Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Churchill

Cov away tickets

Why is is a shit away day? Surely with 6000 of us going it will be great.

Without sounding like a 'snob' or 'I'm a better fan than you' because i'm not, I don't go to every away game, but I do go more than the 'daytripper', and this is i'm afraid to say a shit away day because of the daytrippers and family's who have as much right as anyone to go but it just seems they are not you typical, 'get behind the team' fans, which is a shame.

I'd much rather go somewhere like Barnsley, Palace, e.t.c and take 2,500 - 3,000 than go Coventry and take 6,000, because it's a better atmosphere.

It's not just our fans that make this a shit away day though, I find Coventry's stadium a dreary, depressing place, and the lack of banter because of their pisspoor attendances also accumulate in this game being poor as far as atmosphere is concerned.

Why am I going? Because I along with many I hate Coventry and see this as our local derby, to me it's more important than Forest or Derby (Although it seems it is frownd upon on here to 'hate' Coventry) and it's the first game of the season.

Without sounding like a 'snob' or 'I'm a better fan than you' because i'm not, I don't go to every away game, but I do go more than the 'daytripper', and this is i'm afraid to say a shit away day because of the daytrippers and family's who have as much right as anyone to go but it just seems they are not you typical, 'get behind the team' fans, which is a shame.

I'd much rather go somewhere like Barnsley, Palace, e.t.c and take 2,500 - 3,000 than go Coventry and take 6,000, because it's a better atmosphere.

It's not just our fans that make this a shit away day though, I find Coventry's stadium a dreary, depressing place, and the lack of banter because of their pisspoor attendances also accumulate in this game being poor as far as atmosphere is concerned.

Why am I going? Because I along with many I hate Coventry and see this as our local derby, to me it's more important than Forest or Derby (Although it seems it is frownd upon on here to 'hate' Coventry) and it's the first game of the season.

:appl::appl:

Yea, agree with most of this. Cov away is often full of daytrippers, barely half the end stands and the atmosphere is never great. However, the chavs in the corner to the right of us pretty much out-sung us last year, it's not as if their fans aren't giving us anything, just a very small section.

I'm going with a much more positive outlook this season though. It's the 1st game of the season, the general atmosphere around the club seems upbeat and our away outings the last few season have improved since the legendary aways of League 1. I'm going with the mindset that it's going to be a great day out, 3 points on the board, top of the league, good performance and our end going mental!!

But surely that would apply to any derby? I went to Forest last season and it was electric.

I am going to be standing and signing for 90 minutes.

Nah, Cov's much much worse than Forest/Derby.

Archived