Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lavrentis

Legalise cannabis?

Legalise?  

487 members have voted

1. 1. Should Marijuana be legal?

• Yes
    • No

34 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

You can't seriously be reproaching the Libs for not enacting their manifesto when they were a minority partner in a coalition, can you?

I think that it's a sensible move putting it in their manifesto.

You would think that free market / libertarian inclined Tories would support the legalisation (and taxation) of a product already being enjoyed the length of the country, but the Tories of 2017 are the opposite of bold or innovative.

To the detriment of the country, prohibition will remain.

The manifesto is not worth the paper it's written on. 

You might as well vote for me. Zero tax all round and free ice cream for all. 

9 hours ago, The People's Hero said:

I'm not a big fan of ice cream so I won't be voting for you.

2 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

I'm not a big fan of ice cream so I won't be voting for you.

Yes. It was a fictional, imaginary example to help some people understand. There's no free ice cream. Just like there was never a deal on tuition fees. 

Never mind. 

15 hours ago, The People's Hero said:

I get your point but what else are they supposed to do? Not bother? 

Everyone knows the Lib Dems, the Greens, UKIP and all the rest aren't going to be running the country, but if they don't have any policies they might as well not even exist.

If they don't exist then we all suffer.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ajthefox said:

I get your point but what else are they supposed to do? Not bother? 

Everyone knows the Lib Dems, the Greens, UKIP and all the rest aren't going to be running the country, but if they don't have any policies they might as well not even exist.

If they don't exist then we all suffer.

Completely agree. They are only on benefit as opposition parties however if they devise workable manifestos as opposed to any old dream they won't attempt to act on. 

Depends on what you want from a manifesto really. We are probably at cross purposes. I want to see a summary of what will be achieved in the years of government and what will be the key heads of points of focus. If you just want to see a list of what a party might think is a vote winner but ultimately they will never even try to do then you're right. Different perspectives. 

10 hours ago, The People's Hero said:

Yes. It was a fictional, imaginary example to help some people understand. There's no free ice cream. Just like there was never a deal on tuition fees. 

Never mind. 

So, just to be clear - the Liberals are not promising free ice-cream?

Not even lollies

5 minutes ago, pSinatra said:

I got my polling card in the post the other day & I was going to vote Liberal, but the card makes excellent roach paper - so can't vote now.

You'll be fine. 

It'll have worn off by polling day..

2 minutes ago, Buce said:

You'll be fine. 

It'll have worn off by polling day..

It's so difficult to find the the perfect thickness of card, but those polling cards are spot on.  Maybe if I work my way around the edges & leave the part with my name & address on.

Another problem is that I have to pass the Co-Op on the way to the polling station.  I'll probably just buy myself a giant bag of Frazzles, go back home & have a bit of a sleep.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, China Black said:

Please don't legalise. Wouldn't want the environment smelling like shit everytime I walk.

I take it you've never been to Holland.  Sure in Amsterdam you're guaranteed a regular pong because of all the tourist lads who can't help themselves but in the rest of the country it's no more odorous outdoors than over here.   The reason being that smoking it in public areas isn't legal for many obvious reasons and I'm sure we'd adopt that same stance.  Oh and also the fact that being 'legal' doesn't mean that everybody smokes the stuff.  Indeed only 8% of the Dutch partake which isn't too far above our 6.6%...  If we're smoking almost as much as them anyway then really what is the point of depriving the nation of the fiscal opportunities created by legally sanctioning the industry?

What other concerns do you have about cannabis?

Edited by Carl the Llama
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

I take it you've never been to Holland.  Sure in Amsterdam you're guaranteed a regular pong because of all the tourist lads who can't help themselves but in the rest of the country it's no more odorous outdoors than over here.   The reason being that smoking it in public areas isn't legal for many obvious reasons and I'm sure we'd adopt that same stance.  Oh and also the fact that being 'legal' doesn't mean that everybody smokes the stuff.  Indeed only 8% of the Dutch partake which isn't too far above our 6.6%...  If we're smoking almost as much as them anyway then really what is the point of depriving the nation of the fiscal opportunities created by legally sanctioning the industry?

What other concerns do you have about cannabis?

He must be on the wind up.

Even his user name sounds like an exotic hash.

I just can't understand why people smoke cannabis ...    I really can't.

I used to scoff it and wash it down with a few pints ...    Far less p1ssing about and a longer high.    

Hid mine in the back of my alarm clock ...    Not too bothered about plod but more my thieving mates !   :)

22 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

I used to scoff it and wash it down with a few pints ...    Far less p1ssing about and a longer high.    

Hid mine in the back of my alarm clock ...    Not too bothered about plod but more my thieving mates !   :)

Same here, I suppository is far more enjoyable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Countryfox said:

Nah, dead give away, CF..

591dfacb0d42c_alarmcock.jpg.a617e1a2f711561ba4816bff3b34cea4.jpg

On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 07:41, Buce said:

So, just to be clear - the Liberals are not promising free ice-cream?

Not even lollies

Free ice cream tomorrow.

