On 18/02/2018 at 15:48, Finnegan said:

Lets be honest, neither of them are really going to go down in history as top fighters.

Be meaning to reply to this for awhile. 

Depends what you mean by top fighter. 

Eubank obviously not. Groves has taken on all comers since an early age, Froch, Jack, DeGale, Chudinov, and Eubank. Boxers who won’t take the big fights is something you’ve had a whinge about recently and that is something you can’t level at George Groves. All depends on how many fights he has left who he fights and if he wins them, but I wouldn’t say it’s impossible for him to retire with a very very good legacy. Id struggle not to put him in the top 10 British super middle weights of all time and I don’t think he’s 30 yet. Let's put it this way if people view benn and Eubank sr as being top fighters there's every chance groves could be one.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

On 19/02/2018 at 12:43, Manwell Pablo said:

This is why I don't really go to live events, one of those sports much better seen on a TV screen, although attending big fights in London New Your and Vegas is on the bucket list.

The small arenas/halls are worth a visit. York Hall & The Copper Box are 2 I’ve been to recently, had a great time. I agree, that seeing, say Joshua, at Wembley/Millennium would be best viewed on the box. Can’t see much point of paying upwards of £80/100 to see fighters from half a mile away !? 

Brook rabechenko tonight. Drugs cheat vs the fraud in the states later. Who's watching what? Might have to tape Wilder Ortiz can't see me staying up.

Assuming he's not had boxing beaten out of him by his last two opponents can see brook winning by stoppage and wilder beating a now too long in the tooth for this fight Ortiz again by stoppage.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

1 hour ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Brook rabechenko tonight. Drugs cheat vs the fraud in the states later. Who's watching what? Might have to tape Wilder Ortiz can't see me staying up.

Assuming he's not had boxing beaten out of him by his last two opponents can see brook winning by stoppage and wilder beating a now too long in the tooth for this fight Ortiz again by stoppage.

Will give it a watch after the Taylor fight I reckon, The only fight I'm that fussed about tonight is seeing how Wilder does but no chance I'm waiting it out until about 4ish.

Guess the only intriguing thing about the Brook fight is how much the injury is still in his head.

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

Great performance by Kell

He looks buff!

Hes 7 pounds heavier.

Yeah very good outing 

it is more of a natural weight for him.

id of liked to see him get hit bit more to sure up any concerns about him being in a brawl with his eye problems but he's got it done.