They might give us free ice cream, but they'd pay for it by taxing the cones

Police to patrol areas near Loughborough colleges after complaints over students smoking cannabis

By atroughton  |  Posted: May 25, 2017

By Liam Coleman

Getty Images

image: http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/images/localworld/ugc-images/276308/Article/images/30354180/16017911-large.jpg

The old railway track (left) in Loughborough between Thorpe Hill and Clowbridge Drive

Police are to patrol near two colleges in Loughborough following complaints from residents about students in school uniform smoking cannabis.

County councillor Max Hunt said he had received complaints from residents in his Loughborough North West ward that their children had to walk through clouds of smoke in the morning as students had been smoking cannabis near to Charnwood College and De Lisle College.

One complainant told Coun Hunt that they were unable to identify which school the students were from, but that they were in school uniform.

Coun Hunt said that a complainant had told him that their child had seen young people in school uniforms smoking illegal substances between 8.15am and 8.30am during the week near the old railway track in Loughborough between Thorpe Hill and Clowbridge Drive.

Read more: Leicester landmark shuts because it could be a danger to public

image: http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/images/localworld/ugc-images/276308/binaries/weedsmokers3.JPG

The old railway track between Thorpe Hill and Clowbridge Road in Loughborough

The same person had also said that groups had been smoking drugs between the Garendon Club and Gracedieu Road.

Coun Hunt said: "Several residents have complained to me about students smoking dope before school in the area.

"They have said to me that they have children that have had to walk through the smoke as they are passing through the area in the morning.

"I would like to say that I haven't smelt it myself, but I am reflecting the concerns of the people in my area and they are incredibly offended by students smoking cannabis."

One parent who has a child at a school in the area said: "I wouldn't be surprised if they were smoking it (cannabis) around here, it is just difficult to catch them."

A Leicestershire Police spokesman said: "Local officers have been tasked to patrol in the vicinity of two colleges in Loughborough.

Read more: Teen inmate with bad record bites and head-butts prison guard

image: http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/images/localworld/ugc-images/276308/binaries/weedsmokers2.JPG

The alleyway between the Garendon Club and Gracedieu Road

"Anyone with information about drug use in the area is encouraged to call 101 and report their concerns in order for enquiries to be carried out."

Mark Sutton, principal at Charnwood College said: "Since being notified of Mr Hunt's concerns about the possibility of young people smoking, staff from our college and neighbouring schools have endeavoured to increase our monitoring of the area concerned.

"While we do not believe these young people are from our school, we thank Mr Hunt for raising the issue."

De Lisle College did not wish to comment.

Read more at http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/police-to-patrol-looking-for-pupils-in-school-uniform-smoking-cannabis/story-30354180-detail/story.html#oM1dlbMOfuX0hIHg.99

6 minutes ago, davieG said:

Police to patrol areas near Loughborough colleges after complaints over students smoking cannabis

By Liam Coleman

Getty Images

image: http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/images/localworld/ugc-images/276308/Article/images/30354180/16017911-large.jpg

The old railway track (left) in Loughborough between Thorpe Hill and Clowbridge Drive

Police are to patrol near two colleges in Loughborough following complaints from residents about students in school uniform smoking cannabis.

County councillor Max Hunt said he had received complaints from residents in his Loughborough North West ward that their children had to walk through clouds of smoke in the morning as students had been smoking cannabis near to Charnwood College and De Lisle College.

One complainant told Coun Hunt that they were unable to identify which school the students were from, but that they were in school uniform.

Coun Hunt said that a complainant had told him that their child had seen young people in school uniforms smoking illegal substances between 8.15am and 8.30am during the week near the old railway track in Loughborough between Thorpe Hill and Clowbridge Drive.

image: http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/images/localworld/ugc-images/276308/binaries/weedsmokers3.JPG

The same person had also said that groups had been smoking drugs between the Garendon Club and Gracedieu Road.

Coun Hunt said: "Several residents have complained to me about students smoking dope before school in the area.

"They have said to me that they have children that have had to walk through the smoke as they are passing through the area in the morning.

"I would like to say that I haven't smelt it myself, but I am reflecting the concerns of the people in my area and they are incredibly offended by students smoking cannabis."

One parent who has a child at a school in the area said: "I wouldn't be surprised if they were smoking it (cannabis) around here, it is just difficult to catch them."

A Leicestershire Police spokesman said: "Local officers have been tasked to patrol in the vicinity of two colleges in Loughborough.

image: http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/images/localworld/ugc-images/276308/binaries/weedsmokers2.JPG

"Anyone with information about drug use in the area is encouraged to call 101 and report their concerns in order for enquiries to be carried out."

Mark Sutton, principal at Charnwood College said: "Since being notified of Mr Hunt's concerns about the possibility of young people smoking, staff from our college and neighbouring schools have endeavoured to increase our monitoring of the area concerned.

"While we do not believe these young people are from our school, we thank Mr Hunt for raising the issue."

Read more at http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/police-to-patrol-looking-for-pupils-in-school-uniform-smoking-cannabis/story-30354180-detail/story.html#oM1dlbMOfuX0hIHg.99

Will we be also wasting resources sending officers out to the woods in search of bear shit?

11 minutes ago, davieG said:

By Liam Coleman

Getty Images

And yet they've got no problem with people smoking their taxed tobacco in public...